• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Berserker Woes Part 1: Bugged Enemy Animations

Quite simply, you're missing the point. If you decap the gorefast, or any other zed, they should receive the same stunned effect and any attacks should be cancelled and restarted on the proper timer of when the stun would wear off. Cutting off their head and getting slashed while they're stunned before you can even move away is absolutely unacceptable. Berserkers have always relied on the ability to decap and run. Now we decap, get slashed as we decap, then get jumped by a teleporting zed from behind and die right before we can run. Pretttty lame.

you're not getting my post, what I'm saying is at no point in that video was he attacked by any gores during a decap. watch it again and notice when he decaps and when his health drops, all those hits they got in were directly before/after he sawed their heads off, even as they lumbered toward him while getting sawn with no heads. he just let himself get surrounded thinking he was safe with holding out the chainsaw in front of him, he was not backing away fast enough to get out of range from normal speed slashes and didn't pay attention to his flanks.

the problem is that people don't realise the chainsaw primary attack no longer does enough damage to fully stun them. decaps only cause a short stun that they recover from quickly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As a berserker, I don't believe you. Unless you were playing beginner poundamonium, you couldn't kill those fleshpounds fast enough without decapping them perfectly 99% of the time which I highly doubt you were doing, and even then they will still smack you and do a ton of damage. The time you would have to spend running away to keep it so one nears you at a time would most certainly enrage some of the far back fleshpounds and send them racing towards you.

I. Dont. Zerk. Poundamonium. Alone. Unless it's beginner, for that very reason, invariably, what i DONT dodge (Probably 1 in 15 swings) will wear me down when i've got 15 or 20 of them chasing me at once

For the record, it's about 10 alt fires to the face per suicidal Pound or more depending on players (Compared to 2 on beginner)

the problem is that people don't realise the chainsaw primary attack no longer does enough damage to fully stun them. decaps only cause a short stun that they recover from quickly.

this, chainsaw is all about alt-fire unless you have a lot of weaker ones on you (Clots, stalkers, Crawlers (Make them jump into the blade))

Upvote 0
Beginner poundamonium is a joke -_-. It takes them like 6 hits to kill you, and they're extremely slow so you can just step out of their swing each time.

which is why you play it on suicidal

Hehe another reason why after I get level 6 perk for Sharpshooter I won't be working on Berserker, instead another ranged like commando.

Zerker is fun, dont play it for extreme effectiveness, play it to just have fun and a few laughs at the expense of a bunch of random zombies

A lot of the time when i'm bored, i'll join beginner games or run one and just do nothing but play berserker with a couple friends and teach newbies the ropes

Upvote 0
You can dodge Clots, Husks, Bloats' melee, etc because they need to put their hand backwards before they actually give you a slap. But for Gorefast, something funny is happening. If they are under attack, they can damage you AS SOON AS they starts their attack animation.

I really want a vedio showing HOW to dodge every Gorefasts' attack at ease.

Upvote 0
You can dodge Clots, Husks, Bloats' melee, etc because they need to put their hand backwards before they actually give you a slap. But for Gorefast, something funny is happening. If they are under attack, they can damage you AS SOON AS they starts their attack animation.

I really want a vedio showing HOW to dodge every Gorefasts' attack at ease.

Try it yourself:

Get katana, be L5-6 zerker (i'm L6)
Run at it with katana
Watch for it's arm going back (from "rushing" posistion)
Back up, causing it to be swinging AND standing still
Run up and alt-fire at max range during the "Backswing"
Watch it's head fly off
Back up
?????????
PROFIT!

you wont dodge EVERY gorefast melee'ing them if you have more than one on you from more than one direction, this is when you pop out a handcannon or 9mm and decap the punks before moving a bit and resuming sharp and pointy murder

Upvote 0
Level 6, body armor + CSaw + Katana, solo suicidal, you cant pop it's head off, but you can abuse things like corners and doors to actually BLOCK it's attack

Well that isnt blocking its attack, just avoiding them by jumping around map obstacles. Hardly the same thing.

If you are playing Poundamonium on suicidal with katana, theres no ****ing way you can take out 34 FPs alone (1st wave). Pretty much 90% of the time at least one or two of those fleshpounds will rage without a reason. There is no way you can avoid 2 fleshpounds raging while another 32 is chasing you. Not to mention that in the first wave you have only CHAINSAW. Id like to see you kill an FP with a chainsaw since you cant even run quickly.

I tried doing it with my level 5 berserker on West London, and when ever I tried to attack one from behind a corner I got ambushed by a group coming from the opposite direction. And most of the time this fleshpound I attacked with the chainsaw altfire on head, it raged and killed me with 2 hits. With a armor you could have survived maybe 4 hits. Then I tried a different approach and made the whole giant group follow me in a line so they couldnt sneak up on me, but what happened (like I explained above) 2 fleshpounds raged without a reason and killed me pretty much instantly.

SO Id like to see a video as proof too, where you kill even a single wave of fleshpounds on suicidal with a katana and a chainsaw (which you have at first wave) without bug abusing or glitches.

in a 6-man game, i wait until he's on someone other than me, and run up to it to rage it right as it hits a pipe, The combined fire from my melee, Grenades, and a good sharp or 2 is more than enough to drop him in an instant

So you are saying you can take a fleshpound out with a katana after it has run over a pipebomb, get hit by multiple grenades and being shot by 2 shaprshooters, while he isnt chasing you?

Upvote 0
Well that isnt blocking its attack, just avoiding them by jumping around map obstacles. Hardly the same thing.

If you are playing Poundamonium on suicidal with katana, theres no ****ing way you can take out 34 FPs alone (1st wave). Pretty much 90% of the time at least one or two of those fleshpounds will rage without a reason. There is no way you can avoid 2 fleshpounds raging while another 32 is chasing you. Not to mention that in the first wave you have only CHAINSAW. Id like to see you kill an FP with a chainsaw since you cant even run quickly.

I tried doing it with my level 5 berserker on West London, and when ever I tried to attack one from behind a corner I got ambushed by a group coming from the opposite direction. And most of the time this fleshpound I attacked with the chainsaw altfire on head, it raged and killed me with 2 hits. With a armor you could have survived maybe 4 hits. Then I tried a different approach and made the whole giant group follow me in a line so they couldnt sneak up on me, but what happened (like I explained above) 2 fleshpounds raged without a reason and killed me pretty much instantly.

SO Id like to see a video as proof too, where you kill even a single wave of fleshpounds on suicidal with a katana and a chainsaw (which you have at first wave) without bug abusing or glitches.

Do you read? I dont zerk suicidal poundamonium alone, ever, it's a terrible idea by DESIGN, yes, lets run head to head with something you cant instakill that will surround and instakill you without fail, your amazing logic and switching of words is great, if you even watch my videos, i rely on a lever-action or similar and some well-placed headshots to drop FP's when they pop up in my suicidal games (not poundamonium)

So you are saying you can take a fleshpound out with a katana after it has run over a pipebomb, get hit by multiple grenades and being shot by 2 shaprshooters, while he isnt chasing you?
no, i'm saying i coordinate with team-members to rage-instakill it by headshot-raging it in an ideal open location for stacking, getting rid of it with little or no ammo used

No offense, but you seem built to fail by not knowing the role or limitations of a class just like all the commandos i see who obviously hacked their perks because they insist on dumping a clip into a fleshpound (and usually getting someone killed in the process) Rather than ignoring it's unraged self and killing the crawlers/stalkers killing the medic not 10 feet from them

Or the firebugs that insist on trying to burn husks to death, or scrakes for that matter, when a zerker can eat both of them alive without a scratch, etc.

Then again, you might blow me away with hitherto unknown sudden epic knowledge and trigonometry that somehow vaguely relates to the discussion at hand (How enemy animations can bug and screw over lower level zerkers on difficulties above beginner) beyond the obvious, that we know it happens

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, you were telling us how awesome berserker you are and how you can block FP attacks and even knife them to death on suicidal. Then someone mentioned beginner poundamonium and you said its too easy. Then I saw a post were you said "Level 6, body armor + CSaw + Katana, solo suicidal" so I kinda assumed you were talking about soloing suicidal against fleshpounds.

Because, there is NOTHING amazing about killing a fleshpound which had been shot by 2 sharpshooters, hit by grenades and a pipebomb, even if it was chasing you.. -_-

All those things considered, I just didnt expect you to be actually boasting about killing a half dead fleshpound with a katana.

Like someone already said in the previous page, you should explain yourself a bit better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, you were telling us how awesome berserker you are and how you can block FP attacks and even knife them to death on suicidal. Then someone mentioned beginner poundamonium and you said its too easy. Then I saw a post were you said "Level 6, body armor + CSaw + Katana, solo suicidal" so I kinda assumed you were talking about soloing suicidal against fleshpounds.

Because, there is NOTHING amazing about killing a fleshpound which had been shot by 2 sharpshooters, hit by grenades and a pipebomb, even if it was chasing you.. -_-

All those things considered, I just didnt expect you to be actually boasting about killing a half dead fleshpound with a katana.

Like someone already said in the previous page, you should explain yourself a bit better.

A. that was referring to taking on my Husk-only mutator
B. No s*** sherlock, i just rage them to make them stand still for a second so they blow up and we move on
C. yes, i've knifed a suicidal FP to death as a berserker when it was the last mob in a wave, it takes a lot of hits to do (i counted 29 hits)
D. I can "Block" or "Evade" FP Attacks by abusing such amazing geometry as walls and doors, any half-wit decent player can do this, it's nothing special

I explain myself just fine if you don't skim posts

Upvote 0
So does this make me a god as a berserker by solo'ing my own hellfire mutator on suicidal as a chainsaw user?

Yeah, they can flinch hit, if you stand still like an idiot, keep moving, they miss, you win

Try this:

Find a husk, preferably alone
Run up to it with the knife out (Any perk) dodging fireballs
Alt-knife it in the face
Back up, watching it melee the air uselessly
Repeat 2 through 4 above until it dies

what happens? the husk tries to melee you, but misses (Slow) while your knife altfire just BARELY connects, and then you move closer so it tries to punch again, and inevitably dies

This same logic works on anything, even Pounds, but not the patty due to his arsenal (he'll just LB you/Minigun you/Etc)

you're too used to the Zerker cyclone tactic to be useful as one, you require practice

read
L2p

Upvote 0

Dont worry, they will skip it, so i made a shiny waste-of-my-time tactics vid showing timing boxes, locking animations, and even a melee-only patriarch kill

Expect a pair of Youtube links shortly, they'll cry because it's beginner even though the tactics are exactly the same at any difficulty - you just have to react .1s faster or so to not fail, and you will actually require another weapon (For now, Kata+Crossbow works well)

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=109BAF33E97D3913

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What's that? Beginer? Or normal? HOW can you out run gorefasts in suicidal? I don't think you have time to "wait" he waves his arm and step up to kill him. And, gorefasts on suicidal are so god damn many and god damn fast, not like in your vedio, just a few of them.

Chainsaw crawlers? What about hard and suicidal? You sure they instant kill by touching the chain saw!?

WOW, you can kill a scrake in one alt-fire!! Try chainsaw them on hard and dont get hit.

Also, fireballs of Husks is pretty easy to dodge on beginer to hard difficult. Try to dodge close to medium rage fireballs on suicidal, YOU GET HIT most of the time.

WHAT? The Pat only have 2400 hp?
Al least for me, I dont consider any method that dont work on suicidal as a suitable method to fight anything. For example, if you are 4lv+ medic, Patty of normal or beginer cant melee you if you are holding your knife and running at full speed. But that dont work on suicidal, so I dont consider this as a method to fight Patty.
And, sadly to say, most of your ways just dont work on official maps and higher difficulties.

Upvote 0
Dont worry, they will skip it, so i made a shiny waste-of-my-time tactics vid showing timing boxes, locking animations, and even a melee-only patriarch kill

Expect a pair of Youtube links shortly, they'll cry because it's beginner even though the tactics are exactly the same at any difficulty - you just have to react .1s faster or so to not fail, and you will actually require another weapon (For now, Kata+Crossbow works well)

Edit: [url]http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=109BAF33E97D3913[/URL]

You seem to forget that Gorefasts, Clots, Fleshpounds, the Patriarch, and Scrakes can move and attack at the same time. Thus it really ONLY works on Husks and Stalkers.

And that on Hard/Suicidal, almost all enemies can at least match your moving forward movespeed, thus they can and WILL catch up to you if you backpedal, which is slower. Gorefasts in particular will catch you on Suicidal when you're stepping backwards...

Besides, if you'd stop the attitude, people would be more willing to listen. That "L2P" attitude is better suited to Left 4 Dead or Counterstrike.

Upvote 0
You seem to forget that Gorefasts, Clots, Fleshpounds, the Patriarch, and Scrakes can move and attack at the same time. Thus it really ONLY works on Husks and Stalkers.

And that on Hard/Suicidal, almost all enemies can at least match your moving forward movespeed, thus they can and WILL catch up to you if you backpedal, which is slower. Gorefasts in particular will catch you on Suicidal when you're stepping backwards...

Besides, if you'd stop the attitude, people would be more willing to listen. That "L2P" attitude is better suited to Left 4 Dead or Counterstrike.

And yet, if you watch that, they ALL STOP TO ATTACK, EVERY SINGLE TIME

Someone didnt watch the videos that were there at the time of your edit, Again, i show animations and things to watch for that give huge windows of opportunity

FP's and the patty aren't designed to be meleed on suicidal

On gorefasts, for instance, directly from the video:

"Gorefasts have 2 weaknesses, when they rush, they have a U-shaped wave animation that stops them from attacking until it ends, they also stop to attack once they start rushing"

Go watch part one again, you might learn something

Upvote 0
You seem to forget that Gorefasts, Clots, Fleshpounds, the Patriarch, and Scrakes can move and attack at the same time.

Yeah, he said he know, may be he only play on normal, if he really plays suicidal, he wont say anything like this "the tactics are exactly the same at any difficulty". You are not totally vomit-proof on normal already. You cant chainsaw every crawlers without hurting yourself, you cant dodge fireballs like you did on normal, you cant outrun most of the zeds, and it is really difficult to avoid siren scream and step up again to kill her (she walks MUCH FASTER on suicidal).

If that really work on suicidal, why he record on an unofficial map and beginer level?

Upvote 0