• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Behemoth, and Alpha Crawler: HELP REFINING PLZ

I thought this was a new idea for a second :D
It's been that long since i posted.

I support the LAW = front, everything else = back tactic that's developed. It would make a massive difference and perhaps even allow DemoLAWtions a situation in which to really shine. Since right now the LAW is a joke weapon with no real niche/unique purpose.

Upvote 0
Yep. The LAW would be a nice take-down weapon. Of course, unloading on it's unarmored legs from an entire team while reatreating would likely do the trick. The best way would be to surround or flank it, but the more likely choice by teams would be an all out-assault.

So it is possible to take it down front-on, but with such amounts of health, it would be a difficult battle. However, communication and manuevering are

It would be great if someone could add in the unarmored leg thing- but I could settle for the Behemoth being able to absorb much more damage from the front in general, regardless of where someone aims (still keeping the LAW idea, though).

Also I am curious: Did you like the idea about his attack or did you have something else in mind?

I support the LAW = front, everything else = back tactic that's developed. It would make a massive difference and perhaps even allow DemoLAWtions a situation in which to really shine. Since right now the LAW is a joke weapon with no real niche/unique purpose.

Precisely :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It would be great if someone could add in the unarmored leg thing- but I could settle for the Behemoth being able to absorb much more damage from the front in general, regardless of where someone aims (still keeping the LAW idea, though).

Also I am curious: Did you like the idea about his attack or did you have something else in mind?

Precisely :)

Yeah. However, after some consideration, perhaps just adding a ton of front health. As for the coding, perhaps having the back basically act as the head, since the head would have health equal to the torso.

Upvote 0
Code-wise it'd be easy, it's just a matter of calculating whether the front or back was hit based on the normal of the shot and the rotation of the specimen.

Though when you mention it being bigger than the FP, how much bigger? Just that there's a certain size limit for enemies, else they won't be able to fit through some doors and hallways.

Upvote 0
me, as a lev6 demo I think a pipe bomb can ko him since you guys said his weakness is his leg and his back, how about a anti blast foot( but still weak on thr other part of its leg, and make him just like wearing shoes to protect it from pipe bombs and make it not just a riot for zombies, but also a kinda mines/pipe bombs cleaner(although I love pipe bombs...)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How exactly are you supposed to hit the back of something if you're alone?

I wonder, if this Behemoth is slow, if you play alone, you can leave him alone, and take this last, when everyone else Zeds are dead.

You just avoid it in middle in wave, run away from it.

In multiplayer this Behemoth would have example Speed boost, 5% per player?

Upvote 0
Code-wise it'd be easy, it's just a matter of calculating whether the front or back was hit based on the normal of the shot and the rotation of the specimen.

Though when you mention it being bigger than the FP, how much bigger? Just that there's a certain size limit for enemies, else they won't be able to fit through some doors and hallways.

So you are saying you could add a damage modifier to a players attack based upon the rotation of the specimen? That could work.

I thought of another way this could possibly work, but I don't know much about coding. Would it be possible to make the front one specimen and the back another, and if one is killed the other dies?

me, as a lev6 demo I think a pipe bomb can ko him since you guys said his weakness is his leg and his back, how about a anti blast foot( but still weak on thr other part of its leg, and make him just like wearing shoes to protect it from pipe bombs and make it not just a riot for zombies, but also a kinda mines/pipe bombs cleaner(although I love pipe bombs...)

We already have plenty of specimens that are easily killed with pipebombs, so ya I agree he should have resistance to pipebombs like other damage from the front.

Upvote 0
I wonder, if this Behemoth is slow, if you play alone, you can leave him alone, and take this last, when everyone else Zeds are dead.

You just avoid it in middle in wave, run away from it.

In multiplayer this Behemoth would have example Speed boost, 5% per player?

excellent idea!:D

Also, yes, pipes would only effect front health, perhaps a small resistance to them.

And also, the size would not be all too much taller than the FP, just more bulky, blocking, ect.

and yes, another way of removing this, particularly in solo, would be leaving it for last, and, becuase of it's slow turning, blast it in the back.

Upvote 0
I'm imagining this on Biotics Lab...

You hear its footsteps, thud, thud, thud, and no screen shaking for gameplay reasons, and you turn to the double stairs on your right, and the entire hallway is blocked by a dark shape. It's the Behemoth! You open fire with your M14 and empty your mag with bodyshots... but alas; It's unscathed!
You throw your grenades and reload your M14, and backpedal into some clots and gorefasts. You're dead.

Your teammates see the death message, and prepare for hell. Following the Firebug on the team that prepared for this situation in advance, you see him empty his Mac-10 into the head region of the Behemoth, lighting it on fire. You call hacks because your M14 can't do that; your teammates laugh at you and insult your intelligence.

The Firebug switched to his Flamethrower while simultaneously berating your stupidity and clears the hall behind the Behemoth with his flames of death. The Berserker moves in and starts chopping away with the Fireaxe that he packed for this occasion, and the Commando reports it's super effective; with 1/30th of its frontal health going down per alt-fire. He's dancing back and forth to avoid the melee attack, with the Firebug keeping the hallway behind it clear.

It's now moved past the spawn point and the Berserker stops attacking and the Commando takes over, to make it retarget onto him. The Support and Berserker are now assaulting its back and causing it immense damage. The Sharpshooter is dispatching the Scrakes, Husks, Sirens and Fleshpounds with ease while the Medic does the same with Bloats and calls out new targets.

The Firebug is keeping the main specimens dead and the area safe for everyone; the Behemoth is dead, and you call hacks; your M14 couldn't own it, how could they? And now you're enraged that you're not number one, and you vow to get your teammates killed so you can have the most kills.

Yeah i threw in a stereotype for the lols. :D

Reactions: Dead :(
Upvote 0
I was trying to visualize what this guy would look like exactly and I got a weird idea. What if the Behemoth was just a heavily armored specimen with few weaknesses, and it had another specimen trailing behind it acting as a power source? The power source would be defenseless, and be forced to face the back of the Behemoth.

If the Behemoth gets taken down, the power source could remain that shocks players who come to close. If the power source is destroyed the Behemoth has no more power and dies. If implemented this could work well but it may be harder to make because you have to modify the AI a bit. Thoughts?

Upvote 0
I'm imagining this on Biotics Lab...

You hear its footsteps, thud, thud, thud, and no screen shaking for gameplay reasons, and you turn to the double stairs on your right, and the entire hallway is blocked by a dark shape. It's the Behemoth! You open fire with your M14 and empty your mag with bodyshots... but alas; It's unscathed!
You throw your grenades and reload your M14, and backpedal into some clots and gorefasts. You're dead.

Your teammates see the death message, and prepare for hell. Following the Firebug on the team that prepared for this situation in advance, you see him empty his Mac-10 into the head region of the Behemoth, lighting it on fire. You call hacks because your M14 can't do that; your teammates laugh at you and insult your intelligence.

The Firebug switched to his Flamethrower while simultaneously berating your stupidity and clears the hall behind the Behemoth with his flames of death. The Berserker moves in and starts chopping away with the Fireaxe that he packed for this occasion, and the Commando reports it's super effective; with 1/30th of its frontal health going down per alt-fire. He's dancing back and forth to avoid the melee attack, with the Firebug keeping the hallway behind it clear.

It's now moved past the spawn point and the Berserker stops attacking and the Commando takes over, to make it retarget onto him. The Support and Berserker are now assaulting its back and causing it immense damage. The Sharpshooter is dispatching the Scrakes, Husks, Sirens and Fleshpounds with ease while the Medic does the same with Bloats and calls out new targets.

The Firebug is keeping the main specimens dead and the area safe for everyone; the Behemoth is dead, and you call hacks; your M14 couldn't own it, how could they? And now you're enraged that you're not number one, and you vow to get your teammates killed so you can have the most kills.

Yeah i threw in a stereotype for the lols. :D

Utterly Epic! Nice shot, Cyrril!

Upvote 0
So I think we fleshed out what the strengths and weaknesses of the Behemoth will be. We know what it will be like to play a game with this guy in it (thanks to the great description by CandleJack). I guess the next thing we need to do is come up with some reasonable stats for this guy, along with some sketches or a rendering.

So from the front his health is going to be between a FPs and the Patriarchs being closer to the Patriarch I think. And from the back his health is going to be somewhere around a bloats?

Upvote 0
So I think we fleshed out what the strengths and weaknesses of the Behemoth will be. We know what it will be like to play a game with this guy in it (thanks to the great description by CandleJack). I guess the next thing we need to do is come up with some reasonable stats for this guy, along with some sketches or a rendering.

So from the front his health is going to be between a FPs and the Patriarchs being closer to the Patriarch I think. And from the back his health is going to be somewhere around a bloats?

Sounds about right. I could also get Thobewill to start making some pics, which would be nice.

Upvote 0
How exactly are you supposed to hit the back of something if you're alone?
You do notice that the enemies tend to always be facing towards you, don't you.

And how on earth are you supposed to "outflank" something that is supposed to be larger than a FP in a narrow corridor?
You do notice that not every map offers enough room for such a maneuver, do you.
In fact most consist of nothing but narrow corridors and dead ends.

How are you supposed to get behind something with your back to a wall that comes toward you through a narrow corridor with no chance for you to slip past it without getting punched in the face?
Oh there's also other enemies behind it. Yeah...

Also resident evil 4 much?

You would die, because you are pussy

Upvote 0