• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Before I lay down my DOSH...(pre-order).

fiftyone

Grizzled Veteran
May 6, 2006
Hi peeps, long time, no see.

I've been Rifting for a while now, so when I heard that Tripwire were delving into VR (ages ago) I was more than interested (long time TW fanboyz, been around since wheneveritwas):

I would like to know how will cross platform be managed once the game comes out of Oculus exclusivity and released through Steam.
Cross Platform in the sense between Oculus Store and Steam Store purchases and more importantly server browser matchmaking.

I'm referring to the co-op aspect of the game.
I assume I will be able play with friends and randoms through the Oculus server system but,,,will the game use the same server functions for both Oculus and Steam once the game goes viral on Steam ?

This is not a No Steam No Buy question but future proofing for some friends that I am sure will wait for the Steam release.
Off the top of my head I've gifted 4 copies of RO (game 1) 3 copies of RO2 and the same for both KF's not to mention RS.

I've scanned the interwebz for comments related but have found nothing, I've got you guys on Tweeterz/reeditz and more besides so if you are able to answer this simple but relatively important question, I for one would be grateful.

GG,NP !

Last edited:
Kittenmittens;n2303089 said:
If Oculus adds support for a feature to transfer games to other platforms we'd support that, currently the Oculus system is separate from Steam currently.

There won't likely be crossplay right away when we release on Vive, but it's something we'd really like to add moving forward.

Thanks for the reply, tbh I knew that would be the situation but I wanted TW to state as such.
There are Developers that have given Steam keys to those that have purchased games on the Oculus platform, after providing proof of purchase : Ultrawings comes to mind.
This is not a request as such but it may be an option open to TW at a future date, once KFI is released on Steam (I'm pretty sure of that also).

Congo Rats on the release and yes, I did pre-order :IS2::IS2:Icursion,,,,, IS2 smily thing

Please inform the guy with his name on a bottle of beer that I want my tank back ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just so you know, the game is quite expensive for what it offers. $40 gets you 4 stages and absolutely nothing else. No difficulties, no extra modes, nothing. The stages are very short, to boot. A few short hours and you've exhausted the game (providing you survive the game breaking bugs).

Compare this to KF2, which is $30 and gives you hundreds of hours worth of gameplay, content and replayability.

Upvote 0