• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Beach Assault II and bugged 88s

Tontoman

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2007
Anyone know what's with the Beach Assult II map and the 88s? You can blow them before central bunker is capped and they do blow, but don't show up on the map. Once that happens you can never get the map to register the destruction.

I had thought it only happened rarely when maybe the central bunk switched back into enemy hands after the sachel was already planted... or something of that bad timing nature. But now I've seen it plan blown before central was even touched which meant 15 min of a map you couldn't win.

Any work around?

T.

Anyone know what's with the Beach Assult II map and the 88s? You can blow them before central bunker is capped and they do blow, but don't show up on the map. Once that happens you can never get the map to register the destruction.

I had thought it only happened rarely when maybe the central bunk switched back into enemy hands after the sachel was already planted... or something of that bad timing nature. But now I've seen it plan blown before central was even touched which meant 15 min of a map you couldn't win.

Any work around?

T.

I'm not sure, But you might be playing on an older version....

Upvote 0
Well if this hasnt been fixed yet i can offer a solution. I encountered the same problem on korosten, i fixed it by creating invisible movers which covered the guns when the objectives required to capture them werent captured yet. It was controlled through a scripted trigger.

Ideally though it would be great if TW added a triggered property within the destructible objectives which prevents them from being destroyed if their relevant destructible objective marker hasnt been activated yet.

Upvote 0

Any work around?

T.

I know this is about 9 months late but I have been searching the forum for a link to DL beach assault X and came across this thread.

Any way, this issue with blowing the guns before capping the central bunker in my opinion isnt that big a deal. When you pull up your map it tells you to cap the bunker first, once that is done your objectives change to blow up the guns.

I guess Im putting this up here because its frustrating when someone blows the guns early and you loose the game. Then I go off on a rant about using your map and reading the objectives instead of aimlessly running around blah blah blah.

I assume this issue could be fixed but oh well. If anyone happens to read this post and knows where I can find the latest Beachassault map to download, PM me please. Its a great map regardless of the small issues.

Upvote 0