• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

What are your favorites? I like Laguna Presa Rush and Valparaiso Rush.
Well.............

Valparaiso is definitely awesome and one of my favourites as well.
Atacama Desert CQ is really nice I think because it's the only big and open map for conquest. Generally all conquest maps have the problem though that it's just three points and those are already placed rather obvious(as in TEAM A will have point A for 95% of the time and team B point C), that was different in previous BF games.

One map I really dislike not to say hate is Isla Innocentes. Only thing that map is good for is sniping and shooting down choppers. It's a nice change because of the setting(small island first) but I just hate it.

But the map I hate most is Nelson Bay. I can't give any specific reason but I just really hate it and try to avoid is as often as possible.
Port Valdez and the desert rush map whos name i just forgot are pretty nice. Laguna Presa rush is nice as well, but the fascination I had when I first played it was gone rather fast.

Right now the problem is imo simply that I've seen all maps and know them 100% and it is just boring. Last time I played was 1-2 weeks ago, simply becauseof the lack of variety. And I seriously don't understand the way they set their priorities. Everybody wants new maps and instead they add a new game mode.

Upvote 0
xzibitbc2.jpg

Upvote 0
I found an annoying flaw :(
I was trying to get a badge for getting all bronze stars, and so far i have managed to get one for each weapon except for the tracer pistol and the Garand.
One doesnt kill, only tracks targets obviously, i planted at least 31 of them by now while you should need 25 kills for a bronze star. Maybe i need more?
And in the case of the Garand, it's stats arent being tracked... I made at least over 50 kills with it but they dont get recorded at all.
So now i've done all this work for nothing :\

Upvote 0
Whats this meme stuff with xzibit all over the internet? What's the source lol?

It's a show that was on I think MTV a few years ago, called "Pimp my Ride." He was the host. Basically someone turns their car over to him, and they have minimal input into what will happen to it. He, based on what he perceives about the person, and what other people say about them, will make modifications and customizations.

It was not uncommon to hear stuff out of him that fell along the pattern in the meme. 'Yo, dawg, I heard you like to DJ, so we put a turntable in your truck so you can scratch when you travel.' 'Yo, dawg, I heard you like to game, so we put an Xbox in your car so you can game while you drive.'

That sort of thing.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I haven't been able to play for a couple weeks. The game just keeps telling me,
(unable to log in, please try again later)

I asked for help on the BBC2 forums but I got only one response from almost 100 views.
Maybe somebody here could point me in the right direction.
I hadn't fiddled around with anything either. The game was working just fine and then one day it wasn't.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I haven't been able to play for a couple weeks. The game just keeps telling me,
(unable to log in, please try again later)

I asked for help on the BBC2 forums but I got only one response from almost 100 views.
Maybe somebody here could point me in the right direction.
I hadn't fiddled around with anything either. The game was working just fine and then one day it wasn't.
If you run Win7, try rightclick on the shortcut and Run as Administrator.

Upvote 0
ah shoot, thanks for the response!

running xp
duo core 2.33
9800GTX
3 gigs mem

I just found something interesting through the Steam support page. I was checking drivers through the diagnostics and even though I know I installed the latest from nVidia, 197.45, my system says I have 6.14.0011.8634 installed from 7/8/2009. I'm now confused.

Upvote 0
ah shoot, thanks for the response!

running xp
duo core 2.33
9800GTX
3 gigs mem

I just found something interesting through the Steam support page. I was checking drivers through the diagnostics and even though I know I installed the latest from nVidia, 197.45, my system says I have 6.14.0011.8634 installed from 7/8/2009. I'm now confused.

did you do a proper uninstall of the old drivers using something like driver cleaner / sweeper and a restart before installing the new ones?

Upvote 0