• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

Upvote 0
Reactions: Apos
Upvote 0
Gonna be getting a 550ti for this. I've kind of emotionally detached from BF3 because my system wasn't running it worth a damn, but now I think I can actually started getting excited about the game.

Of course that means I'm going to have to suck it up and buy Back to Karkand now ><

If you can get an HD6950 2GB or similar from Nvidia. A 550ti will still struggle in this game. Even the 560ti 2GB and HD6950 2GB slow down during large explosions at 1920 with maxed out settings.

Upvote 0
Not worried about it. I run 1280x1024 and this will be plenty for my needs. BF3's high-end requirements are borderline stupid, IMO. If a screaming video card with stupid amounts of GDDR5 doesn't cut it, there's no point in throwing money down a black hole of performance gains.

While it is a demanding game, it is far less demanding than games like ArmA 2 or Rise of Flight. An HD6970 2GB or 560ti 448 with a 2500K should be enough to ensure the frame rates never drop below 30. I ran it decently with a GTX 260 at medium settings, so if you are ok with that then you'll be fine.

Upvote 0
So you can find ppl playing the vanilla game?
I would check it out for myself if there werent 3,9gb patch and my son who decided to turn off the computer when the install was at 99%:eek:

Did you buy the Limited Edition? Because I think that was the 4gb patch. And you can see which map is from Back to Karkand (DLC) in the server browser (Battlelog). Even if you don't have the DLC there are enough servers to play on.

Upvote 0
Did you buy the Limited Edition? Because I think that was the 4gb patch. And you can see which map is from Back to Karkand (DLC) in the server browser (Battlelog). Even if you don't have the DLC there are enough servers to play on.

ah thanks, yeah I bought the original DVD without back to karkand. What are u guys liking the game? I bought it so I can have some quick fun with it:D

Upvote 0