• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Base Defend?

Experiment, and try out different combinations of towers. I suspect that it's best to have a fairly tightly wrapped maze, to take advantage of each tower's range. I've had a fair bit of luck trying to wrap the maze around the base itself.

For the stealthed enemies, you pretty much need at least one of the spike towers, but you can also place walls which will reveal them when they attack, allowing your towers to fire on them. I've never had much luck with the fire towers, and I don't build the arrow towers except for 1 at the very start. Though, that might just be a product, or maybe even necessity, of my maze.

Later on, I've found that I absolutely need lightning towers, and I've found that I can do without missile towers at all. Using the maze I use, I've been able to reproduce about the same score (between 4.4 and 4.9 million) with a fairly wide variety of towers chosen.

To me, the maze seems to be the most important bit.

Hope this helps! I'm certainly not the best, and I may have just gotten lucky, as I am having a heck of a time trying to find another maze design that scores well.

Upvote 0
Okay, I played again knowing what to do, and got all the way to the Titan. When designing the labyrinth, focus on the initial stretch; that is by far the most important. Don't waste your gold, and try your best to make the whole path go in curves or squares; it will make it longer for the enemies and allow more exposure.

Also, it is extremely important to have at least one tile-spike trap, preferable two, for the stealth units; they may only come wave 12, but its important to take the little buggers out. I personally think I went overboard with my number, and I probably should have conserved for a lightning turret (extremely useful come wave 15)

Thats all I have gotten from my couple of playthroughs

EDIT:
I have beaten all the levels the demo has, and discovered that the key to spike placement is to see it less as a damage dealer and more as a detector to be used at major checkpoints.

Also, this is key: don't let fear override reason and waste valuable gold fast. Saving up and buying a lightning turret is the only way to survive wave 15, and in the waves to come you will see plenty more Titans that will require more expensive turrets. Its often about balance between saving for tank busters and expensive du-dads, or building lots of arrow towers or photon turrets or flamethrowers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0