• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Balancing Issues on Several Maps

Bromley

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 12, 2017
Hill 937:

Problem: When the last objective is in play (E) the North almost always are not able to hold this objective. It should be difficult as it is the final objective, but it is the easiest on the map.

The helicopters are able to completely cut the spawn off of the north and spawn camp. The north are completely exposed on their run to get from static spawn to the objective, with squad tunnels being easy targets for the helis. My suggestion would be to have a tunnel that connects E to the static spawn of north. This way, they are able to get to the objective. This is the same solution applied on Borderwatch's final point and it was a very healthy change

Video proof: https://youtu.be/3eYj-ofIk-E?t=510

Long Tan:

Problem: Aussies are handicapped with regards to fire support options. Now, thematically I think this is a cool idea and makes the map unique from all the rest. However, I think the Aussie arty could use much shorter cooldowns. Additionally, the North artillery should have a longer cooldown, as it is absoloutly devastating on this map given the lack of hard cover and it's superiority over the Southern arty.

1.3 reduced the ticket advantage North has at round start from 100 down to 50. I am still seeing North win nearly every round of this map. To make matters harder, North have AA and did not before. The current commander layout is:

North: Ambush, Arty, Recon, AA

Aussie: Force Deploy, Arty, Recon

Given North arty is significantly stronger than South arty, I think reducing the cooldown on south arty significantly would be ideal. I think cutting the cooldown in half would be good for South arty, and maybe add 1 minute cooldown to Northern arty. Because currently I see North ending games with more than 50 tickets over South. It is very rare for maps where attackers gain tickets over defenders as the game progresses. It is somewhat more balanced than pre-1.3 but it still has a ways to go I believe

Last edited: