• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Badass Santa's and DAR's Quotes are Still Broken

BeepBibbidy

Apr 14, 2019
So right away, i'm aware this post may be "petty" and is most definitely not on Tripwires to-do list, but i figured, its still a bug and it isn't hard to fix, so i've posted this here anyway.

i've done a couple of these before mainly for DAR's quotes, and TW was kind enough to listen and fix them so thank you for that, but, i now have a couple more character quote bugs for DAR and now the character Badass Santa that i thought i'd share.

So i will start with Santa, i've noticed this bug with his quotes where he doesn't "respond to a character who's been vomited on" if you don't know what i mean by this, each character has quotes for when they get vomited on, or "cant see" and they begin to panic, every other character around them has quotes trying to comfort them and will respond to the puked teammate doing so, but Santa doesn't, yet he has quotes for them.
So basically the issue is, his quotes are "mashed together" so when Santa gets vomited on he plays his "getting vomited on" quotes below as well as his "Comforting puked teammate" quotes as well,

an example being:
*Santa gets vomited on* and says "Calm down" to himself...when in reality he should say that to his teammate who's been vomited on.

Santa Quotes

Getting Vomited on:
"I cant see."
"I cant see anything, dammit"
"Rudolph guide my sleigh tonight"

Comforting puked teammate:
"Calm Down"
"All is calm, all is bright"

Basically the issue is, when a teammate gets vomited on and panics, santa simply doesn't respond or play any quotes, when he should be playing his "Comforting puked teammate quotes" however, when santa gets puked on he plays all of those quotes when he should just play his "getting vomited on quotes" hope that makes sense. But you can test this out in a match, play as Badass Santa, spawn a bloat and keep getting puked on and listen to his quotes, and then get a teammate to get puked on, and listen to Santa say nothing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAR

Now for DAR, again. the issue i have now found with DAR's quotes is what follows, when DAR spots his "final teammate" die, meaning hes now last alive, his quotes are missing and he plays the incorrect ones instead.
If you don't know what i mean by that, Basically when you spot one of your teammates die, your character will play a quote about it, when you watch your "final teammate" die, your character will play their "im last alive" quotes seen below.

as you can see below i have separated DAR's quotes, and the same issue with his quotes are that they're "mashed together" when DAR spots a teammate die he will play any of his "losing a teammate" quotes, but when DAR see's his final teammate die, he also plays those same quotes, when he shouldn't.

So again, basically the issue is, His "Im last alive" quotes simply don't play (the ones seen below) when his final teammate dies, and is instead replaced by him playing his "losing a teammate" quotes over and over instead.
you can test this easily, start a game with three players in the lobby, one of the three is DAR, while playing DAR, have one of your teammates kill themselves and then listen to DAR's quotes reacting to the death, them have the final teammate suicide and listen to DAR not play one of the three quotes, under "Im last alive" seen below.

DAR quotes

Im last alive:
"Only me now so its party time" - DAR as Skully
"Im even deadlier alone" - DAR as Mr Foster
"You wanna step out with me?" - DAR as Rae

Losing a teammate:
"Our numbers deplete" - DAR as Tom Banner
"Sh*t, we lost one" - DAR as Donovan
"We're down a man" - DAR as Ana Larive
"We lost someone" - DAR as Ana Larive
"An ally falls" - DAR as Tom Banner
"Teammate down" - DAR as Classic Masterson
"We lost one" - DAR as Classic Masterson

So thats all, i hope it makes sense, i tend to like to over complicate things, so sorry if this post is a confusing mess lol, so Tripwire, you dont have to fix these, its not going to be the end of the world if you dont, but it would be nice if you could, and i would imagine they wouldn't be very hard to fix. Cheers (y)