• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bad performance since new update

can you try out my suggestion first, overclocking a cpu is best done in the bios, but remember that any form of overclocking is at your own risk and overclocking is never advised for laptops those things already overheat at default clocks (and overheating can give performance issues as well).

- Please try out perfect disc and do an offline defragmentation, this gave me up to 30fps boosts in the past.

- And right click and save as with this http://www.kegetys.net/dl.php/D3Dbandwidth.zip and run it and post a screenshot of your results.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
can you try out my suggestion first, overclocking a cpu is best done in the bios, but remember that any form of overclocking is at your own risk.
Can you please try out perfectdisc.

Downloading it right now. sorry using slothernet. Also damn Hewlett Packard locks up the BIOS so I guess my cpu stays at 1.9GHZ

Last edited:
Upvote 0
can you try out my suggestion first, overclocking a cpu is best done in the bios, but remember that any form of overclocking is at your own risk and overclocking is never advised for laptops those things already overheat at default clocks (and overheating can give performance issues as well).

- Please try out perfect disc and do an offline defragmentation, this gave me up to 30fps boosts in the past.

- And right click and save as with this [url]http://www.kegetys.net/dl.php/D3Dbandwidth.zip[/URL] and run it and post a screenshot of your results.

Um perfect disk wont even install on windows 7 :(

Upvote 0
Hi after the Oct.29, 2009 update my game lags more and the textures have weird colors.

I have Windows XP SP3, Radeon 2900 Pro with latest catalyst.

Make sure both your windows & your killingfloor arent running on a 16bit palette but a 32 bit palette.

against the lags you could try a perfectdisc defrag as well while were talking about that anyway. Especially the offline variant. Make sure that "reduce mouse lag" is turned off.

@ Zero insanity is KF back performing about the same as before the level up update?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It still isn't playable...

It still isn't playable...

After this "fix" update everything is still the same for me. Lagging even at menus, consuming 600 mb ram idle on menus, in game 1000+. Just unplayable...

65178928.jpg

Windows 7 up to date
Q6600
4GB ram
nvidia 9600gt with latest drivers

Upvote 0
Make sure both your windows & your killingfloor arent running on a 16bit palette but a 32 bit palette.

against the lags you could try a perfectdisc defrag as well while were talking about that anyway. Especially the offline variant. Make sure that "reduce mouse lag" is turned off.

@ Zero insanity is KF back performing about the same as before the level up update?

Not even close. Still get low frames. I think I'll just give up on KF for a while. I don't have problems in source based games and that really sucks because counter strike fails.

Upvote 0
renato if its lagging even at the menus then something is seriously bad, make sure that stuff like "reduce mouse lag" are turned off.

What form of lag do you get at the menu can you describe it?

Reduce mouse lag is off. Menu lagging starts together with zed spawning on the map, it is similar to low fps. The mouse loses its smoothness and is hard to point menu buttons.

Upvote 0
experience almost unplayable conditions on Farm. when i walk through or close to a house is when it happens, out in the fields it's fine. i used to run KF @ 1680x1050 all settings maxed with great frame rates as i could do in ut2k4, but not i have everything turned off and all settings on normal ( and lag.. )

Intel E7200 2.53
2GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer
BFG 8800GT
32bXP Home SP3

Upvote 0
experience almost unplayable conditions on Farm. when i walk through or close to a house is when it happens, out in the fields it's fine. i used to run KF @ 1680x1050 all settings maxed with great frame rates as i could do in ut2k4, but not i have everything turned off and all settings on normal ( and lag.. )

Intel E7200 2.53
2GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer
BFG 8800GT
32bXP Home SP3

Ok I have officially given up on KF its obviously screwed beyond belief. When I can get a guarenteed fix then I'll play again. The games online lag is unbelieveable,the new update totally raeped the preformance ect.

Upvote 0
To be honest. This game has given me nothing but problems since day one. If it's not the irritating and frustrating disconnect bug which means I will have to reconnect to a server around six times before it lets me play and not getting disconnected, it is now this new performance bug. I play for about five minutes when my fps suddenly drops like hell and makes the game unbearable to play. I mean, yesterday the task manager said it was using above two gigabytes of RAM. That is just shocking to me! Could you please try to fix some of these problems?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To be honest. This game has given me nothing but problems since day one. If it's not the irritating and frustrating disconnect bug which means I will have to reconnect to a server around six times before it lets me play and not getting disconnected, it is now this new performance bug. I play for about five minutes when my fps suddenly drops like hell and makes the game unbearable to play. I mean, yesterday the task manager said it was using above two gigabytes of RAM. That is just shocking to me! Could you please try to fix some of these problems?

Toroto, can you please PM me your Steam name so that we can try to figure out these performance issues?

Upvote 0