• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Awful voice acting. The only fault.

Honelith

Oct 22, 2009
So, my brother has this game, and I sometimes give the game a shot, he claims it's a great game, and I somewhat agree. The variation of weapons and maps is good, some interesting game features, ambience and music is great and good sound effects too. But everytime a creature or player character speaks, it's like scraping your finger nails down a chalkboard. For instance the patriarch, I'm guessing he's supposed to be fearsome? Only problem is, when he spawns and does his grand entrance and screams "I'll show you no mercy RAWR!", it just sounds pitiful.

When you've grown used to the excellent voicing in TF2 and L4D, you never tire of hearing them over and over because they sound so good. In Killing Floor, I'm already wishing I can mute the creature and character voices.

Seems Tripwire are doing a respectable job releasing new updates, content and DLC for the game, but I think they should rework all of the voice acting in the game, it's just the worst thing I've ever heard, and is stopping me from purchasing the game, because it simply ruins immersion for me.

You can reduce the amount of the voices play or completely stop them, in the settings menu. And i wouldnt be surprised if they get some different voices in the long run as more people dont like it, and generally twi listens to concerns.

But generally you need to take things with a grain of salt, its so cheesy that it seriously becomes good. There are great oneliners in there as well. The patriarch nearly becomes cute <3

Attachments

• KillingFloor 2009-10-23 02-44-28-97.jpg
    KillingFloor 2009-10-23 02-44-28-97.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, my brother has this game, and I sometimes give the game a shot, he claims it's a great game, and I somewhat agree. The variation of weapons and maps is good, some interesting game features, ambience and music is great and good sound effects too. But everytime a creature or player character speaks, it's like scraping your finger nails down a chalkboard. For instance the patriarch, I'm guessing he's supposed to be fearsome? Only problem is, when he spawns and does his grand entrance and screams "I'll show you no mercy RAWR!", it just sounds pitiful.

When you've grown used to the excellent voicing in TF2 and L4D, you never tire of hearing them over and over because they sound so good. In Killing Floor, I'm already wishing I can mute the creature and character voices.

Seems Tripwire are doing a respectable job releasing new updates, content and DLC for the game, but I think they should rework all of the voice acting in the game, it's just the worst thing I've ever heard, and is stopping me from purchasing the game, because it simply ruins immersion for me.

I agree it could sound better but it doesn't make me cringe or anything. And the british accents are agreeably corny and hard to take seriously but slowly you start to think that KF wouldn't be KF without them.

Upvote 0
As much as i like the voice acting in KF, i think its actually too plain. I think we need variations for each character, and if thats too much work the voices need to be more serious as i think that the seriousness of the game and situation of the players is more serious than the voice acting if you know what i mean. Im not saying it needs to lose the humorous voice acting, but i think some serious voices need to be thrown in to make tense moments seem more ... well tense.

Upvote 0
I love the voice acting in this game. Screw the need for "tension,"- if the sight of two Husks in the distance offset by the fleshpound in your face doesn't tense you up, no amount of voice acting will help.

I've actually started referring to money as "dosh" in real life. My parents and friends were confused at first, but I think it's starting to catch on. xD

Upvote 0