• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Avatars and sigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Again, while I am not into "censorship", we have been recieving growing numbers of comments/complaints regarding avatars and sigs. So here are some updated "guidelines":

Avatars and Sigs of sexual nature, of inappropriate images, or with the use of profanity are not allowed. You should all be well aware of this.

There are also a whole list of units and individual's names that cause offense and will not be used in avatars or sigs. These are listed in this thread: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2161

For many reasons, ranging from causing offense, through to legal aspects in certain jurisdictions, the following will also not be permitted in avatars or sigs:

SS Runes
Swastika
Pictures of Hitler or other Nazi leaders
Pictures of Stalin or Beria

At this time, SS-related clan tags are permitted, so long as the clan complies with the requirements (especially educational and apolitical) in the post referenced above. Where units are named after odious (banned) individuals (Rgt. Theodor Eicke, LSS Adolf Hitler etc), then they may only be referenced appropriately, by clan members whos clan has complied with the requirements above. The Soviet Red Banner (hammer and sickle) is also permitted, before anyone asks, just as the German national flag is - but not the Swastika!

For non-clan individuals - do NOT use SS-related material in your sig or avatar. Period.

Ultimately, if the moderators are concerned, they will PM you. Help them out. If it ends up getting referred to me by the mods, I'll just end up banning people. The moderators are NOT "forum nazis" - they are trying to ensure that everyone behaves appropriately on the forums, with understanding both of the nature of the non-combat vileness of the war and for people's feelings.

And if people have any problem understanding why - go do some reading. Read up on the dark side of the SS and related Nazi organisations. Read up on the Stalinist purges and the Terror. Read up on Wannsee and on Lavrentii Beria.

Reactions: RO.Player
*thumbs up* yey, this is a good idea. Way to often we have "political" discussions in the game-chat, cuz ppl are using NS-Nicknames and spraying out their stupid nazi-slogans. RO got also interesting for neo-nazis, and I dont want this to grow on - but I bet when RO:O is out via steam, there will be more of them trying to join us. Let the ****ers play the game, but don't let them be part of our community !

Upvote 0
WOW what a shame people are offended by this. I am not i dont care what your clan names are!, Hell i went with =213= cause it was the apartment address of Jeffery Dahmer:D now how sick is that? Is someone offended by this? Its not a historical SS or stalin blah blah... But i do have feeling for others feeling and if u have every been to some of the SS web pages they dont promote the reich in any way its just a game. Let me say it again ITS JUST A GAME!!!! So now i'll be a pecker and say the crosses on the Banner on the tanks offend me:eek: yes they do! I dont see the historical point of having them on the banner and not the russian cicle and star. This is an outrage and i DEMAND JUSTICE for the Russians. DO any of u go to gun show? Jesus they have all types of german ww2 stuff at em.. Oh no did i say Jesus is anyone offend ? I am it offends me cause he is not real and should not be mentioned in forums! If Jesus is allowed in the forum then i think Merry POPPINS and Alice in WOnder Land should be also cause they are all fake, Fake Fake Fake. I cant wait to see the response:D

Upvote 0
True. But the Swastika has a much longer and larger history of peace and national representation.

I see your point %100 however I dont agree with it simply because its what people think is worse. When any person with a pretty good knowledge of history would know that the USSR was a far longer and destructive empire then the Nazis.

Upvote 0
True. But the Swastika has a much longer and larger history of peace and national representation.

I see your point %100 however I dont agree with it simply because its what people think is worse. When any person with a pretty good knowledge of history would know that the USSR was a far longer and destructive empire then the Nazis.

That it was, the USSR under josef stalin murdered more of its own people than hitler killed jews and others in concentration camps. Make no mistake, USSR is just as bad if not WORSE than Nazi Germany.

Upvote 0
(...) Make no mistake, USSR is just as bad if not WORSE than Nazi Germany.

but them who compare, give the history a new meaning as well.

There is no way, a crime, war or error in history can be compared without relativising it in the same time. There is no way, the one is better or worst then the other. This makes not a german murder better or a soviet(russian) victim more worth.

We do not learn history to compare, we learn it, to not make the same mistakes again. At least thast what we get told in germany, while studing history.

And if people have any problem understanding why - go do some reading. Read up on the dark side of the SS and related Nazi organisations. Read up on the Stalinist purges and the Terror. Read up on Wannsee and on Lavrentii Beria.

thats why i do not understand why symbols from such kind, if communistic or fasistic, are alowed clan-whise ... it makes it not better only cause they use it. There meaning and expression stays the same. If not even more worst then by the use of one single individual.

it is already hard for games like dod, to have a good reputation in germany, that the players there are not some naziphiles or wannabe fasists, though makes no difference for many, and when i watch the pages from some clans, how coud i blame them for there sterotype like view ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know that this is about avatars and sigs but there is a picture of Stalin in the Central Farmhouse on Hedgehog. A picture of Stalin is a picture of Stalin. Surely it's the case that such a picture is either offensive or it isn't. Since it was placed there by the devs we have to assume it's not offensive but if I took a screenie of that picture and then used it in my sig would it suddenly become offensive?

TBH I don't personally care too much as I have no intention or desire to have any sig other than the one I currently use, but in the interests of fairness I thought it was a point worth mentioning.

Upvote 0

There is no way, the one is better or worst then the other. This makes not a german murder better or a soviet(russian) victim more worth.

Right...!

somebody can read book from writter named Julius Baranovski...'Cant imagine what stupid and seek brain can do when they prepare execution in Sibir...Can't imagine...beleave me...Reed that book than told me if I said something wrong.
but there is not place for speaking about that...here is place for game...and killing over the aim.. ;-)

BYE...

Vuk..cuvaj se !
:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.