• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Arm all live nades

Crusher

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Belgium
The amount of times you get cornered and raped by uncle FP and his gang are probably numerous. When it happens to me and I know I'm about to die, I sometimes decide in a clear thought (mostly between "but I poop from there!" and "am I good boy?") to blow myself up. Unfortunately most of the time I can only drop 2-3 nades untill they explode and kill me and some specimen, leaving uncle FP alive. How about a button that lets you arm all nades, creating a large explosion that kills everyone in the neighbourhood. You still wear your nades so it would kill you even if you survived the rape somehow and to avoid people using it when not being raped.

How about the ability to buy a 5 slot suicide vest that auto explodes you when you die? That way, Beserkers can prepare for the worst to happen and other players can laugh at it happening :D

Make them spawn with it so that perk-farmed Level 5 Failzerkers can actually contribute something to a Hard/Suicidal game when they die on Wave 2...

Upvote 0
Well I'm always a level 5 support and sometimes I'm like "this is too easy" (I play on hard) and decide to go solo for a bit and then end up getting raped. A suicide vest could be a good idea, but then I wouldn't be able to buy all my stuff (HS, bullpup and katana, if the vest was 3 slots, it would still work)

Upvote 0
A suicide vest could be a good idea, but then I wouldn't be able to buy all my stuff
That's the price to pay for such an epic tool :D The game needs a few more larger odd numbered weapons on the whole anyway. Right now they're ALL melee, so you have to buy two if you want to fully fill your spaces and two melee weapons is all but useless except for beserkers, though chainsaw is 8 slots. It bugs me a tad :(

Upvote 0
No, we dont need more suicidal bomber.
Says who? :( As a Beserker I've on more than one occasion sacrificed myself to impossible situations so that they're weakened enough for the rest of the team to handle. I call it an extreme method of teamwork, since the team could have been utterly wiped, were it not for such a bold sacrifice :cool: Suicide Vest would just open this tactic up a bit more I thought. Just an idea anyway, will no doubt be buried with plenty others.

How about the Firebug gets a naplam vest when he buys it, like how the grenades turn into fire nades.
Totally, but a level 5 Firebug can already grenade themselves and take 0 damage from it :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The suicide vest is actually a fairly elegant idea. It doesn't require any button pushing, nor any real re-working of the game. I'm all for it. Make it 2 - 4 weight blocks so choosing to buy it has an actual impact on game play.

The thing is that, frankly, if you're dying enough to get any decent use out of it, you're doing something seriously wrong. Plus, getting it would take up space that you could use for valuable, survival-prolonging weaponry! Not to mention that if you're constantly dying, you're probably going to have money issues that might make it hard to even buy it in the first place...

Upvote 0
I really like this idea but the thought of no button pushing for it to activate seems kinda cheap. Adding a binding that would cause your character to pull a string that pulls all pins simultaneously though would be better, since in reality your vest won't know when you die. But if you know you are cornered and screwed, then pushing your "suicide" button wouldn't be that hard to do.

Upvote 0
yea, a suicide button, I wouldn't suggest having to select it in the weapon menu, since it would be too late once you're ready to explode. But the problem is, me and probably others too press sometimes the wrong button (instead of W I press Q or E), the suicide button can't be too far from all the rest, and not too close too. Ofcourse it's for the player itself to pick a key, but still, exploding automatically would be handy.

Upvote 0
yea, a suicide button, I wouldn't suggest having to select it in the weapon menu, since it would be too late once you're ready to explode. But the problem is, me and probably others too press sometimes the wrong button (instead of W I press Q or E), the suicide button can't be too far from all the rest, and not too close too. Ofcourse it's for the player itself to pick a key, but still, exploding automatically would be handy.

Or a key combination. Like alt+f4 since it actually doesn't do anything in the game right now. Should have hilarious surprise results for people who've never tried it before. :D

Upvote 0
The thing is that, frankly, if you're dying enough to get any decent use out of it, you're doing something seriously wrong.
It's not really intended to be an offensive item, more like if you have plenty cash to spare and a few slots free, buy it for the banter. :p
I really like this idea but the thought of no button pushing for it to activate seems kinda cheap.
Well, it's like Martyrdom Perk in CoD4......except less annoying and not free. I don't see why it couldn't work.

Upvote 0