• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Anyone here play Magic?

dextronaut

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Who else on these forums plays MTG? Care to share your deck? Any cards you want to mention?

this card makes every game become one big stalemate while you either work on getting a Consume Spirit, Corrupt, or Tendrils of Corruption
CreateProductThumbnail.ashx

have no creatures but the opponent does? this ones good for taking out 2 of the opponents. but if they have one early in the game and you have zero out, Innocent Blood is the way to go, or a Terror if you have the mana for it.
CreateProductThumbnail.ashx

Great game

Used to play it a lot around 4th edition/Ice age

did a lot of tourny's then, even a grand prix

sold the lot some 10 years ago

but today I play an occasional booster draft in a local shop.
just gives me the fun of playing magic, but without the need to invest a big capital to be competative

I do have a "sleigh" deck which I kept (it won me a couple of tournaments in the past) I play it occasionally in a friendly game, it has a change of a turn 4 win, which was pretty good in standard format back then

royal assasin has been around for a long time but it's overrated imo
quit easy to kill, every deck should at least have cards to do some direct damage and with a stenght of one it's an easy target

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do have a "sleigh" deck which I kept (it won me a couple of tournaments in the past) I play it occasionally in a friendly game, it has a change of a turn 4 win, which was pretty good in standard format back then

royal assasin has been around for a long time but it's overrated imo
quit easy to kill, every deck should at least have cards to do some direct damage and with a stenght of one it's an easy target

keeping the royal assassin alive can be hard, but with disentomb (only 1 mana cost!!!!), or even animate dead (not as great as disentomb), you can bring it back somewhat easily. i think at least every black deck should have one or all of the following: dark ritual, disentomb, or terror.

I played the online "demo" that lets you play with like 6 preset packs. Very addicting, but I'm not willing to dish out $$$ for tons of rare powerful cards.

thats a really good way to get into magic, makes things alot easier to understand and its really awesome how it keeps track of token creatures.

Upvote 0
a fair few of my mates played magic and were into it way back when - i was spending what little i had cash on computer games and clubbing so I didn't get into it - despite my pals frequently trying to pursade me that I'd love it and it would be great if i joined in.

So i suggested i copied a few of their cards with the stats onto pieces of paper and drew little monster pictures so i could play too.
But oh no, they weren't having the slightest f+cking bit of that, i can tell you.

Upvote 0
a fair few of my mates played magic and were into it way back when - i was spending what little i had cash on computer games and clubbing so I didn't get into it - despite my pals frequently trying to pursade me that I'd love it and it would be great if i joined in.

So i suggested i copied a few of their cards with the stats onto pieces of paper and drew little monster pictures so i could play too.
But oh no, they weren't having the slightest f+cking bit of that, i can tell you.

Oddly, that is alright to do in magic lol. its called a proxy card, usually its done when you have a really expensive card but you dont want to use it for play (for fear of damaging their precious card XD)

Upvote 0
Oddly, that is alright to do in magic lol. its called a proxy card, usually its done when you have a really expensive card but you dont want to use it for play (for fear of damaging their precious card XD)

well it wasn't alright with my mates. presumibly because i didn't buy any cards at all, and just suggested i copied some of theirs.

Upvote 0