• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Anyone blind-fire?

The rare time I find it useful is if you know one guy is on the other side of the sandbags as you and you don't want to peek your head up to shoot him.
I've had that happen to me before, but the only time I ever actually use it is when I am on axis on Barracks, and i enter in the the NCO Barracks cap from the close end for Germans and I'm the only axis in the cap. I blind fire into the long hallway and out of the 2 times I did it, I got a kill each time.

Upvote 0
I've used it to good effect more than a couple of times while playing squad leader. I am not so much for a standup fight and will try and get out of the enemy crosshairs first rather than hoping to draw faster than he does. Occasionally there will be low cover in front of me, which means hitting CTRL and holding down the trigger will unload a lot of bullets at shoulder height on an enemy within 10m.

It is a panic button that occasionally works. Obviously it is not a real battle tactic, it is just a nice gaming experience touch to make the player feel less restricted, ie it evokes the sense of heroic room-to-room fighting.

"Blind firing" grenades is rather good, I especially like sneaky underhanded throws for pretty much placing a grenade on the ground around the corner.

The usefulness of the blind firing mechanics correlates precisely to how comfortable you are locking on to cover in hectic situations.

Upvote 0
Seen people trying to do it from doorways' sides & getting destroyed through the walls.

Luckily for axis most people hate the AVT40 & say it sucks.. (which it absolutely doesn't) but one of those & blindfiring as axis es #1 deathtrap.

Love using the AVT40, been learning to control the recoil and control the bursts aswell, as it does empty a clip pretty quick. Found I have started getting pretty good with it.

As for Blind firing, Its great on the PPSH with drum mag when in confined places, but I have foundmyself using the cover system less and less, its too easy to get shot through the wall you are hiding behined, and find it safer and easier to stand back and lean using Q and E.

Upvote 0
Love using the AVT40, been learning to control the recoil and control the bursts aswell, as it does empty a clip pretty quick. Found I have started getting pretty good with it.

It's an instant head shot rifle. It's also a total through the wall beast compared to the MKB42, it really deserves a lot more love than it currently gets.

I've used blind fire a few times, blind fire then chuck a nade or vice versa when you see a dead ally at a corner that's obviously being camped by someone. Blind fired out of a trench as 3 guys rained down fire on me too which made them duck at least.

Its uses are pretty limited and it can be a bit clunky, but more "tools" are always handy ;)

Upvote 0
Blind-fire is useful if it's your only option. Grenades are usually safer, because they don't expose you, have a good area of effect (you can kill multiple of opponents with it) and you can get targets hidden in a cover. I use blind-fire only when I have auto weapon (like PPSH with drum mag), only when I have no grenades left and if I DO know that the enemy is coming/watching short hallway.

I use it exclusively.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wish they had a stat for how much time played, but i can say i have 1,910 kills and i dont think a one of those is from blind firing. I have used it a few times but like you say i die more often than not.

I usually go with the old RO Q n E lean cause thats what im used to. I played OST up until HOS release. I do need to learn how to use the blind nade throwing effectively however.

Upvote 0
Hardly ever see it, pretty much never use it. Though there have been times when I wish I had.

I have on the other hand been killed by it once on barracks. Had an exchange of fire with an MP40 chap around the outside of the admin hall. Ducked round the corner and reloaded, I assume he reloaded too. I then charged out gun blazing away... only to see his MP40 (and nothing else) in view firing at me. I aimed for the gun anyway... but alas... I was rather quickly filled with lead. The guy used blindfire at just the right time from the right spot.

It's much like the cover system in general. 90% of the time it's useless. But for the other 10% of the time it can really be handy.. if you remember to use it.

Upvote 0
Once in a while I'll use blind-fire, but I've found that when I blind-fire when enemies know I'm in that section of cover, they kill me by shooting my hands. As a previous poster stated, it's a "when the situation presents itself, use it" kind of a feature; on a few levels with a long corridor that I know always is being covered, I'll latch onto cover and with an SMG, blind-fire 1-2 second long bursts before unbuttoning from cover and finding another route. Sometimes I'll get a kill (or three) but usually I'll just suppress or cause the enemies, if any, to be more cautious in that area.

I'd recommend only using blind-fire with an SMG/automatic weapon (semi-auto rifles I frown upon using blind-fire with, but it's still more effective than with a bolt-action rifle). However, I have had some luck with bolt-action rifles where I had no escape route and I knew enemies were rushing towards my section of cover, so I blind-fired a couple shots with my K98 and killed enemies directly ahead at roughly 8m. With teammates supporting you/attempting to suppress the enemy, blind-firing can be the tipping point for causing the enemy to become suppressed or put more lead down field to cause your enemy to slow their advance. Also, blind-firing grenades is a fantastic thing, though some pieces of "standing" cover don't allow you to actually throw the grenade down a hallway or past the cover you're at, but those pieces of cover are few and far between.

Upvote 0