• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Any Support or are we on our own here?

Chaosyn

May 21, 2017
We've been having issues getting our server to run properly and no matter what forum we use for assistance we get no word from TWI Admins period. Why bother creating a Dedicated Server Support forum if you guys aren't even going to check it or reply to anyone's posts? I've been in the discord where none of your admins are present or responsive. And browsing through some of the posts in this forum I haven't seen a single TWI rep response.

Our only reference for how to administrate our own servers is your Red Orchestra 2 Server wiki, which is ridiculously outdated at this point. Do you want us to seriously be able to test out these servers and ensure that the configs work properly so that we can run working servers for the public or are you guys just fine sitting there with your heads up your asses while we scramble about trying to troubleshoot all your issues for you?

Was just in discord, pinged a few Tripwire reps and antimatter reps, and only got some random saying to me "Stop pinging everybody".

There seems to be a huge lapse in support for this release. While completing surveys are nice, it would be nice if the devs actually worked with the players. Maybe they do weekend releases for a reason.

Upvote 0
I understand the OP's frustration. I reckon 80% of server admin problems are sorted out by other admins. ?omana deserves a big pat on the back for helping out people so far in RS2 but i am sure there are plenty of admins that can point a few people in the right direction if they are having problems.

It still would be good to know if some of the other problems like Members / Reserved slots are on the list of things the developer is looking into. Just a simple post in a thread acknowledging it as an identified problem.

Upvote 0
mallic;n2294506 said:
I may not be a tripwire rep, but if you add me on steam I can try to help you out a bit. I am currently running several servers with almost no issues. My steam name is MallicSmith and the avatar is of a husky jumping over some snow.

I added you on Steam.

There also is a new #serverops chan in the official discord, not very many admins in there now I think TWI/AMG just threw it together quickly for everyone but make sure you ping [TW]Yoshiro to get an invite into there .

Upvote 0