• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another suggestion for peripheral indicators

Proud_God

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Belgium
Besides the numerous suggestions already made for peripheral indicators (also show friendlies, etc...), I'd like to propose:

Instead of the indicators always being bright white, make their color match the general color of the soldier they represent, taking into account uniform, the lighting conditions, etc.

This should go a long way to make them blend in more naturally, just like the 'real' soldiers do.

I would like to see the indicators completely removed from the game or only removed from realism mode. I think they aren`t realistic. You saw them to often and i`m always getting nervous if they pop up. Especially on a up to 40slot or more Server.

What i noticed is:
When i yesterday played Beta for the first time, i was in the forest and so often it seems that there are indicators on the left or the right but it was the teammates names. But through the bushes it always seems to be an indicator and thats what i learned to look for since they were back again. I don`t know if there is a Server Setting for disabling it but i can remember i played a lot ro2 matches last year without these indicators.

Please turn them off. I don`t like them.

Upvote 0
Indicators see much more than players can see even if someone hides in or bihind the bush I still can spot them with indicator.
This thing at least should be nerfed if not removed completely.

Yeah, I'll be the first one to admit that I kill people who were perfectly concealed in bushes and who I would've had no way of noticing if it weren't for those indicators.

Upvote 0
As this is the most recent thread on the subject, please, make this thing right or remove it completely (on Realism, as Classic has it off by default and Action... I don't care :rolleyes:)

You have many suggestions of "making it right", mine is: It only works on short distances (10-15m max!) and the size of the blob depends either on the movement (running = bigger; still = dot) or distance to the enemy (adding for friendly units aswell would render it kind of useless).

Right now jungle combat is kind of broken because of this; "feeling" units across the map is one of the most stupid things I've seen; Flanking manouvers end up beign useless most times; It is a big part of the twicth shooting problem.
It is something small but should provide a substancial change on the way the game is played.

It annoyed me since ever but as we are on the verge of another big patch (excited about the changes on the Classic mode) it's time to write it off.

Upvote 0