• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ammo thread

You sure have a rose coloured image of what wartime production was like in Nazi Germany..

Me? I'm not sure what that is based on?

I own a very large amount of wartime German ammunition, spanning from 1938 to 1945. I even sell it. And I can tell you that the quality of the German wartime manufactured s.S. ammunition I own is unusually high for the period, I'd even venture to call it match grade because some of it definitely is.

S.m.E. ammunition is usually high quality as-well, but for some reason it just doesn't seem as prestine as the s.S. ammunition I have. But S.m.E. was also the most common round by 42 onwards.

The wartime Russian ammunition I own is quite crude by comparison.

Upvote 0
Interesting, I don't remember mine making that much smoke.

Same here LemoN. Maybe it's because of differences in how the ammunition has been stored for the last 60+ years, this could lead to an incomplete detonation of the bursting charge.

Also watching one of his other videos where he's supposedly using German tracer ammunition, the rounds he fired left a very noticable smoke trail, or atleast some of them did. The German tracer ammunition I've fired definitely didn't leave any such noticable smoke trail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0