• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Allow weapon skins for HRG weapons from the base weapon

MrRogersBestNeighbor

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 3, 2015
When you could use nailgun skins for the HRG nailgun or magnum skins for the HRG shotguns, I LOVED it. I thought it only made sense, since it would be kind of crazy to limit the skins for those weapons to only what Tripwire and skin creators would want to produce individually for them. It would actually greatly encourages skin creators to make more skins for the nailgun, freezethrower, magnums and now railgun and spitfires. I was pretty disappointed that this was classified as a bug.
I understand the downside, which is that if you wanted to use separate skins for different weapons, for example, different skins for magnums vs HRG shotguns in one game, you'd be forced to use the same skin for them. But is it that hard to just separate them in the inventory? Like for example if you get a Yin Yang magnum skin, can't you just include the skin for the magnums and HRG shotguns in the inventory? I'm sure those who created those skins would appreciate the extra revenue boost they get for the increased demand for the Yin Yang magnum skins or the Black Golden nailgun skins.
Are you seriously going to expect weapon skin creators to create weapon skins for EVERY HRG weapon when there's a pretty severe lack of skins for so many weapons as it is (to be expected with a game that has so many weapons as it is, but that's irrelevant to the point. The point is why limit the amount of skins in the game to begin with, especially with weapons using recycled assets).
Here's a list of weapons limited to only neons, Vosh and precious skins (or none) starting with the ones that I see VERY frequently used in the game (but have been around for a while now):
Fn Fal
Doomstick
Battleaxe
MKB (well, it has a seasonal, I guess...)
HMTech-501 (Newish)
C4
M32
AF2011
Husk Canon
Hemoclobber (New, so expected)
Seal Squeal (New)
Fire Axe
Road Redeemer

I'm not asking Tripwire to produce more weapon skins, for anyone thinking of flaming me for complaining about a part of the game that isn't necessary to begin with, I understand how unimportant weapon skins are to the game as a whole. It's irrelevant to the main point I'm making, which is why limit weapon skins in the game further with the HRG weapons by not allowing the application of already existing skins onto weapons created from recycled assets?

Sidenote to weapon skin producers produce and upload skins for a vote on the workshop: We have PLENTY of scar and AK12 skins! For the love of God, make a FN Fal, Doomstick MKB or Battleaxe skin or two, would ya?! I'm sure people would vote the hell out of it even if it wasn't particularly all that aesthetically pleasing. You produce a set that includes all 4, it's probably guaranteed it's going to make it in the game for easy revenue.

Reactions: missing_trigger
I think the only HRG weapon that can realistically have skins without being completely confusing to look at would be the HRG buckshots. While it IS based on the .500 Magnum, it's missing the barrel, being only the pistol grip and receiver.

Reskins for other HRG weapons could be mistaken for the original weapon. In the case of the ice revolvers and HRG syringe gun, they have absolutely no changes from the Spitfires and Railgun in physical appearance, and are just a retexture.

Upvote 0