• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

All Weapon Unlocks

Now giving it more than double the rounds will make it even more superior

Which it should be. The MG34 was superior to the DP28. The German MGs were the best in the world.

What they should of done is spent less times thinking of ways to balance every single weapon and instead have some things better on one side but something else better on the other side. Example PPSH > MP40 but MG34 > DP28

Also the MG34 should have belts not that stupid dual drum.

Upvote 0
Its not a 64 round magazine....

MP 40/II — experiment with two side by side 32-round magazines. The MP 40/II was tested in 1942. This version of the MP 40 has a two-magazine receiver that slides horizontally to use the additional magazine when the first becomes depleted. This design was intended to counter the superior firepower of the Soviet PPSh-41, but made the weapon heavy and unbalanced in the field, and did not work well.[9] However, by 1943 the Soviets shifted the production of PPSh-41 drums to 35 round magazines due to combat malfunctions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP_40#Variants_and_developments

We can argue about semantics, but I;m pretty sure it pretty much comes down to a 64 round-like capacity.

But as I said. What I think is worse is that it's just such an immersion killer, for me.

Which it should be. The MG34 was superior to the DP28. The German MGs were the best in the world.

I agree to this, and this makes the move to give all assault and leader classes MP40/II's even more weird.

They unbalance the machine guns (rightly so in my opinion as well). But give every Axis assault access to a rare piece of equipment just to balance it with the PPsh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Woohoo the MP40 will be even more of a super weapon...with more ammo to snipe with.

As said before the MP40 with double mag was the MP40/II. It was an experiment that didn't work..it was to heavy, unbalanced and totally unreliable. The MP40 jammed enough and was prone to dust and dirt already.

Just wish that a weapon that was designed for room and trench clearance wasn't suddenly able to snipe very small targets at the limit of it's so called effective range.....anyway rant over it's a bone of contention for me.

As for unlock making the weapons look abit different I'm OK with that.

I heard that the PPSH drum mag would reduce recoil because it is heavier. If that is true, will it apply to the MP-40 double mag? If so, then it will be an even more effective sniper weapon... :(

Upvote 0
The unlock system is stupid. I can think of no reason why they put this in, other than the fact to give the CoD/BC2 players (whom TWI is hoping to attract) something familiar in the game.

For a game that is (generally speaking) striving for some realism, the lack of an Unlock system like in RO1, would have been much, much better

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The unlock system is stupid. I can think of no reason why they put this in, other than the fact to give the CoD/BC2 players something familiar in the game.

For a game that is (generally speaking) striving for some realism, the lack of an Unlock system like in RO1, would have been much, much better

I wouldn't of minded a unlock system if it was realistic. Say the unlocks are more cosmetic to give some variation. Things like the MP40/II and MG34 Dual Drum have just made it stupidly unrealistic and I feel that the unlock system was just a scam to get buyers.

Reactions: MoFo and Maizel
Upvote 0
The unlock system is stupid. I can think of no reason why they put this in, other than the fact to give the CoD/BC2 players something familiar in the game.

The one thing RO1 lacked was incentive to play. RO2 fixed that.

I mean sure we played RO1 to have that one kill streak and feel like a God. But now we can have that kill steak and gain some EXP :)

Upvote 0
The unlocks are ok as long as they do not distort the realistic balance. Having belt mags for MG34 while the DP28 gets nothing is realistic and fun. And most importantly historically correct.
But the germans getting larger mags for their MP40 to "balance" against the firepower of a PPSH41 with a drum mag.

Bad idea.

If you as a german player with your mp40 are facing russians with 71 round drum mag PPSH41 then its unfair, yes. And it is supposed to be like that. If you are are on the wrong end of an angry russians PPSH41 with a drum mag then you are hosed.

Upvote 0

I think some upgrades make sense like ammo belt for MG 34 (which, ironically is not in the game), and better scopes for snipers. They add a little bit of extra fun, and something for people to strive for. But what TWI did wrong, was

A) going over board and putting in extremely rare upgrades that shouldn't be in there (MP-40 double mag, MG 34 double drum), or at least limited to Heroes.

B) withholding the most common items until you unlock them, because they were better than their rare counterparts (PPSH drum mag)

Upvote 0
The unlocks are ok as long as they do not distort the realistic balance. Having belt mags for MG34 while the DP28 gets nothing is realistic and fun. And most importantly historically correct.
But the germans getting larger mags for their MP40 to "balance" against the firepower of a PPSH41 with a drum mag.

Bad idea.

+ Rep

Upvote 0
For the first time in a long while I am geniunely concerned, cause atm we're for the first time seeing things that actually didn't exist.

Examples:

SVT40 with 6x scope = never existed
G41(W) with 4x scope = never existed
Scoped K98k with bayonet = never used by any right minded sniper

Atleast the Mkb42, AVT40 & MP40/II actually existed...

Oh dear, oh dear...:(

Upvote 0