• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

All Weapon Unlocks

Jorg Biermann1

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Buckinghamshire, UK
I just noticed that the weapon unlocks were added in the profile last update so I thought people might like to see them. Talk about the unlocks you like and dislike!

axisweapons.jpg

alliesweapons.jpg

what's that mp40 unlock? and silenced pistols?

The Mp40 unlock is the MP40/II. It's basically 2 magazines and is stupid. The gun was never fully produced because it failed so badly in the testing. The dual mag made it unbalenced and too heavy and it jammed twice as much as the normal MP40.

The Nagant can have a silencer but its stupid thats its ingame because its more for NKVD and special forces. Not for front line troops.

dp-28 mo unlocks mg 34 75 rounds really -.- fail

DP28 couldn't really have any unlocks :/ But the MG34 gets a dual Drum. I'm so ****ing pissed. 75 Rounds is probably the same One drum but just magically had 75 rounds. What the **** was wrong with just a 100 - 150 belt upgrade?

scopes k98 gets a ...bayonett?
Really?

Would of made a lot more sense if they added another type of Scope. Snipers would of never used Bayonets. When they were that close they would try to hide the fact they are Snipers incase they get captured.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im sure the mg's will be balanced some other way.

I'd rather have weapons have some differences than to play both sides with the exact copies with only a different skin.

Making the double magazine available for the MP40, just so it has the same number of rounds as the PPsh is already laughable.

Lets not kill immersion any more by trying to balance the guns in such an arbitrary way.

I'll take a 32 round MP40 over a 75 round PPsh anyday, since it;s much more accurate and controlable. The 64 round magazine is just overkill.

Reactions: Centimeter
Upvote 0
duel mag for MP-40 should be at level 50. And drum for PPSH should be at level 0. It's stupid that the MP-40 unlocks an extremely rare mag at the same time that the PPSH unlocks the extremely common mag. Which I would guess was probably the most common mag in the world at the time (though I could be wrong), considering that most guns at the time used stripper clips.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
duel mag for MP-40 should be at level 50. And drum for PPSH should be at level 0. It's stupid that the MP-40 unlocks an extremely rare mag at the same time that the PPSH unlocks the extremely common mag. Which I would guess was probably the most common mag in the world at the time (though I could be wrong), considering that most guns at the time used stripper clips.

PPsh only got 1 drum mag from factory rest was stick mags tho they became more common when you could pick em up everywhere

Upvote 0

Totally agree.

It's funny that every Assault/Teamleader/Squadleader on the axis side will have submachine guns with bigger clips than the Allied Machinegunner. This would be the biggest issue for me, were it not that using such a rare piece of equipment as a wildly available commodity is quite ridiculous.

Also, bayos on sniper rifles? Arguably even more laughable.

Upvote 0
what's that mp40 unlock? and silenced pistols?
Probably two magazines "taped" together for a quick reload on the MP40.

The silenced nagant actually did exist. Because of the way the cylinder moves forward it seales the cylinder gap and creates an airtight seal making it possible to be "silenced" (unlike other revolvers where gas/sound escape between the cylinder and barrel).

The use of a suppressor would have been extremely rare though and only some very special recon-units might have had one.

Upvote 0
Woohoo the MP40 will be even more of a super weapon...with more ammo to snipe with.

As said before the MP40 with double mag was the MP40/II. It was an experiment that didn't work..it was to heavy, unbalanced and totally unreliable. The MP40 jammed enough and was prone to dust and dirt already.

Just wish that a weapon that was designed for room and trench clearance wasn't suddenly able to snipe very small targets at the limit of it's so called effective range.....anyway rant over it's a bone of contention for me.

As for unlock making the weapons look abit different I'm OK with that.

Upvote 0
PPsh only got 1 drum mag from factory rest was stick mags tho they became more common when you could pick em up everywhere

I could be wrong, but this is what wikipedia is telling me, can't find more info anywhere else.

Though 35-round curved box magazines were available from 1942, the average Soviet infantryman in World War II carried the PPSh with the original 71-round drum magazine.[2]
A copy of the Finnish M31 Suomi magazine, the PPSh drum magazine held 71 rounds. In practice, misfeeding of the spring was likely to occur with more than 65 or so cartridges.[9] In addition to feed issues, the drum magazine was slower and more complicated to load with ammunition than the later 35-round box magazine that increasingly supplemented the drum after 1942. While holding fewer cartridges, the box magazine did have the advantage of providing a superior handhold for the supporting hand.

From this, I would infer that the drum mag was more common, until after 42, which would be after Stalingrad. Again, I could be wrong, but it doesn't change the fact that the drum mag was a lot more common than the MP-40 double mag.

And there was a reason the double mag was not produced in large quantities. It sucked, had horrible feeding and jamming issues. I would rather a single mag to a double in real life.

Upvote 0