• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

All Time Favorite Games

SharkBoy266

Mar 20, 2020
Hey guys!

I'm new and joined this forum specifically for ManEater but checked out the Off Topic section and thought I'd make a thread here.

What are some of your favorite games? Doesn't matter what era or the platform.

I'll start, some of my favorites are:

Hollow Knight
Transistor
Brigador
Dust An Elysian Tail
Depth
Sonic The Hedgehog (classic games)
Sonic Spinball
Overwatch
Red Dead Redemption 2
Spider-Man PS4 (The best Spiderman game)
Transformers War For Cybertron
Jet Set Radio Future
Baldurs Gate 1&2
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Horizon Zero Dawn
Bloodrayne
Rayman Legends
Ori 1&2
Soul Calibur 5
Nitro+ Infinite Blasterz Heroines
Life Is Strange

Most of them are newer games even though I have been around gaming for awhile...

Please let me know some of yours :)

Aleflippy

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2012
Belgium
It's honestly quite hard to say... Some games are wonderful but can only truly be experienced once for example, precisely due to the twists and turns, or story elements.

Some others are highly enjoyable and addicting, but are they truly my favourite? I mean, rhythm games are great fun but I wouldn't classify them as all-time favourite.

Plus, more and more games are being released continuously, many of them awesome. So it's an ever-expanding list really.

But from the few thoughts I have in my mind, here's a shortlist that's in no-way exhaustive.

-Age of Empires 2 (one of my very first game, still a staple of RTS to me. Maybe more aggressive than truly strategic, but that works for me)

-Team Fortress 2 (along the years, a lot of changes made to the game made me drift apart slightly... But it's still the game I played the most in my life : more than 2000 hours. And I still pop it up from time to time)

-Soulcalibur 2 (I'm mostly a fighting game guy, and that one kept me busy for the most part of my late childhood-early teenage years. It also made me discover Spawn !)

-The Binding of Isaac (I think that it's my second most played game. The content is ENORMOUS and made even better thanks to mods. It has a lot of charm and personality as well. I also love that it offers you and very, VERY large margin of progression. I remember it took my 92 attempts to finally beat mom for the first time, and everything became easier and easier from there! At the time, I simply didn't want to look at the wiki and learn by trial and error)

-Mass Effect Trilogy (Yeah, let's not talk about Andromeda. I simply loved it. It's still one of my prime example of how you build an universe, characters and lore. And it pisses me off that it's not regarded as the great space opera it is. Not everything is perfect of course... The ending could have obviously been better. Some DLCs are dickmoves. It could have been more RPG than TPS with RPG with action elements... But ****, that's a good saga)

utek

Aug 20, 2010
Slovenia
- S. T. A. L. K. E. R. franchise
- old Battlefield games (1942, Vietnam,2) as a spinoff BF game Bad Company 2 was also great. New ones are garbage.
- Red Orchestra franchise
- Red Alert 2
- Half Life franchise

Aleflippy

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2012
Belgium
Fuuuuck, I totally forgot Half-Life when it was actually one of my very first game along with Counter-Strike ! I was too young to fully appreciate it at the time (I mean, the game got released very close to my birth...)

But even then, it's one of my all-time favourite franchise. And I'm definitely falling in love with HL:Alyx

Reactions: utek