• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC AF2011A1's Bullet Offset Global, and Missing Casings

Azukki

Grizzled Veteran
  • Jul 7, 2009
    Category: Code, 3D art effects

Reproducibility: Always

Summary: The AF2011A1 shoots bullets with a global offset from each other, rather than offset based on player aim. Like instead of right and left, they shoot east and west. The casings are missing a model and/or texture. There's some checkered cube object appearing when firing.

Description: When you shoot the AF2011A1, you get two bullets, from different starting positions. Makes sense. But strangely, these positions don't correlate to the sides of where the player is pointing the gun, like the two barrels, but instead, they are globally displaced from each other in a way that is regardless to the player's aim.
    It's basically the same as what happened with KF1's dual wielding, and it's really weird, so I'm fairly sure this is a bug, and the offset rotation was forgotten or is broken.

And also, there are blue and white checkered cubes ejecting rather than (some of [?]) alongside the casings.

kf2_af2011a1_global_displacement_casing_missing.gif

Online/Offline: Both

Last edited:
    Reactions: Patros and Shadaaaa
    I should clarify that the effect this has in game is that when shooting horizontally, you often wind up with both bullets hitting the same spot when you're facing some directions, such as at or away from the eiffel tower, while your bullets will have noticeable distance between them when shooting the other ways, such as perpendicular to facing eiffel.

Shooting diagonally up or down, this global offset can give us a relative vertical distance between the two bullets' lines.

Shooting nearly straight up, we can see the pattern most easily, the pairs' offsets from each other is consistent to the world, instead of aligning to the guns firing them.
    kf2_af2011a1s_shooting_up.gif

We can also see that I was wrong about the casings, there are two per shot, those cubes are some third object. Can't edit thread titles, though.

What is off with the casings is that the left barrel ejects rightwards instead of leftwards.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    World-aligned barrel offset still present in 1061 (spring beta2).

BarrelOffset in SpawnProjectile is adding a relative world location to the start point without rotating based on player aim first:
    Super.SpawnProjectile(KFProjClass, RealStartLoc + BarrelOffset * float(i), AimDir);

By contrast, regular dual pistol offset uses this: + (LeftFireOffset >> ViewRotation)

Upvote 0