• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Additional Weapons ideas (Sharpshooter & Commando)

BoomerPatrol

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 14, 2020
I think another option for an iron sight rifle would be good but with it being semi-automatic, I think most would actually want this since it can be a bit bothersome using the scoped in weapons.
  • M1 Garand
  • Gewerh 43
Additionally another gun that could be added for harder hitting potential, but slower fire-rate could be the Lee Enfield unlike the Mosin Nagant this would have 10 rounds likely hitting not as hard as the Mosin but with overall greater reserves and a better fire-rate than the Mosin.

Then with the Commando some might argue we don't need anymore, but personally I'd like to see a harder hitting Commando specific weapon. The weapons I have in mind....
  • AK-47 or AKM
  • CZ 805 BREN
Essentially sticking with the idea of an assault rifle similar to the FN Scar that fires a more powerful cartridge. This could be balanced with recoil on the AK being harsher than the FN Scar but perhaps hitting slightly harder and awarding people for being able to manage the recoil. I don't know what everyones take on the DLC weapons is, but I'd be willing to purchase that kind of addition to the game.

Reactions: Dead Anarchist
A semi-auto rifle...why not? I think it might be too much of a simple middle ground between the LAR and M14 EBR (something the Mosin is already incarnating...somewhat), but my fondness of WW2 weaponry would allow it, definitely! However, I believe the Lee-Enfield wouldn't bring anything new to the table, even if I really like the gun. Speaking of which : the Mosin should definitely get tweaked a bit : it's underperforming currently. Or more accurately (ha!) : it's a bit too unforgiving regarding shots anywhere else but the head.

I wouldn't mind another gun for the commando (assault rifles are numerous after all!) but definitely not an AK-47...Not only do we already have a gun from the AK family, but the AK-47 is the most basic and boring gun ever at that point. An harder-hitting AR could be interesting, but I feel that's pretty much what they intended to do with the FAL and ended-up being a mere DPS-monster (which is already an interesting take).

I would rather see a new LMG, and I thought that's what you had in mind when you mentioned the Bren before realizing you weren't speaking about the British WW2 LMG at all ! But still... I believe a LMG that fires slower than the Stoner, maybe with a lower mag size as well could work... implying it punishes very hard.

Plus, the Bren looks stylish.

Upvote 0