• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Add a "Spotted X" voice command.

I think the addition of a "Spotted X" command would be a good quality of life change to better help communicate threats such as Scrakes and Fleshpounds.

It should work similar to how Battlefield 2 system worked.
It should take into account what the player was ray-casting to, but make it a small angle probably the size of the iron-sights for precision.

It would be a nice way to encourage team-work and alert unaware players of the presence of a large threat.

It would be a nice bonus if you could also spot weapons, ammo and even Kevlar Vests so other's can capitalize on their spawns.

If the ray-casting returns nothing the voice command should not activate and just close the dialogue menu entirely.

Attached to this post is a mock up done in MS Paint to show how it could potentially be implemented.

Attachments

• Spotted.jpg
    Spotted.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: missing_trigger
Well, that was something that was available in Left 4 Dead and I do agree that it was stupidly useful. But then again, you had to take into consideration more things... Namely that some infected could incapacitate a survivor or that you had a range of useful items to keep around you.

I don't know if that would be as impactful in KF2, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to inform everyone that you saw the Fleshpound or that a Siren needs to be taken care of.

Main problem I see is that they'd probably need to record some new lines for each character...Something they might NOT want to do.

Upvote 0