• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Accuracy needs to be reduced on ALL the weapons ingame

This may have been suggested already, but it's late and...:eek:

What if instead of sway, it just took longer to bring up your sights, or aim exactly where you wanted? Instead of always having the front and rear sights aligned (as it is now except when you move) maybe misalign them for half a second; maybe also "carry" the momentum of the gun as you bring it up. This should depend on the mass of the weapon. So as you swing your 6 ft Mosin w/ bayonet up to your shoulder it goes a little too far, and you have to adjust. You may wait a split second more for the sights too align, or you could snap a shot off and risk a miss. Smaller weapons designed for quicker, closer engagements (SMGs and pistols) should be less affected.

Again, I don't think it matters. Players who try to quick-scope from standing position in anything other than CQC will lose 9.9/10 times to players who are behind cover already in ADS.

I just don't see what you guys are saying is happening in game. Anyone I see who tries to aim while standing is usually shot very quickly. I simply haven't witnessed the problem in question.

That said, this is a more realistic and desirable solution in my opinion. You could still pop off very quick shots for CQC, when sight alignment isn't as important, but it'd take you a split second longer to steady your aim right as you brought the gun up.

I don't think there's a problem, but this is probably the best "fix" I've heard yet.

Upvote 0
To all,

Don't get carried away and stay to the topic.
Fact is, every soldier in RO2 is a robot and every gun is too accurate.

Now one thing that is not completely covered in this already extensive thread is gun accuracy (minus the aiming!). EVERY rifle in the game except SMGs, MGs and pistols shoots like a bench rest gun.
Consider this IRL scenario; weapon wear, production quality (especially for soviet guns), completely stock ammo, also consider that soviet ammo had steel casings and other shortcuts.
Yet every gun, both semi and bolt, shoots like a benchrest gun with match-grade handloaded ammo!
One good example of IRL actual precision is this:
Mosin nagant sniper > Regular mosin nagant > SVT/AVT
The first had tighter tolerances and had hand-picked chromed barrels, second had looser tolerances and regular barrels, and the third actually WARPS (the barrel) when fired in slo-mo video due to gas piston position and barrel thickness.
That does not exist in game!

Remember that in RO there was bullet spread for S/A sniper rifles? Now where is that now? Where is bullet spread for ANY rifles?
As far as I know the only thing we have atm is some sway depending on positions.
Some people say here "hit a guy at 200 is easy both in game and IRL" well how about me picking HALF a helmet barely visible over a wall at over 200m with a Mosin? Is that realistic in any way? Probably possible, but not again and again.

Please explain the scopes on the SVT's

Upvote 0
This may have been suggested already, but it's late and...:eek:

What if instead of sway, it just took longer to bring up your sights, or aim exactly where you wanted? Instead of always having the front and rear sights aligned (as it is now except when you move) maybe misalign them for half a second; maybe also "carry" the momentum of the gun as you bring it up. This should depend on the mass of the weapon. So as you swing your 6 ft Mosin w/ bayonet up to your shoulder it goes a little too far, and you have to adjust. You may wait a split second more for the sights too align, or you could snap a shot off and risk a miss. Smaller weapons designed for quicker, closer engagements (SMGs and pistols) should be less affected.

Ideally, freeaim was suppose to simulate this. Because in old school FPS, center of screen is where your gun is pointed at. With freeaim, your view and aim can differ a bit, making it harder to hipfire and so on. Right now, I think when you ADS, it ignores previous freeaim direction and brings your gun straight into center of the screen and hence people are making strange snap shots at short ranges (this is kind of like RO1 exploit where when you come out of sprint your gun was always dead center, which allowed players to hipfire accurately and bypass freeaim).

If what I think is right, then simply fixing this transition from hipfire to ADS to maintain the freeaim's direction would require most people to take few split moments to adjust while they ADS.

Upvote 0
Actually, it would be keeping the same realistically accurate weapons, and giving realistically inaccurate shooters, which the game currently completely lacks. See if you can perfectly sight in on a moving target in less than a second with a real bolt-action rifle and you'll understand why the game in its current state isn't realistic.

That I can agree with. To a poin, at least.

Upvote 0
I do want to say in this game, shooting ppl in +50m is quite easy,

Easier than sniping ppl in crysis 2 pc mp, battlefield bad company 2 pc mp, america's army 3, sniper ghost warrior pc mp.

Please play at least one or two of those examples above before tell me RO2's shooting has no problem with almost non significant sway, non significant holding breath function.
I really mean it, in this game, sway is really small with or without holding breath, even tiniest sway while holding breath really doesn't make much difference in pinpoint aiming.

The game only asks you to accurately place the iron sight on enemy's head then bullet hit the target regardless of shooter's firing position or status as shooting right after running,

There is almost no sway at work and holding breath to stable weapon movement is insignificant so there's almost no missing the target if I only place the iron sight correctly on target's head.

I would assume TWI did this for easier shooting for console crowds, but it really is one of the most easiest shooting mechanism. REALLY.

I really really feel shooting in RO2 is one of the most easiest among the games I played before.
I played +300h for crysis 2 pc mp, +300h on cod mw2, 35h of sniper ghost warrior, about 70h of BFBC2 and just taped +50h on RO2.

I am not lying or exaggerating, it's from my experience.

In terms of uncontrollable muzzle kick back and sway, realistic holding breath function, RO1 had somewhat more seemingly realistic ones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was one of those "I wonder if this could work..." things. Not to say that it wasn't used, but the Mosin just had better consistency than the SVT at long ranges.

Absolutely right!

I did some reading about the SVT and I can't find anything that would support my point of view. In fact they all talk about the 1st shot inaccuracy.

Upvote 0
I do want to say in this game, shooting ppl in +50m is quite easy,

Easier than sniping ppl in crysis 2 pc mp, battlefield bad company 2 pc mp, america's army 3, sniper ghost warrior pc mp.

Please play at least one or two of those examples above before tell me RO2's shooting has no problem with almost non significant sway, non significant holding breath function.
I really mean it, in this game, sway is really small with or without holding breath, even tiniest sway while holding breath really doesn't make much difference in pinpoint aiming.

The game only asks you to accurately place the iron sight on enemy's head then bullet hit the target regardless of shooter's firing position or status as shooting right after running,

There is almost no sway at work and holding breath to stable weapon movement is insignificant so there's almost no missing the target if I only place the iron sight correctly on target's head.

I would assume TWI did this for easier shooting for console crowds, but it really is one of the most easiest shooting mechanism. REALLY.

I really really feel shooting in RO2 is one of the most easiest among the games I played before.
I played +300h for crysis 2 pc mp, +300h on cod mw2, 35h of sniper ghost warrior, about 70h of BFBC2 and just taped +50h on RO2.

I am not lying or exaggerating, it's from my experience.

In terms of uncontrollable muzzle kick back and sway, realistic holding breath function, RO1 had somewhat more seemingly realistic ones.
You listed a bunch of unrealistic arcade shooters (excluding AA3). Have you ever wondered if RO2 is the one having correct weapon handling instead of those console arcade shooters?

Upvote 0
People use this goddamn argument all the time. I have -never- seen it in-game. Ever. Usually because if someone stops and tries to aim while I'm shooting at them, I bloody KILL THEM. They're easy to spot when they're sprinting, all I have to do is lead right and *BAM*, one more dead enemy. I'm in cover, he's not. He's dead. If he has time to line up a shot and kill me, then I DESERVED TO BLOODY DIE.

The fact that you can use your character's perfect aiming ability to kill them first doesn't mean it's realistic.

Because they're using SNIPER WEAPONS. BOLT ACTION RIFLES ARE NOT VOLUME OF FIRE WEAPONS. THEY ARE SLOW TO RELOAD, SO TO BE EFFECTIVE YOU HAVE TO MAKE EVERY SHOT COUNT. IF I MISSED A DEER WITH MY FIRST SHOT, CHANCES ARE HE'S GOING TO ESCAPE.

Infantrymen in WW2 did not fight like snipers, regardless of what they were armed with. Carrying a bolt-action rifle did not suddenly turn every soldier into a marksman, accurately picking off targets from hundreds of yards away. Switching to semi-automatic rifles was a big step up, not a lateral shift, because infantrymen didn't fight like snipers (who continued to use bolts).

Also, typical WWII infantry combat = slow and methodical? Since when? Since when in the history of human conflict has war been slow and methodical?

You're agreeing with me. The way the game is now, where people sit in cover and snipe/counter-snipe, is not realistic.

I've never read accounts from Omaha Beach where the attacking infantrymen sighted in on the machine gunners and popped headshots every time a new gunner took the weapon. The simple fact is that in real life, infantrymen fired many more shots per kill than as depicted in RO2, and it's not just because the game is close-quarters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Vids or it didn't happen.

If I said it happened, it did. I do not make a habit of lying.
I have a 23" samsung screen 1980x1080 and sit about 50 cm from it, I can clearly "pixel-shoot" like it has been done by me and by others so many times both in ro2 and especially ro1.

I actually agree with the "vid or it didn't happen" regarding 200 meter kills on enemies in cover. That is just too damn unlikely to happen often.

I you can't do it, does not mean it did not happen. My point is not to brag about my accuracy, but to ILLUSTRATE the over-the-top precision of rifles in the game.

Their is no realistic way to design those details into the game. If their was, I can tell you pretty conclusively that no one gives a ****.

Yes there is - increase bullet spread like it was done in RO, between Mosin and SVT sniper rifles.
I can also tell pretty conclusively that you not giving a **** is your and your opinion only. And you know that opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one.

Ok look, i'm a gun-nerd too, so I actually know what you're talking about. This kind of stuff is *unreasonable* for the kind of game RO is.

Have you applied at Failwire? You better do so, you sure love doing a rimjob for them and their game.

It's nice to be lucky isn't it?

Lucky is when you pull off the same thing, I do this every time.

1. A little more sway in unsupported position or in movement
2. holding the breath in ADS should be limited with stamina bar
(you can't hold breath forever in real life)
3. without breath control accuracy should drop a bit, as breathing will naturally decrease accuracy.
+1
Amen!
The fact that RO2 didn't accurately presented thumping (cracking, zipping, popping) sound of live MG bullet passing right beside you also contributed to the overall less fear of MG suppression.
This happens completely at random. Sometimes all you hear and see is a "puff" from the bullet impact, sometimes you get supressed properly. It's not quite there yet.
IMHO Darkest Hour did that part best.

Upvote 0
The fact that you can use your character's perfect aiming ability to kill them first doesn't mean it's realistic.

My character is shooting from prone, more often than not, or braced from a window sill. I don't know about everyone else, but I can shoot pretty damn accurately in real life from prone, or with the rifle braced on something.

I can also shoot reasonably accurately from standing, but it's harder.

This seems to be -exactly- what's modeled in the game. Someone shooting from standing will take a split second longer, and 9/10 times this will end in his demise.

Infantrymen in WW2 did not fight like snipers, regardless of what they were armed with. Carrying a bolt-action rifle did not suddenly turn every soldier into a marksman, accurately picking off targets from hundreds of yards away. Switching to semi-automatic rifles was a big step up, not a lateral shift, because infantrymen didn't fight like snipers (who continued to use bolts).

Addressed that here:

Oh absolutely. I fully understand. Just because these weapons are capable of sniper-grade shots doesn't mean that everyone was a sniper.

But it's worth noting that "marksmen" used the standard infantry rifle with a scope mounted on top. In combat situations speed is king, and there was no need to take a minute to line up your sights to pop off a 50 yard killshot. That's what I'm trying to say. All these "realism" guys want all this sway so it takes a few seconds to line up a kill shot, but they're ignoring the fact that inside of 50 meters, it doesn't take superhuman robot aim to shove the butt of a rifle up your nose and squeeze off a lethal shot.

You're agreeing with me. The way the game is now, where people sit in cover and snipe/counter-snipe, is not realistic.

I've never read accounts from Omaha Beach where the attacking infantrymen sighted in on the machine gunners and popped headshots every time a new gunner took the weapon. The simple fact is that in real life, infantrymen fired many more shots per kill than as depicted in RO2, and it's not just because the game is close-quarters.

No, it's perfectly realistic. If soldiers in real life tried to run up to a fortified building in clear view, they'd get their face blown off. Real soldiers use cover, stealth, and careful approach when storming a structure. The Omaha Beach Scene in Saving Private Ryan is a perfect example of this. The soldiers sprint to cover as opposed to standing there and shooting at the machine gunners (who would promptly blow their heads off) despite the fact that under non-combat circumstances the riflemen could take that shot easily. The simple fact of the matter is that getting to cover was more important than killing the MG'er, because you're no good to your squad full of holes. They took cover, advanced cautiously, using speed and surprise to close the distance with as few casualties as possible, and then they climbed into the blind spot of the MG, worked their way around it, and destroyed it.

They did NOT charge blindly at the structure, or sit there and get into a shooting match with a bunker full of HMGs and riflemen. They would lose. Instead, they got to better cover and stealthed their way to the top.

It's also worth noting that the Omaha machine gunners were firing heavy machine guns, bolted to the heavily fortified concrete bunkers they were hiding in, and crewed by two men each. These are -far- more potent and deadly than the light machine guns that the machine gunner class uses in game. I'm not going to rehash the entire argument, just scroll back a few pages to ready my points on this:

On your "Rounds per casualty" argument:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=906218&postcount=140

On LMGs and what they're supposed to be:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=904681&postcount=39

Read: Portable, fully automatic rifles. NOT area of denial field artillery.

Oh goodie, a fun one:

If I said it happened, it did. I do not make a habit of lying.
I have a 23" samsung screen 1980x1080 and sit about 50 cm from it, I can clearly "pixel-shoot" like it has been done by me and by others so many times both in ro2 and especially ro1.

Oh? Which map did it happen on? As it stands, Fallen Fighters and -maybe- Red October Factory and Commissar's House are the only maps that even have 200m sight lines, and everyone I've talked to has said that it's pretty tough to snipe with an ironsights bolt. If it's so easy to score multiple killshots from 200m, why can't anyone else do it? Why can't you put together a simple video demonstrating you doing it from standing position several times in a short time frame?

If you can't do it, than shut your trap. Nobody else can do it either. Just because it's -possible- doesn't mean it's -easy-. Most rifles are accurate out to 600m, but human eyes can't accurately sight a target out that far. That's why snipers (who usually engage at 300m+) and heavy machine gunners (who usually engage at the same range) need special optics on their weapons to be effective. Targets get too hard to track and spot at that range.

And let's not forget that "pixel shooting" range in RO1 was ~100-150m, which is about the limit of the FoV toggle shooting too. We don't even have maps that reduce targets to individual pixels in RO2 yet, and I promise that when we get them it will -not- be easy to hit people from that range without special optics.

I you can't do it, does not mean it did not happen. My point is not to brag about my accuracy, but to ILLUSTRATE the over-the-top precision of rifles in the game.

Then illustrate it. Show us an un-edited video. Screenshots can be collected over the course of several games, and so can edited videos. Show us an un-edited video of you demonstrating the unreasonable accuracy in RO2. It's not bragging if you're trying to make a point. Please, demonstrate, and make sure that the resolution is high enough we can read the rangefinder on your kill board. Several kill shots at 175m+. Let's see it.

Yes there is - increase bullet spread like it was done in RO, between Mosin and SVT sniper rifles.
I can also tell pretty conclusively that you not giving a **** is your and your opinion only. And you know that opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one.

But I'm backing up my opinions with concrete evidence, including pulling in various references, basic ballistics calculations, and my firsthand experience with the weapons in question (I've actually shot a goddamn vintage K98 (with the bayo attached!), I think I know how they handle. Pretty well, all things considered). You may have an "opinion", but you've yet to provide us with any reason we should think your opinion is credible.

Have you applied at Failwire? You better do so, you sure love doing a rimjob for them and their game.

Lol ad hom.

Lucky is when you pull off the same thing, I do this every time.

Show us, oh great sensai, or shut your trap.

+1
Amen!

This happens completely at random. Sometimes all you hear and see is a "puff" from the bullet impact, sometimes you get supressed properly. It's not quite there yet.
IMHO Darkest Hour did that part best.

I can agree with this part. The sound work of being on the receiving end of gunfire could use some work. As I've said above, suppression effects are useless, gamey, and immersion breaking. Having a big scary noise, on the other hand, would do a lot more to freak people out when they're under fire.

Upvote 0
Well this thread has gone to hell in a handbasket but here goes, form someone who has shot quite a bit in his days.

I started marksmanship competition at the age of 10, im now closing in on 40. Inbetween there i earned a green beret, the sign for elite marine infantry in my country. Now that i got your attention this is how things actually work...

One thing that no computer game has is the fact that in real life you have to line up your front sightpost and your rear sight, this is where the first (and often biggest) inaccuracy happens. A fraction of an inch off the center.. and you miss by several feet at longer ranges. No computer game that i am aware of takes this into account, the sights are always perfectly lined up with eachother. sighting radius also adds to accuracy. You will never be as good with a short carbine as you will with a longer rifle, you just have better accuracy with the sights further apart (not getting into barrellength here).

How you pull the trigger makes an enormous difference down range. A calm squeeze, or was it a quick jerk? Was your grip perfect or did you perhaps press with your thumb while squezzing the trigger? Nobody does perfect shots all the time, nobody.

Where the bullet goes once it has left the barrel is dependent on temperature, wind, range, angle etc. Once a bullet is fired and heats up the barrel the point of impact changes for the next shot.

A human needs to breathe, you cant hold your breath for more than a very short while before your body starts reacting to it and you will miss your target. Breathing/pausing correctly is really important.

The human eye cant really totally focus on something for more than a few seconds, after that your front sight post is going to be blurry and you will probably miss. When shooting you actually watch the front sight post, not the target. The target is blurry because human eyes cant focus both on the target and the sight at the same time. With a scope this is not a problem. Modern scopes are also parallax free (the lining up: wrong angle.. you miss) the ones from WW2 were not parallax free and had to be lined up correctly.

Noone can hold a standing unsupported position for more than about 15 seconds without swaying.. alot. You might hit targets close in but 200 meters or 300+? Forget it. This is why professionals during competition take the gun down from their shoulder and start all over again if they did not get a shot perfectly lined up at once (shooting standing up unsupported).

This swaying annoyance is once again even more true for pistols.Wanna try it but don

Upvote 0
Well this thread has gone to hell in a handbasket but here goes, form someone who has shot quite a bit in his days.

I started marksmanship competition at the age of 10, im now closing in on 40. Inbetween there i earned a green beret, the sign for elite marine infantry in my country. Now that i got your attention this is how things actually work...

One thing that no computer game has is the fact that in real life you have to line up your front sightpost and your rear sight, this is where the first (and often biggest) inaccuracy happens. A fraction of an inch off the center.. and you miss by several feet at longer ranges. No computer game that i am aware of takes this into account, the sights are always perfectly lined up with eachother. sighting radius also adds to accuracy. You will never be as good with a short carbine as you will with a longer rifle, you just have better accuracy with the sights further apart (not getting into barrellength here).

How you pull the trigger makes an enormous difference down range. A calm squeeze, or was it a quick jerk? Was your grip perfect or did you perhaps press with your thumb while squezzing the trigger? Nobody does perfect shots all the time, nobody.

Where the bullet goes once it has left the barrel is dependent on temperature, wind, range, angle etc. Once a bullet is fired and heats up the barrel the point of impact changes for the next shot.

A human needs to breathe, you cant hold your breath for more than a very short while before your body starts reacting to it and you will miss your target. Breathing/pausing correctly is really important.

The human eye cant really totally focus on something for more than a few seconds, after that your front sight post is going to be blurry and you will probably miss. When shooting you actually watch the front sight post, not the target. The target is blurry because human eyes cant focus both on the target and the sight at the same time. With a scope this is not a problem. Modern scopes are also parallax free (the lining up: wrong angle.. you miss) the ones from WW2 were not parallax free and had to be lined up correctly.

Noone can hold a standing unsupported position for more than about 15 seconds without swaying.. alot. You might hit targets close in but 200 meters or 300+? Forget it. This is why professionals during competition take the gun down from their shoulder and start all over again if they did not get a shot perfectly lined up at once (shooting standing up unsupported).

This swaying annoyance is once again even more true for pistols.Wanna try it but don

Reactions: Rrralphster
Upvote 0
It's all been said before but just adding my voice.

NO CONE OF FIRE!!
Weapon sway and recoil to reduce accuracy, please! For goodness' sake!

I think perfect would be to make the focused breathing aim (sway) be more like what just resting stand is now, and have the standing a bit more dramatic.
I think there should be a dramatic sway on all three axis for maybe 1-2 seconds after sighting in and then immediately settle into standard resting sway, then a gradual linear increase of sway after 1 minute if weapon is not propped.

I think there needs to be additional horizontal recoil (%50 or more increase) on the automatic weapons, but the vertical recoil seems fine (maybe a %10 increase).

Upvote 0
Oh? Which map did it happen on? As it stands, Fallen Fighters and -maybe- Red October Factory and Commissar's House are the only maps that even have 200m sight lines,

Oh? Have you ever played on a map called Spartanovka? From "axis" side church to the "reds" church it happens to be 200m, from inside both building if we imagine that for a second, there is 220m or so.

Good luck with that on Red October, if you can see trough the fog and low lighting.

If you can't do it, than shut your trap. Nobody else can do it either. Just because it's -possible- doesn't mean it's -easy-. Most rifles are accurate out to 600m, but human eyes can't accurately sight a target out that far. That's why snipers (who usually engage at 300m+) and heavy machine gunners (who usually engage at the same range) need special optics on their weapons to be effective. Targets get too hard to track and spot at that range.

And let's not forget that "pixel shooting" range in RO1 was ~100-150m, which is about the limit of the FoV toggle shooting too. We don't even have maps that reduce targets to individual pixels in RO2 yet, and I promise that when we get them it will -not- be easy to hit people from that range without special optics.

[SIZE=+5]............................................________........................
....................................,.-

Upvote 0
You listed a bunch of unrealistic arcade shooters (excluding AA3). Have you ever wondered if RO2 is the one having correct weapon handling instead of those console arcade shooters?

Well, if I say in RO2 I have lesss worry about accuracy when shooting from slowly moving ADS than ghost recon advanced warfighter 2 pc mp, sniper ghost warrior pc mp, does it explain my point clear?

If I tell you I wasn't that good long range shooter in BFBC2 pc mp, AA3? and sniping in sniper ghost warrior pc mp is harder than RO2 in accurately hit the desired spot you aimed even with accurate sniper rifles, and scope with adjustable zoom rate?
So I worry less about hitting the exact spot I aimed while slowly moving ADS shooting in RO2 than games I listed above, does this make my point clear?

In sniper ghost warrior, some mp map is much smaller than RO2's yet with adjustable zoom rate scope and closer distance, hitting the exact desired spot is much harder than RO2.

Someone above me explained it quite well about how real shooting is about all the fore and rear iron sight misalignment (cos shooter is moving human not robot), and the amount of power of triggering finger misplacing a tiny bit but makes much bigger difference in longer distance, how it's alsmost impossible to focus on distant target for a long time, which RO2 somehow shows with very insignificant sway and insignificant holding breath function.

Most (AA3, GRAW2, SGW) has this kind of inaccuracy not by adopting manaual ironsight alignment, but by deliberately implementing a bit of inaccuracy even when the weapon is fired from rather stable position. (not to mention you'll get less accurate shot when you fire from standing or moving ADS.)

So, in most other games, if you shoot from slowly moving ADS (i.e. ghost recon advanced warfighter 2, sniper ghost warrior pc mp, AA3 is really hard ot hit accurately) it's really hard to shoot 50m target headshot by first bullet like RO2.

All I wanted to say was FPS games more or less realistic than RO2 such as ARMA1, ARMA2, Ghost recon advanced warfighter 2 pc mp, sniper ghost warrior pc mp, cod 4, cod mw2, bfbc2 pc mp, crysis 2 pc mp (latter examples are heavily arcadic yet inaccuracy of weapon in moving ADS wasn't that all time accurate as RO2, I mean if you shoot moving ADS for 50m target, you hit some and miss some, not over 60% unflinching accuracy of somewhat improbable accuracy like RO2.)

Please, go play AA3, GRAW2 pc mp, sniper ghost warrior pc mp, BFBC2 pc mp for at least more than 3 hours try slow moving ADS standing shot to accurately hit the exact desired spot you aimed, see if it happens almost everytime like RO2 and come back and tell me RO2's shooting sequence is harder and more inaccurate than games I listed.

Even though the basic rifles back then are more accurate than any of modern rifles, slowing moving standing human is not workbench that can pull off over 60% unflinching headshot accuracy in 50m away targets, this easily like RO2.

Please.

At this point, I really wanna bring some great sniper ghost warrior pc mp player youtuber, mauricio bandit? was his ID, I played against him once, and he was really outstanding, and let him play RO2, and let him tell what he think about RO2's all time very accurate firing system.

Oh, dear god.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All the things you say are perfectly valid and very important for good shooting in real life. However, it's very difficult to model sight alignment in-game, or proper trigger pull with a mouse. Breath has been modeled into the game, as I've said. Right clicking just brings the gun up to your shoulder and has you look down the sights, shift-zoom is your breath control. You can hear your character holding his breath, gasping for air, and then taking a deep breath every few seconds that actually throws your aim off. Depth of field is modeled, and your front sights begin to blur after a few seconds if you have it turned on (I don't for performance reasons.). And if you stand, ADS, and wait 5 seconds you'll notice the sway kicks in in a big way.

The problem that I think you guys are running into is that combat is so fast and frantic that these things don't -matter-. Nobody stands out in the open for 5 seconds without getting their nipples shot off. Most people who are aiming down their sights for long periods are doing it braced from cover, or prone in the bushes. Most people aren't aiming down the sights for more than a few seconds at a time otherwise.

Simply put, these things are in-game, but they don't affect gameplay because the CQC nature of most maps.

Is it reasonable that you, as as competent shooter, could land a 100m shot on a man-sized (or even helmet-sized) target from braced or prone with a reasonable degree of success? That seems to be the default shooting situation in RO2. It's not laser accuracy, the game is operating under the assumption that your shooter is reasonably capable and is handling the trickier bits of shooting for you. It could -try- to model these things with goofy mechanics, but it's immersion breaking and less realistic to have drunken sway and piss-poor reflexes for trained combat soldiers.

I think his point is that the game doesn't model many things that make real shooting difficult, not that they should necessarily apply in every case. Representing imprecision in sight alignment and trigger pull would be as simple as adding some degree of deviation, but in RO2 if you put your sight over someone you are guaranteed a hit, which isn't realistic. There's no chance that you were off in your sight alignment and miss by a foot on a 300yd shot, no chance that you jerked the gun when you pulled the trigger, no chance of the recoil driving the barrel up ever so slightly during the shot. It feels less like a gun and more like a laser pointer.

Upvote 0