• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Abomination is boring af

GrooveSan

Aug 30, 2015
Hans, Patty and King FP all have unique attacks, and make players to perform various tactics to beat them. And the only tactic you need to take down the Abomination is the S+Shift+mouse_button_1 (even on hoe). When the Abomination is spawned, I am getting so bored it makes me want to just quit the game. It really needs some rework, pl0x TWI

More than the Abomination however, I think the King Fleshpound should definitely get a revamp.

I never, and I mean I TRULY NEVER died to this boss. I don't exactly know how he could improve... Maybe hit a little bit harder? Or be faster... Both?! I think he should behave somewhat like the Tank from Left 4 Dead : a simple yet effective threat that can clearly punish you by raw damage.

Either that or maybe make him spawn clots rather than QPs? I know he's the KING Fleshpound, but he would probably be scarier if you suddenly couldn't escape his wrath.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2333932 said:
More than the Abomination however, I think the King Fleshpound should definitely get a revamp.

I never, and I mean I TRULY NEVER died to this boss. I don't exactly know how he could improve... Maybe hit a little bit harder? Or be faster... Both?! I think he should behave somewhat like the Tank from Left 4 Dead : a simple yet effective threat that can clearly punish you by raw damage.

Either that or maybe make him spawn clots rather than QPs? I know he's the KING Fleshpound, but he would probably be scarier if you suddenly couldn't escape his wrath.

Would be cool if he could throw things at you instead of the laser.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
I actually really like the Abomination because he is a boss I always know I can beat...he's definitely a lot easier than some of the others. I guess I'm not the greatest at the game if I think the King Fleshpound can be hard to beat, but sometimes it's nice to have a break from the Patriarch and Hans with the Abomination when playing on higher difficulties.

Upvote 0
To throw my two cents about the Abomination (since the topic is about him after all), I actually find him stupidly hard at times. Not overly so, he's actually more annoying that truly challenging, but it can really become dangerous to drag the fight for too long.

THE AMOUNT OF MINES HE CAN LAY , HOLY ****.

Not to mention the legions of gooey zeds he can spawn. The Abomination is certainly the best example of a boss that seeks to overwhelm you... Which in itself is not half-bad. But the fact that he's very tanky, also forces you to run and funnels you with his mines... It can get infuriating quickly.

I guess I'm rambling more than anything, but my point is basically that I don't find the Abomination AS BAD as most players, nor as easy to defeat. But he's definitely cheap.

Reactions: Dr. Lethal
Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2333958 said:
To throw my two cents about the Abomination (since the topic is about him after all), I actually find him stupidly hard at times. Not overly so, he's actually more annoying that truly challenging, but it can really become dangerous to drag the fight for too long.

THE AMOUNT OF MINES HE CAN LAY , HOLY ****.

Not to mention the legions of gooey zeds he can spawn. The Abomination is certainly the best example of a boss that seeks to overwhelm you... Which in itself is not half-bad. But the fact that he's very tanky, also forces you to run and funnels you with his mines... It can get infuriating quickly.

I guess I'm rambling more than anything, but my point is basically that I don't find the Abomination AS BAD as most players, nor as easy to defeat. But he's definitely cheap.

That's some good feedback. I, too, find that his mines do a crap ton of damage and get everywhere. The best way I've found to fight him is to try not to cover the same ground twice, but lead him on a merry chase around different areas of the map instead. That way, you don't run over his mines. Oh, and do NOT try to chase behind him if he's going after someone else on the team...just don't. That gas is something awful.

Upvote 0
BombasticMime;n2334019 said:
How about getting his morbidly obese carcass airborne and have him terrorize people by flying around and strafing everyone with his putrescent attacks? Maybe also give him dive bomb haymaker by landing on some poor soul like a ton of ****.

Lol I can't tell if you're joking or not, but that would be funny af to see in-game.

Upvote 0
I think he misses a voice , to trashtalk us like Hans and Patty do. He feels souless, his animation have no visual clarity you often have no idea what part of body he moved.

I think adding more attacks , like a chain-hook that could grab players and pull him towards him ( other players would have to shoot the chain to break it ), and make him spam green clots LESS less many. Because they are not a fun gameplay experience for non medic/zerkers.

Oh and idea to throw his axe is a good one,he could be slower but have more ranger abillities.

Perhaps adding a ooze/greenslime "Armor" to nearby friendly ZEDs to boost them up a bit

Upvote 0
No wait, .... i got the solution!

How about making the Abomination deal with the players the same way he deals with the hapless Zeds? That's right [shudder], he eats you. You pass through his digestive tract and then come out of his ghastly buttocks like a human turd , physically wounded and psychologically scarred for life! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2333932 said:
More than the Abomination however, I think the King Fleshpound

Right now, the Patriarch seems like a punishment if you get him on that hoe map you need to finish. Not in the sense it's impossible to beat him, but he has so many attacks that can one-shot someone if they're not in the immediate vicinity of serious cover. I saw him take out half the team with a single attack there was no way to dodge in the way we were spread out on the map. Hans is cool, no bull**** rockets, instead with grenades that can be outrun but that can take out the whole team if you don't. He's really fast. Now, as you say the King Fleshpound has a serious issue. While he spawns a lot of QPs, the boss himself doesn't feel like much of a threat if you have a berserker in your team. As long as someone can block him, you're done. He has no attacks that can kill anyone at a range or instakills, which makes him feel very different from Patriarch and Hans. You crouch and you survive, and as long as the sound cue hits in time (it sometimes lags causing him to beam before you heard it) you're done. Abomination, however, is incredibly annoying. Every time you get him you're almost guaranteed to win, but it takes a while to take him down, and those oozes are so annoying. You need to expend ammo just to take out the oozes and mines along the way, and that only makes the fight long. It's an easy win but takes sooo long. I have seen the entire team drop on hoe maps against abomination where I'm the only one left alive, but even then, totally alone you can take him out by just sprinting away, collecting ammo and avoiding oozes, it just takes half an hour to get enough ammo. I hear he is going to see a remake.

Upvote 0