• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Abomination is boring af

Whitest Wolf;n2334182 said:
As long as someone can block him, you're done.

So is that the secret to beating the King Fleshpound? Parrying/blocking his melee? I mean, anyone can do that by just switching to their melee weapon - doesn't have to be a berserker, right? I'm just asking because good ol' KP does tend to give me a lot of trouble, whether I'm soloing him or on a team.

Also, is blocking very effective on the Hans and Patriarch melee attacks? They attack so fast that it would be hard to switch to a melee weapon, but their melee attacks hurt so freaking much that I need some way to deal with them.

Musicaholic800;n2334415 said:
Fatty can call spawn a horde of bloats and can now grab bloats to throw behind or at agile mercenaries.

First, LOL @ "Fatty", and second, I'm surprised they didn't give him this ability from the start. I mean, he is basically a giant bloat, so it would make more sense for him to spawn those rather than the little poopy zed things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
GigaBowserX;n2334481 said:
Will this disable stat progression/XP and things like that? I'd just like to know what I'm getting into.

nope.avi
It will be like playing the normal game but with new content.
Only thing it will do is delete any custom map you had installed (so you will have to install them back in) and maybe characters cosmetic choice getting reset back to default... Altho i havent had this happen this preview build so it should fine.
​​​​​
​​​​

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2334483 said:
nope.avi
It will be like playing the normal game but with new content.
Only thing it will do is delete any custom map you had installed (so you will have to install them back in) and maybe characters cosmetic choice getting reset back to default... Altho i havent had this happen this preview build so it should fine.
​​​​​
​​​​

Hm, I have a whole ton of custom maps installed, so that would be quite the setback to have to re-download them all...but you said that didn't happen to you this time? Or did you just mean that the characters' cosmetics didn't reset?

Upvote 0
GigaBowserX;n2334419 said:
So is that the secret to beating the King Fleshpound?
  • Just run away when he rages. Some perks can kite him indefinitely, slowly whittling his health down in the process.
  • Attack between his attacks, making sure to give yourself enough time to run before his next attack reaches you.
  • His spin attack moves him forward the most, so if you see him winding that one up sprint in the opposite direction- you can avoid it if you move quick enough.
  • When/if he does smack you, don't panic and don't attack. First make some space, then unload into his face.
  • When he rages again pick up your feet and get rolling again.
  • His shield is basically a health extension, but he does pick up a new chest laser move around that time. Crouching under it avoids it completely and gives you time to continue damaging him.
  • While doing all of this remember that the quarterpounds spawn depending on his remaining health. Prioritize them and don't blindly focus on the boss- you don't want them around when you're busy avoiding the King's enraged attacks.

Upvote 0
Thanks! Didn't know you could comment on posts like this. A couple of other questions real quick: If I back up my custom maps folder, I could just paste that back in and get my custom maps back after opting in for the beta, right? Also, does opting into the beta make it so you can only play with players who have also opted into it? Or can you still play with the normal peeps, too?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tips! I've tried kiting him indefinitely as fast movement speed perks like gunslinger or berserker, but it's kinda dangerous to do that sometimes (the reason being that I have sprint set to "toggle," which works great except for when I need to crouch under the laser, which he sometimes actually uses even when he doesn't have his shield up yet. I have to hold still in order for the "toggle" sprint to go away and then hit the crouch button, which I sometimes don't manage to pull off). Anyway, what if I'm playing as a perk that doesn't have a movement speed boost? Will blocking take the edge off of his melee attacks, or is it pretty much useless to block against him?

Last edited:
Upvote 0