• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics A tip against German bias

It's called anecdotal evidence, in general anecdotal evidence of any kind tends not to provide proper proof of something; so everyone's personal experience is on the same level elevated from reality.

Exactly! Thats why his experience on its own isnt any more evidence. Win and Loose statistics are bugged. That is a fact deriving from personal anecdotes of a lot of Players. Together they can at least give a clue on what is the truth.
I remember having an Ungodly amount of lost games after 100 hour. Played 90 RS but somehow had hundreds of lost Matches in RoH2 and only a few won. Strange right?
Well might just be me unless.... Dozent of other Players Report that ;) it gets more likely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One could argue that your statements of "I've seen Allies win as many games as Axis" are also anecdotal. The stats are bugged, and there is no way of knowing the global ratio of win/lose for each side. Hence, the discussion is m00t.

The only ones with the stats are probably TWI, and personally I hope they implement more balancing based on what they see. The balance should not be so fragile that one or two veteran players always joining one side could completely throw it off.

A situation where one team is completely blocked from the first few objectives can surely be no fun for either side. A good game is one where the defenders manage to defend the last objectives in a last stand, not a stupid turkey shoot, something which happens way to often at Commisars, Bridges, ROF.

Upvote 0
Well you can't balance having a a commander that is not performing good on a map like Bridges for example. Or having a bad tank. Or having a squad leaders who are never alive. I usually try and play on the losing side as winning easy gives me no satisfaction and trying to bring a losing team up is much more pleasureable. But from my experience the games are really ~50/50 and not german biased. Some campaignes germans get destroyed fast and sometimes russians get the same. All you need is 1 or 2 decent players on the other team and you could change a lot.

Upvote 0
Yesterday i played a campaign where the germans lost every map... 5 games and it was over....
Gumrak, Grain elevator and Fallen Fighters openend my eyes just how flawed they are.
Not in a sense that that Axis cant win but in a sense that 3 good players(all the allies had...3 dudes with experience) on russian side can dominate the map.
At gumrak i cant complain much. Even after playing it like 20 Times i still dont get what tripwire was going for.
Grain elevator was painful. A good ally sl just got behind it and russian mgs and pssh just destroyed our team.
Fallen Fighters was hopeless. 1 good sniper and better tank defeated us.
Rest of the maps werent that bad but it was strange to See maps beeing so Rushed in a Game like roh2?
RS is called a meatgrinder and less Strategic but the truth is that i have never Seen RS maps were one side was overrun so badly on defense.
Also we had dudes who where level 83 or even 95 getting 3 kills at grain elevator??? How does that happen?:D

One thing i like though about RS and roh2 is just how Versatile the Game is.
I too noticed German bias when i played it the First time and RS had a huge ally bias when it came out but now I(!) feel its the opposite. Best Players play russian (smg flanking) and japanese (smg or knee mortars)mostly now.
On bridges i still See the German bias but maybe thats it because russian veterans cant use the ppsh and flank effectivly there

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes a lot of maps in Campaign are Allied biased in HoS, even Bridges if it has a good tanker. This is if both teams are relatively equal in experience and in teamwork.

For RS it's worse as the Japanese have to coordinate greatly and with spot-on teamwork and communicating commander if they want to win, while the Americans hardly require such a thing. Add to that the completely unrealistic 8 or 9 SMGs for Japanese and you have an awkward game. Besides, the flamethrower is really annoying and straight up overpowered, with crappy overarching hit detection that gets you even behind walls and cover and with easy use indoors & no risk whatsoever to the user. Plus, the Americans get too many (like 4) and they can use them on defense as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I swear I am *this* close to just uninstalling RO2 now, after x number of game with complete Axis dominance. Seems every good player and clan player just joins Axis by default, runs around toting a Mkb, Mp40 or MG34 ramboing, on maps that are heavily biased towards Axis already.

On the most popular maps, Allies are forced to through constant tight chokepoints where the Axis have learned every trick in the book to stop them. Most maps where Allies attack are lost already on the first or second cap zones. Ref. Commisars, Bridges, RedOctober, Rakowice, Apartments.

The game is turning into a turkey shoot for Axis fanboys, with the rest left on Allies side as meat for the grinder. It is not fun for anyone but the guys who only play axis.

This is what will kill RO2, not lack of updates or lack of new content.

</frust>

Upvote 0
Yes a lot of maps in Campaign are Allied biased in HoS, even Bridges if it has a good tanker. This is if both teams are relatively equal in experience and in teamwork.

For RS it's worse as the Japanese have to coordinate greatly and with spot-on teamwork and communicating commander if they want to win, while the Americans hardly require such a thing. Add to that the completely unrealistic 8 or 9 SMGs for Japanese and you have an awkward game. Besides, the flamethrower is really annoying and straight up overpowered, with crappy overarching hit detection that gets you even behind walls and cover and with easy use indoors & no risk whatsoever to the user. Plus, the Americans get too many (like 4) and they can use them on defense as well.
Yes.
However, most veterans of RS like myself play mostly Axis. Americans dominated RS when it came out but it made them boring. Thats why the japanese have a chance at all. HOWEVER you are right. Atacking the americans is pretty suicidal on all maps but Hanto, Guadalcanal and Maggothill.
:D:D

Upvote 0
Man people getting serious over here, with uninstalling and stuff. I dont know, people say "All good players join axis". In my immense humbleness, I consider myself one of those players only I usually join the team that has problems, as stomping in 5 min is not fun in my book ( even if I still lose, I find it more rewarding to lose in 15-25 min games than win in 5-10 min games just rushing ). In my experience a lot of the better players play Allies and sometimes I see them on Axis if axis are having a hard/harder time. I just never see this perceived bias towards the germans. I mean besides Bridges, which is usually just solved by having a decent commander and a good tank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After not playing RO2 for a few months now, I figured I'd get back into it this past weekend. I guess I haven't lost my touch:
Spoiler!

^ Came into the game late and was the first time I played that map...... and playing a lot on Bot Servers didn't seem to affect my ability to handle humans :cool:

All of this stuff regarding why people choose Germans or Russians, I don't get it and I don't fit in either category.

Do I prefer the Germans or the Russians?

I prefer neither.

What I prefer is picking the attacking team on each map because I prefer using my offensive tactics over defensive. So depending on the map, I will either play German or I'll play Russian.

However, if teams are unbalanced, I pick the side that has less players as the above shows.

I don't generally care what weapon I have. All I need is one bullet to go in the right spot.

In the above match, I played as Squad Leader, but the last half of the match I switched to AT Class and used the AT Rifle for long range shots, dropped several players in a row with a TT33 and with one Satchel Charge against a PIV (plus a few PIV's with the ATR)

In a defensive position, I feel out of my element as I sit waiting for the enemy to come to me and have to hold inside the objective. As an attacker, I get to choose how, when and where I approach the objective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
^ Is that the games on net server? It's generally pretty easy to do well on that server, it's usually full of new people.

*shrugs* I dunno, I just jumped into it without looking. I checked the ping, it had players, I hopped in.

It was in Australia mind you.

But there were certainly a few good players on there.

Upvote 0
*shrugs* I dunno, I just jumped into it without looking. I checked the ping, it had players, I hopped in.

It was in Australia mind you.

But there were certainly a few good players on there.
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's the games on net one in Australia, it's limited to 48 people. That may be but it's generally full of new people and is a realism server. Aus/NZ is way harder :p

Upvote 0
I always go German!

Sexy Uniforms
Whiny German Kid Voice
Can be Ninjas in Winter Maps
! Oooh yes! :D
Personal interest in German Military & Weapons

Sometimes I join late and have to go Russian though :(

I will say though, I have preference for the PPSH-41 over the MP40.
There is nothing more badass than a German Hero with a PPSH, and it's simply the best for CQB. Since I always play German using the PPSH is great at creating confusing & staying hidden when behind enemy lines.

Also, I believe the SVT-40 is superior to the G41. The Magazine reload + More Precise Ironsights and I swear it has less recoil. Though TBH both the SEMI-AUTOS are more or less the - SAME.

Though... there is something symbolic & nice about shooting a german.. damn conditioning!

Upvote 0