• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics A tip against German bias

TovarishTony

Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2014
Because there are times that many people ended up stacking axis due to variety of reasons e.g. better weapons,badass uniforms,German language,map unbalanced,etc we should have challenges to stand against German bias by playing as the Soviets in the right way as I noticed some Soviet players play like Germans even if they are the attacking team. Some tips from a Soviet player

1. As an attacker with some exceptions, Get as close to the enemy as you can and not a sniper,machine gunner or any support role. SLs smoke and if ever theres an enemy machine gun or enemy strong point then try to flank them out as axis veterans love to do that tactic causing spawn traps in some maps. Scream URA and charge at the enemy while you forget about your KD ratio as a victory is even more satisfying than defeat without a fight

2. As a defender practice Ni shagu nazad as there are maps where Soviets as defenders but they ended up camping behind cap as some German MG mowing them down where some examples are Grain Elevator where riflemen stay at the upper floors even B and C are still around and Mamayev Kurgan where they camp outside cap resulting of losing the cap. You can retreat if situation permits to e.g. low tickets,last life,enemy artillery,spawn protection,etc.

3. As a Soviet Squad Leader try be more aggressive in order to boost morale for your squad mates which you may help the team already even though this method requires luck,skill,situation awareness and flanking to maximize the benifit.

4. Stop playing Apartments most of the time as far as I read this was the map where the Soviets won the most as it will only degrade your skills on large maps the game offered such as Commissars house,Mamayev Kurgan,Bridges of Druzhina,etc

5. Befriend with the not so known Soviet weapons and learn how to use them as I noticed many people would prefer to use the MP40 over the PPSh-41 because of strong recoil and the PPSh-41 did initially suck due to the 35 round magazine but it starts to shine once you get the drum magazine as this is the real deal and it can turn the tables even fritzes with Mkb 42s due to its high rate of fire once you learned how to control and exploit its recoil. If you are still learning with the PPSh-41 you can use PPS-42 as alternative although my personal preference is the PPSh-41 and once you learned how to use PPSh-41 then you can use it even in mixed map like Rakowice,Spartanovka,Mamayev Kurgan,Myshkova River,Pavlov's house,etc

6. Soviet riflemen should capture German weapons that are useful specifically MP40,MG34 and Mkb 42 as these said weapons are causing people to play exclusively as Axis most of the time and also historical accuracy as Soviet soldiers used captured weapons. You may need to level up some German weapons as well as you will need it when you play as a Hero if you want to use a German gun specfically the 250 round belt of the MG34

7. Turn your NATIVE Voices in the options on as I heard on youtube that Soviet voices sound like wimps as the Russian language is as badass the German language as that one of the reasons why some people exclusively play as Axis.

8. Fight to the death even when losing as I said at number 2 Ni shagu nazad as its better to die after achieving something rather than cowardice hiding at some room in the NCO Barracks or even worse the administration building.

9. You would rather hear this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBM-EIZKF_Y as a victory song instead of the German one as its more satisfying to do so give you the feeling that you are Hero of the Soviet Union.

More tips soon and good hunting as we will all be Heroes of the Soviet Union for such bravery against the huge amount of German bias in the game!

All great tips, however I fail to see this AXIS bias that use to come up a lot on this forum. I am much like you as I prefer Soviets and enjoy doing all of the things you posted above. I play a mixture of US / UK / AUS / and Russian servers and feel that the scales are fairly even on all of these.
Try to play in maps where Axis has the advantage with Bridges of Druzhina being the best example where the newcomers hated that map.

Upvote 0
Lately I never saw germans beeing Vastly superior to Russians.
All those crazy *** 1500 Hour veterans Seem to mostly play Russians.
You are right that most of these guys dont use russian weapons (this just Shows the riddiculousnes of beeing able to us enemies weapons at Hero level).
Playing Russians i never encountered a German player who played a huge Part by himself. Beeing German it Drives me insane to play against those super humans even after 700 hours (mostly RS though).
I get most kills on a map sometimes but only when those Russians arent around.
One guy of 2fjg actually got 19 kills in a 8 Minute match..... Which he was afk blocking an important Spot for 5 minutes. He literally played only start and end of the Match dominating the Start with 14 kills (German mg used...) an 5 kills in the last Minute.
Or ACE who just Popps out of nowwhere using the German smg pistol getting 90 kills on Factory without ever fighting on distance.... Insane!
And dont let me get started on the russian Server Players. Many people avoid it due to the rumor that many Russians cheat but there are still a lot of awesome Players on tht Servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I play almost exclusively Allies, mostly because they seem to lose every gddamn map and I like a challenge. It gets frustrating for sure, but it feels so good when you finally nail a win on Bridges or ROF or Commisars... takes teamwork, timing and a bit of luck. The luck mostly involves not having those 50+ kills axis players on the opposite side...

The problem I have with axis-stackers is mostly a lot of these guys are veterans, really good players, and they still choose to stack the side with no challenge whatsoever. I just don't get it.

Where's the fun in camping in the woods on Bridges with an MG34 and knowing you don't need to do anything else to win? Where's the fun mowing down endless waves of suicidal Russian assaults on Commisars House or Red October? I just can't get into that mindset - if a map is too easy to win for one side always play the underdog, take a challenge for once.

Upvote 0
I play almost exclusively Allies, mostly because they seem to lose every gddamn map and I like a challenge. It gets frustrating for sure, but it feels so good when you finally nail a win on Bridges or ROF or Commisars... takes teamwork, timing and a bit of luck. The luck mostly involves not having those 50+ kills axis players on the opposite side...

The problem I have with axis-stackers is mostly a lot of these guys are veterans, really good players, and they still choose to stack the side with no challenge whatsoever. I just don't get it.

Where's the fun in camping in the woods on Bridges with an MG34 and knowing you don't need to do anything else to win? Where's the fun mowing down endless waves of suicidal Russian assaults on Commisars House or Red October? I just can't get into that mindset - if a map is too easy to win for one side always play the underdog, take a challenge for once.
Exactly just that i never Seen this with the Axis.
In most games I play it always coward russian veterans. Never balancing so Axis have a Chance to.
Im from Europe so maybe that is the difference?

Upvote 0
That's so not true. That's probably just a very biased view because you lose a lot. I play on Deliverance/Last stand/ 40-1 and a lot of the time I see russians being more stacked and I even see the same players ( who are pretty good from their showings ) play rus all the time. In terms of winning I never see this axis dominance that people claim.

Upvote 0
That's so not true. That's probably just a very biased view because you lose a lot. I play on Deliverance/Last stand/ 40-1 and a lot of the time I see russians being more stacked and I even see the same players ( who are pretty good from their showings ) play rus all the time. In terms of winning I never see this axis dominance that people claim.

Same Servers same experiences! Play 2fjg too but it isnt much different!

I played russian Servers too because they play my favourite maps more often and just like me hate tank maps but after encountering 6-10 Clan guys on the Russian Site several Times i gave up. Half of a team using Teamspeak is just not beatable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Like I said I don't know what servers you guys play on or if you just have such a hard-on for playing Axis that you don't notice you always win. I play 99% Allies and usually end up at the top 5 on the scoreboard.

HNQA01b.jpg

But maybe I'm just a ****ty player...

Upvote 0
Like I said I don't know what servers you guys play on or if you just have such a hard-on for playing Axis that you don't notice you always win. I play 99% Allies and usually end up at the top 5 on the scoreboard.

Ya'll have to take into account the bug with the loss rates, quite alot (if not all) of players have had 10,000+ matches added to their stats, and all of them as losses.

Upvote 0

HNQA01b.jpg

We just wrote which servers :confused::confused:
Last three campaigns I played on a TWB server the russians won.
I believe you loosing a lot with allies cause it happens too. There will never just one side stomping the other on all servers but it is your personal exxperience and we stated that our personal experience is the opposite ;)

Upvote 0
And I'm saying your "personal experience" has nothing to do with reality.

TWI need to do more balancing and nerf, and possibly remove the worst Axis weapons like Mkb and MG34, that are just abused to destroy the game for the rest of us. Certainly the ability to insta-fire the MG from sprint needs to be removed, and people should be unable to sprint at all while using MG34.

If this continues RO will just be a game for the Axis-fanboys and since no-one will want to play Allies it will just die.

I really hope your '88' stands for your birthyear, by the way... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sure... if the nerfs for the MG34 also get implemented for the Sovjet MG... remove the MG34... yeah remove the Standart MG of the Wehrmacht... does great for realism... and for the MkB... then the germans have only 1 Weapon in the Elite_assault class (until hero) while the Russians have in every submachine gun armed class 2... and the AVT as Veteran unlock... i've seen sovjets win... i've seen Axis win... in both cases close or with a great differences... i've seen it that the axis team had nearly no chance against the Sovjet team even on Bridges... so maybe some tweaking is neaded but as far as i have seen it isn't as bad as you say it is

Last edited:
Upvote 0