• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics A tip against German bias

I always go German!

Sexy Uniforms
Whiny German Kid Voice
Can be Ninjas in Winter Maps
! Oooh yes! :D
Personal interest in German Military & Weapons

Sometimes I join late and have to go Russian though :(

I will say though, I have preference for the PPSH-41 over the MP40.
There is nothing more badass than a German Hero with a PPSH, and it's simply the best for CQB. Since I always play German using the PPSH is great at creating confusing & staying hidden when behind enemy lines.

Also, I believe the SVT-40 is superior to the G41. The Magazine reload + More Precise Ironsights and I swear it has less recoil. Though TBH both the SEMI-AUTOS are more or less the - SAME.

Though... there is something symbolic & nice about shooting a german.. damn conditioning!
Pretty ironic. As a German I am not having this kind of cultural Indoctrination. I dont care who I shoot in a Game-no special feelings.
Anyway I think we only had one supporter of the Axis stacking theory in here right? :D
I have to say though that there is at least one server where Regularly a Clan {merc.} joins and they all go Axis to train against public players.
I have witnessed it a few times now and the Server is mostly full when I play so I get it if the regular Players on that Servers get that feeling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pretty ironic. As a German I am not having this kind of cultural Indoctrination. I dont care who I shoot in a Game-no special feelings.
Anyway I think we only had one supporter of the Axis stacking theory in here right? :D
I have to say though that there is at least one server where Regularly a Clan {merc.} joins and they all go Axis to train against public players.
I have witnessed it a few times now and the Server is mostly full when I play so I get it if the regular Players on that Servers get that feeling.

Should be noted that the {MERC} guys are all from Germany. Never surprised to see all the dudes from Russia or with [RUS] tags playing on the Russian side either...

Upvote 0
I wonder if TWI have stats that show how much often one team wins on a map across the entire server list. I know games like Project Reality have that stat and it helps them balance their maps. I guess the issue would be that sometimes maps play out with bots instead of real players so it wouldn't be that useful.

I recall them saying that they do, and that they also use that info to balance maps where possible; as well as indicating where real players are.

Although I'm not sure what their stance is on sharing such things.

Upvote 0
Personally, I have found there is very little in the way of Axis bias, in saying that, I think there are some things that are very silly (Not just about Axis bias, but the game itself.

1. Mkb 42
Why is this in the game? Not to mention how grossly overpowered it is, they came into service AFTER the battle of Stalingrad. There is no equivalent on the Russian side, it's silly. Instead of adding weapons that weren't in Stalingrad, Italian, Hungarian, and earlier production German SMGs could be added.

2. Mg34, machine guns in general
This weapon doesn't need to be nerfed. It performs perfectly as is. However, machine guns themselves need something of an overhaul. Machineguns could be fired from the shoulder, and often were. Both the MG34 and DP28. Obviously, firing a machinegun from the shoulder would present somewhat difficult recoil to control (especially in the MG34 with it's high rate of fire). Furthermore, the hipfire of both machine guns needs to be nerfed somewhat, if shoulder-firing was brought in.

3. Map balance
Map balance is subjective and Dependant totally on the people making up the teams.
Bridges can be an incredibly difficult map to attack, if your team is awful. But if you tankers and SLs a good, it's easy enough. It's hard to accurately determine whether or not a map is biased (which is moot in any case because in Campaigns, both sides can defend or attack almost any map.

All in all, I find the axis bias isn't there. It's *very* subjective on whether it exists at all. Obviously the Mkb 42 is retarded.

Upvote 0
For the first one and a half years of playing RO2 I used to notice the axis stacking even before I even heard about it being a thing. I wanted to play the game as axis more than as Russians because of my personal interest in them, but I found out that getting to the German team without unbalancing the teams was quite rare and so I "had" to play Russians most of the time. For the last year I've been noticing people stacking to the defending team whether it's axis or allied and so I get to play the German team some more now. I nearly always get into the attacking team which I'd prefer anyways. The only exception to this rule are Russian servers where people mostly seem to stack on the Russian side. I also side the claim that most experienced players seem to select the allied team.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally, I have found there is very little in the way of Axis bias, in saying that, I think there are some things that are very silly (Not just about Axis bias, but the game itself.

1. Mkb 42
Why is this in the game? Not to mention how grossly overpowered it is, they came into service AFTER the battle of Stalingrad. There is no equivalent on the Russian side, it's silly. Instead of adding weapons that weren't in Stalingrad, Italian, Hungarian, and earlier production German SMGs could be added.

2. Mg34, machine guns in general
This weapon doesn't need to be nerfed. It performs perfectly as is. However, machine guns themselves need something of an overhaul. Machineguns could be fired from the shoulder, and often were. Both the MG34 and DP28. Obviously, firing a machinegun from the shoulder would present somewhat difficult recoil to control (especially in the MG34 with it's high rate of fire). Furthermore, the hipfire of both machine guns needs to be nerfed somewhat, if shoulder-firing was brought in.

All in all, I find the axis bias isn't there. It's *very* subjective on whether it exists at all. Obviously the Mkb 42 is retarded.

There are more "retarded" guns in the game that don't fit the era (PPS 42), weren't used (nagant silenced) or are actually grossly overpowered (the BAR). I don't really care anymore, the more guns the better. Besides, it has expanded past Stalingrad itself.

The MkB really isn't overpowered, don't know where that comes from. Maybe only compared to the AVT, which shouldn't actually be in the game at all (auto fire was prohibited as to not self-destroy the rifle within a few shots).

As for MGs, the MG42 is relatively easy to hipfire it seems in real life as well, just like most others. Don't know about shoulderfire. I can't speak for the DP 27 but the MG34/42 have exaggerated recoil while deployed as well, to balance them out a bit. In reality they would recoil straight back, not up (RO1 pretty much nailed this).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For the first one and a half years of playing RO2 I used to notice the axis stacking even before I even heard about it being a thing. I wanted to play the game as axis more than as Russians because of my personal interest in them, but I found out that getting to the German team without unbalancing the teams was quite rare and so I "had" to play Russians most of the time. For the last year I've been noticing people stacking to the defending team whether it's axis or allied and so I get to play the German team some more now. I nearly always get into the attacking team which I'd prefer anyways. The only exception to this rule are Russian servers where people mostly seem to stack on the Russian side. I also side the claim that most experienced players seem to select the allied team.

That sounds like my opinion! 100%agree
Because of the Sale there is slight Axis stacking again but the real veterans often ally stack. The defense Stack is far more often though!

Upvote 0
IMO Allies have the superior weaponry. Their SMG's are far superior to the MP40 when handled correctly.
I mean sure, the germans have some sweet weaponry like the MKb42 and the LMG's... But let's compare the MKb42 to the AVT40. They both unlock scopes at lvl50, sure, but while the MKb42 is stuck with a tiny 1.5x scope, the AVT40 unlocks a 3.5x scope, effectively giving the E-Assault class the ability to start sniping.
And speaking of sniping, the german snipers are not even close to comparable to the russian snipers. Let's compare.

Kar98S - Steeper bulletdrop than any other sniper rifle, making predictions and planning much more important at longer ranges, making this a slower rifle to handle than the others.

G41S - Slow *** reload times when using the Level 2/3 scope which can be altered, but only when using the Level 1 tiny scope that barely helps.

MN1930S - Nothing really bad about this rifle I guess, except that it's inferior to the SVT40S.

SVT40S - Unlocks a 6x scope at level 2 and a recoil-reducing muzzle brake along with a bayonet at level 3. This is by far the best and my favorite rifle for sniping in RO2.

Anyways to the point. Germans arn't as OP as they think. A good marksman will always best the LMG, and can make winning a game easy.

Upvote 0
I do fairly wonder what is going to happen when HoW is established and more servers are running the mod. Will there be an American bias thread opening or will we stay with the German bias?

As I mentioned in several threads now - as these threads are currently rocketing out of the ground - many players indeed got faking tired of playing as Allies in video games. Not a single FPS allows you to be German in a scripted Singleplayer. They just keep on producing the other perspective over and over again. Ever wondered where this WWII fatigue originates from?

Now about the weapons: I don't know why any weapon should be changed whatsoever. We are playing a realism shooter game, if Germans had belt fed, they had them and as Soviets only fielded the DP28 which pan magazine there is no need to improvise a belt version.

I don't use the dual magazines on the MP40, I stay with the single magazine version as the MP40/II was a myth in my eyes that was produced maybe a 100 times. The MP41 might have been better to implement and the older SMGs as well like MP28 and MP34.

The PPSh is not under rated with box magazine. It's not such an ammo waster this way and keeps controlled fire possible. Sure the magazine is smaller than the drum but still it houses 35 rounds, that are 3 more than the MP40 has.

The G41 indeed is gruesome with its reload, how I wish there was a detachable box magazine, but there is not. I face it and play with it still.

The Mkb42 is nothing else than a MP44/StGw44, no one complained back in CA or Ost, why are there complaints now? Sure that gun is a beast as it is SMG and long range rifle in one package but still it's not op.

Upvote 0
Should be noted that the {MERC} guys are all from Germany. Never surprised to see all the dudes from Russia or with [RUS] tags playing on the Russian side either...

Yeah, the {MERC}enaries are a really good german clan. Mostly they play on german side, but there is also the ~AJ~ clan, which is also from Germany and they play mostly if not nearly exclusivly Soviets as I noticed.

<DON> clan, I think from Russia, is a badass clan too, mostly because it seems they play all in one server at the same time, so not seldom to face 15 or 20 Don's.
Without serious organisation on the german team than - there is no way than.

Depending on where the server stands off course, sometimes Germany or Sovietunion wins in a crushing seria.
Personally I prefer the german side but sometimes I take the soviets if I see that newbies are getting trouble against 50/70's levels of random german team.

Upvote 0

axis stack existed in RO1, it just wasn't as bad seeing as the majority of the player base was experienced. In RO2 it causes most of the newer players to play Russian exclusively, which results in the crapsack state of the game we have now.

Upvote 0
There is still some Axis bias, but it is nowhere near as bad as it used to be when the game first came out. I do think that the MkB can be taken out of the game though (and the ATV can also go, but it will probably be months before anybody notices). It is the only gun in the game that has no comparison. It has all the advantages of both rifles and smg's. Due to the fact that allies can use it as well, it is not a balance issue per se, but rather an annoyance and an historical inaccuracy.

As for now, it really depends on the server. It is pretty frustrating to see ones where the experienced players are stacked in one side or another, and even worse to see that their mid-range players are doing as well as your best. I dont know if auto-balancing based on level would help here.

Upvote 0