• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A simplistic approach to buffing Survivalist

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
I know there are probably a dozen or two threads suggesting full re-worked (I believe I did one or 2 at some point, as well here).

The perk is HOE viable in its current state in my opinion, but only with specific builds.

This can be said somewhat for other perks, but moreso with Survivalist.

While derping around a bit yesterday a thought came to mind, which may have already been suggested - why not just enhance some of the current perk skill options a bit to make them more useful?

Level 5 - instead of picking one set of perks or the other for faster reload, why not just pick between global reload speed increase vs large magazines/increased ammo pools?

Level 10 - when picking medic training maybe also give the ability to poison zeds with your healing darts along with healing yourself when healing teammates <taking a bit more from the medic skill tree>

when picking the melee expert maybe give a nerfed version of the zerker level 15 parry skill? reduce damage by 25% and buff melee damage by 10 or 15% for 5 seconds? All while keeping the speed buff you already get with the perk?

I honestly don't have much of a problem with the level 15, 20 and level 25 skills, as I switch back and forth as needed depending on my loadout for that game and they seem decent enough to not mess around with.

The changes I suggest for level 5 and 10 will make the perk feel more dynamic in my opinion and would be fairly simple to implement as I'm not asking to recreate anything, just make some alterations to make the perk feel more like the perk its trying to mirror when selecting these options <level 10 skills> or give a real choice based on your preference in the level 5 skills - some people prefer fast reload over ammo and others are completely the opposite.

These changes would create a real choice with a noticeably different feel when playing Survivalist IMO.