• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A simple poll

A simple poll

• Dissapointed / Not satisfied

Votes: 243 43.5%
  • Happy with it

Votes: 316 56.5%

• Total voters
No.

I uninstalled RO:II earlier on this evening. T'will be heading back into RO:I for a few more weeks. RO:II has completely failed in direction. It doesn't know which way to go nor which crowd to please and nor do the developers it seems. Unfortunately, it hasn't triumphed particularly well in either side of the fence.

Upvote 0
I'm happy with the game,I somehow know after all bugs are ironed out,performance is better optimisied, TWI will go back to its roots and make the game more realistic by restoring depth of gameplay and bringing order in it,which it means 85% bolt rifle class and the rest should be auto,semi's.....

Granted, they will undoubtably attend to the first two matters of bugs and performance. However, I have serious concerns over whether they will 'fix' up and return to any form of their roots. Remember that they are 'in the big league now', realism went out of the window some time back. ;)

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I'm a bit disappointed. There's still a chance that it will end well though, but if things continues like on this road, a while from now I'll probably rage-quit and never come back.

It's no huge single thing, it's just the plethora of little things that gnaw at me, chipping away at my patiance.

The worst is that there is no really realistic mode with realistic loadouts, no gps on your team mates, no death cam, no aircraft with x-rays and so on.
Who would it hurt to create a mode where all that is done right for realism?
There's not even any need to create new content!
Secondly there the weapon effeciveness/sway/zoom issue... ah well, I'm just not going to go into that, it's not good for me :(

It's just very frustrating right now, it's so close, and yet.....:mad::(:confused::(:mad:

Upvote 0
I am learning to enjoy the game a little more after the immediate feeling of let down in the first few days.

A lot of bugs have been fixed and the game is a lot more stable.
Anyway i'm still a bit deluded, i can't be 100% happy with a game where every noob could easily score hits from >150 meters where in RO you had to have your weapon rested, possibly prone, you had to compensate for distance and opponent direction and speed and that was not enough...you had to be a good marksman also.

I still hope in an harsher level of realism, more RO1 style.
Otherwise i see myself playing this game for a pair of spare hours every week in the following few months and then waiting for something else or going back to the classic RO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm just approaching this game as a different game than RO1. It's buggy, yes. But cut the bugs and there is a tonne of fun to be had beneath the veil of unlocks and low FPS :p I play with friends and it makes the game exponentially better... I'm not blind to the things that are wrong. Not by a long shot. But RO1... was not in the shape it is now when it was released. RO2 is off to a rocky start and I'm 99% positive TWI will pull their pants up and buckle the belt, making this my own personal GOTY. So. As for now... Ehhh... I can understand the hate. But I'm still having a tonne of fun. So I voted yes, I am satisfied.

Reactions: funymunky
Upvote 0
It's really pointless for me to bother saying at this point, but in case you somehow manage to miss all of my other posts, It's fair to say that I'm very disappointed with this game.

The frustrating thing is that it has so much potential, but its bright spots are heavily marred by CoD-like additions, fantasy weapons and weapon balancing issues, and, most importantly, very poor design decisions regarding game mechanics that all prevent the game from reaching this potential. In the end we have a game that doesn't know what it wants to be, and doesn't deliver all that well on the realism or casual side of game design.

Bugs are one thing that I think TWI will undoubtedly fix. Design decisions, however, tend to be another matter altogether.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did you play RO1? I bought RO1 for DH. I was into flight sims prior, and still am.
I started to play RO1 back in the days it was just a mod.
Actually with the release of DH I played it way more frequently than RO, but thats probably due to the fact that I like the bigger variety of scenery it offers.

Thats actually another point I think Tripwire messed up.
They narrowed themself with the focus on Stalingrad. For me most of the maps kinda feel the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0