• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A loss for words...

Srinidhalaya

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
It is getting very frustrating dealing with the performance issues. Don't get me wrong, I love the game hands down. It is way better than any other FPS to date, and in my opinion, any other FPS on the drawing board as well. It's a beautiful game, with great detail, and an amazing list of features. The map designs are spectacular. Everything about this game is just bad ***....EXCEPT how the devs are handling the performance issue.

NO, I'm not running a 3+ year old rig.
NO, I'm not comparing RO2 to some crap console port.
YES, the devs are blaming me (and others) for expecting too much on a crap machine.

Last I checked, an i7 2600k 3.4ghz, 580gtx 1.5gig, 8 gig RAM @ 1600mhz isn't a crap machine.
Last I checked, it EXCEEDED the recommended specs.

Whats the solution?
Lets take detail out of the maps...
Lets ignore the fact that these high end machines aren't using half of their GPU, or a quarter of their CPU, or even a third of their RAM....
Lets BLAME them and their machines....

I have stuck by TWI's side for some time now. I ignored the nay sayers. I stuck up for them and their indie development company. I spread word of mouth about this title like you wouldn't believe. I got over 10 of my friends to buy this game, who had NO IDEA IT EXISTED.

Now, not just once, BUT TWICE the President has blamed ME, the consumer.

Good luck with that...

You know nothing of what you are talking about, maybe if you researched a bit before you posted maybe you wouldn't be so dumb, Tripwire has said even before release that they KNOW people with amazing hardware are not getting the fps they should be getting and they were looking into that, hell they even invited people who had top of the line machines and had bad frame rates to go to their offices and help them solve it.

Second, those posts about getting a better computer and such are directed to those with very low end computers who can not run the game like any other

Third again post when you know what you are talking about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You know nothing of what you are talking about,

And unfortunately, another symptom of almost all recent shooters being console ports is everyone just cranks there graphics up to Ultra no matter what hardware they have, then come crying to us that the game doesn't run very good on their 3-5 year old hardware.

The message you have posted is too short.

Reactions: Wulffrik
Upvote 0
why is the engine running like crap anyway?

it's a decent looking game but nothing ridiculous, i have UT3 Black Edition and god does that game run smooth.

you know, i bet it's the stupid pieces of paper that float around the place
UT3 is not using the same engine has RO2. UT3 using Unreal engine 3, where RO2 uses a heavily modified Unreal 3.5 engine.
In other words 2007 engine vs late 2010 engine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We are not blaming your computer.

We know we are very CPU bound on slower dual core machines near our min spec. And we are working hard to deal with that issue.

HOWERVER, we are also aware we have an anomaly where some very high end PC's are getting subpar performance. We have so far not been able to reproduce this in the office. We are very aware it exists are are working as hard as we can to track it down, but it is slow going because we cannot get it to happen here in the office.

I'll tell you what, if you are willing, I will pay full shipping plus compensation to get your computer in my office.

Upvote 0
I didn't say that at all. Very few machines are choking on polycount. Most machines with performance problems are CPU bound, but one of the things that isn't helping is the amount of draw calls (IE: the cpu telling the gpu what to do).

But your machine shouldn't be draw bound. It is one of the cases where high end CPU's and GPU's are getting sub par performance, and we don't know why. We cannot reproduce this in our office and would like to examine your machine.

Upvote 0

We know we are very CPU bound on slower dual core machines near our min spec. And we are working hard to deal with that issue.

HOWERVER, we are also aware we have an anomaly where some very high end PC's are getting subpar performance. We have so far not been able to reproduce this in the office. We are very aware it exists are are working as hard as we can to track it down, but it is slow going because we cannot get it to happen here in the office.

I'll tell you what, if you are willing, I will pay full shipping plus compensation to get your computer in my office.

Thank ****en god we have some reason in here, are you guys still going to call me crazy and a lier when I quoted Tripwire them selves and you are saying they never said that? some of you need to grow up.

Reactions: badastle
Upvote 0

semslegit.jpg

Sorry, i couldn't contain myself :eek:

Upvote 0

I live in England, so that's a high risk of damage during the shipment :\

I'll give you a full list of my rig.

as shown in the sig, that is as stands

Running applications are

Microsoft Security Essentials
steam Obviously
Catalyst manager
Razer deathadder application
M audio pre-amp usb application

my OS is

Windows 7 64 bit

If there's anything you'd like me to try, I'd be more than happy to help

Upvote 0
why does it run worse than the older version? is it just polygon count?

That's not how engines and games work, newer versions are always going to run worse then older versions, for example Half Life 1 would run better then Half Life 2, less detail and less effects.

When you have a newer game on a newer engine you have more effects, better quality and more being rendered to use the advantage of new hardware.

Does that explain it well?

Upvote 0

My wife will need a temp replacement computer to game on. It would probably be cheaper to build yourself a duplicate machine, and I can send u the HDD, and use a backup HDD I have in the house.

Last edited:
Reactions: Varlope
Upvote 0