• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A KF irony: Medic = The "Perfect Scrake"?

E(rik)

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
New York
Hullo, people. I just joined the forums and I've had killing floor for a while.

Anyway, I was reading up on the wiki and found this tidbit of info about the Scrake:
The original story behind the Scrake is that it was designed to be the perfect field medic, able to take hideous amounts of pain while working on their patients in the field.
This kinda went over my head, until while reading up on medic, I found this:
Combat Armour normally absorbs roughly 77% of the damage dealt to the player, but being a Medic of a level higher than 0 will yield an armour effectiveness ranging from 84% to 135%. It will not only absorb more damage for the Medic, but will also withstand more punishment before breaking than other classes armour will.
So, the field medic can take lots of damage with armour. Not only this, but the inivative Medic-Needle system does a pretty good job of healing.

So, by the time you reach level 6 medic, you're pretty much...
the perfect field medic, able to take hideous amounts of pain while working on... patients in the field.
BTW, Since I havent really had this game a while, I'm kinda hopeing to find someone willing to play with me, if they wouldnt mind. Perferably with a mic. =P

A new guy.

1st post.

???

everything_went_better_than_expected.jpg

Upvote 0
It happens when gameplay mechanics slip into writing;
You have to make up for medics lack of firepower with other statistics available. And then if you accept that as a universal rule (Medics get shot, so they need damage resistance and speed = a miniboss that has those qualities gets to be called a medic), it makes little sense outside the games context.

Upvote 0
Hullo, people. I just joined the forums and I've had killing floor for a while.

Anyway, I was reading up on the wiki and found this tidbit of info about the Scrake:

This kinda went over my head, until while reading up on medic, I found this:

So, the field medic can take lots of damage with armour. Not only this, but the inivative Medic-Needle system does a pretty good job of healing.

So, by the time you reach level 6 medic, you're pretty much...

indeed! on another note, i notice that the Husks good eye-hand (err.. arm) coordination and superb marksmanship makes me wonder if they were former snipers/sharpshooters.. what you guys think?

Upvote 0
It happens when gameplay mechanics slip into writing;
You have to make up for medics lack of firepower with other statistics available. And then if you accept that as a universal rule (Medics get shot, so they need damage resistance and speed = a miniboss that has those qualities gets to be called a medic), it makes little sense outside the games context.

You make little sense outside the game's context.

Upvote 0
indeed! on another note, i notice that the Husks good eye-hand (err.. arm) coordination and superb marksmanship makes me wonder if they were former snipers/sharpshooters.. what you guys think?
Yes, when I was dead, I was watching my friend running around as medic(mountainpass), the husk hit him right on 15 meter away.

Reactions: Archanghel
Upvote 0

But they're clones. Unless they had sniper experience genetically coded into them or were trained in the labs, they had no other experience it seems.

Also keep in mind they exist to do one thing: Fire balls of fire at people. If you could only walk and shoot fireballs, I imagine you would become an expert at those.

Reactions: Archanghel
Upvote 0
But they're clones. Unless they had sniper experience genetically coded into them or were trained in the labs, they had no other experience it seems.

Also keep in mind they exist to do one thing: Fire balls of fire at people. If you could only walk and shoot fireballs, I imagine you would become an expert at those.

Upvote 0
It would be rather interesting if the scrake had a limited ability to heal his fellow specimens, while cutting up survivors with his saw.

And where the hell is it ever said that Masterson is a clone? The physical manual? Because I've never seen any reference to the story besides map + character descriptions, and trailers by TW.
EVERYONE seems to know that he is, though..

Last edited:
Reactions: Pluberus
Upvote 0