• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics A guide for the Steam Achievements

Von_Mannheim

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Greetings, it comes to mind a few of these are no longer relevant, the Campaign mostly. I ran through on Hero and it was very rough going. In fact I needed to get the Stonewall achievement on the Commissars house mission in order to win the map.

Many are also just "grindy" in nature and setting bots on fire for a few hours on end isn't exactly guide material. Best of luck with those!

I will cover what I considered the "hardest" to get.

Unhatched-
There were two ways I got my kills. One, was on tank maps, hitting a tank with HE every time I saw a commander/driver peek out. It was usually very lethal. The slower but surer way was to sit outside the tank spawn in barashka and hit the commanders as they came into the big mess of buildings.

Tank Gunnery-
Yakovlevo is probably the only if not the best map for this. As a Russian I moved to the middle on the northernmost border of the map, there was a tiny hill there. I could see out well over 3,000. The trouble was getting the Germans to show up there... I recommend getting a friend who also needs this and trading shots.

Tracked-
I futtsed with this one a lot. I tried AT gunner, Engineer, you name it. What worked best was entering a tank map (most have AI) spawning as a German and simply emptying all of my AP rounds onto one track. I believe the achievement is counting a very specific crit on the track. It might be one out of every 10 rounds especially at range to get a tracked counter but keep hitting that same track, it will continue to count. Keep hitting those tracks constantly and don't do it as a Russian I seem to notice splash damage destroying the panzers after a couple shots on the track but T-34s take abuse all day. "Shrug"

Excellence in Gunnery-
Code:
This was done in Gumrak-64 players. The server had bots enabled and they seemed to jam into each other at C. I just had to flank the T-34s and they kept returning to that spot. I ended with over 30 tank kills and the achievement. (I believe I was German, it shouldn't matter. Try to find a server with Gumrak, Bots, and the longest Round Timer you can.

Gardener-
I got this by putting my grenades on Iwo Jima's D Cap on COUNTDOWN mode. I think it was bots I killed but possibly not. Either way, that spot is great and will eventually yield a crop. Heh.

Woody Woodpecker-
Use the gun at the Saipan Sugar Mill. Both players and bots will run into your line of fire, sometimes in such a way 1 round will penetrate into two guys. Be patient, click slowly, get in a zone. I think this is slightly better than the Iwo Jima gun, but do try both.

Bring the Rain-
When I did this it was half by accident. As a Japanese Mortarman, an American suprised me, instead of leaving cover I "spotted" him" with a misclick. I then took out my mortar and got him with a point blank round. We both died, but I got this achievement. Just spot someone before you knee mortar them.

Bringing a Sword to a Sword fight-
Get a friend to help you, if you don't have one, make one. I tried for days to do this in the chaos of serious matches. All I really accomplished was to hurt our team hunting swords, and when I had one ignoring everyone except officers who were possibly going to take the sword out. It's infinitely easier with cooperation, so bribe or intimidate your way.

Banzai Burster-
I notice a lot of Banzai charges on Hanto, I don't know if its just me but this map more often than others. I think that's your best shot, good luck!

If there's any achievement I missed you would like my word on, or something better than my method let me know! :IS2:

Multiplayer achievements are nothing to do with singleplayer achievements. Using server browser filters show campaign mode in multiplayer ;-) which would probably be more accurately defined as Territory

I already unlocked some achievements in singleplayer. The Soviet campaign i find difficult in singleplayer and have only managed to unlock the first Soviet campaign acvhievement. You just need to win the round which may sound obvious but some folks have posted here saying they do not unlock probably due to them going on to next round without actually achieving a win on previous rounds.
I know that is what i thought first time round after completing campaign until going back and starting again...

Is it coincidence the higher the Soviet campaign number the less amount of people have unlocked them? ref:http://steamcommunity.com/stats/RedOrchestra2/achievements/ OOPs my bad those are the multiplayer achievements. I read somewhere on these forums it all has to do with B4 reset and sadly the achievement system just hasn't been updated appropriately.

The winning Campaign as Soviet Commander is missing for MP achievements.

Why do singleplayer achievements show in multiplayer game achievements.?

Are you sure they are not associated with MP campaign or territory mode?

Review you're MP achievements and look for:
"To the Front" which is unlocked for participating in an online campaign.
"Island Hopper" which is unlocked for participating in an online Pacific campaign.
"Knights Cross" which is unlocked for winning an online German campaign.
"Hero of the Soviet Union" which is unlocked for winning an online Soviet campaign.
"Medal of Honour" which is unlocked for winning online Pacific campaign as American.
"Buckochosho" which is unlocked for winning online Pacific campaign as Japanese.

Have listed the MP campaign achievements that i have unlocked. So the question still stands "How to achieve MP German and Soviet campaign achievements?"

@Von_Mannheim
Achievement tip regarding "Bring the Rain" it is possible to use "Z" to spot enemy. Doing this will mark an arty spot visible on map which TL could call arty on. Using "Z" makes it possible for any team member to mark arty so is not necessary for TL's to specify SL's to do this for them. If TL does use you're arty mark and kills are obtained the "Bring the Rain" achievement will be unlocked ;-)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Marksman Gold: >225m shots are achievable on Pavlov's House from the far north wall to the windows of the Voyentorg Corner Ruins. You will see your target silhouetted in the windows.

another great place is to play Bridges of Duzhina, be a russian marksmen and just sit on the little hills outside spawn, and snipe ppl hiding behind the tanks.

i found zeroing your rifle to 300m and lowers the crosshair down to about 2millimetres below them to get the perfect headshot most of the time

Upvote 0