• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation A couple of models I made a long time ago I just found:

Cpt-Praxius

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 12, 2005
Canadian in Australia
Here are a few models I made back in the RO mod days before Ostfront was released. I just found them a day ago in a pile of things on my external:

img-09.jpg

img-10.jpg

img-11.jpg

^ At the time, I was planning on designing this to go into a mod for RO:Ost which would have focused on the Canadian Forces during WWII vs. the Germans, but never got very far beyond these, due to work related and personal life stuff.

Also, I found my Stug III model I used for a Tutorial in the old RO Mod forums, which went on for a number of pages for people to follow along and learn how to model their own vehicles and such through Maya, and it also included opening hatches:

img-15.jpg

As well as a Flack 88 which I never did get around to finishing:

maya-02.jpg

They weren't of the highest poly count and not very smooth due to limitations back in 2004-05 for games, but I still have the files and could certainly bring in a lot more detail these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiccardoTheBeAst
Those are very nice!

I guess some of them were used in Darkest Hour maybe?

Thanks, but no, they weren't used in Darkest Hour..... at least I'm pretty sure since I never gave out the files, but who knows, maybe I got hacked ;)

I was more pleased with the Panzershreck than the Stens.

In regards to getting an easy to use 3D program, any of the ones that seem "Easy" generally don't do much, or limited in doing the things you want to do in them.

I believe you can still download free versions of 3D Studio Max and Maya, usually called "Personal Learning Edition"..... or you can also get 30 Day trials versions.... which both have their limitations.

Neither are very easy to wrap your head around if you never worked on any 3D stuff before, due to so many tools and features all over the place, but once you get the hang of them, they are pretty easy and versatile to use

Upvote 0