• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A Collection of Reviews

Headgib said:
I just watched the X-Play Review. That's just about the dumbest view of the game ever.

If they don't like realistic shooters why would they expect to like it, and I also think alot more people play the game than 5 People. Stupid morons.

That just makes me angry seeing a dumb review like that.

Although I love how they make their reviews funny with the voices and stuff :p

Yeah, that review was truly terrible. I personally, can't stand the voices and so forth. The review is borderline insulting to ones intelligence, they did the exact same thing with their review of World War Two Online, if they don't like a game because it's realistic, they try to portray it as if no one likes or plays them, which is ridiculous.

Upvote 0
PC Games Romania gave RO:Ostfront 41-45.. 87%

The Good
+its a realistic no joke
+the maps
+the gameplay
+total immersion

The Bad
- learning curve

" tripwire made what you could call the best realistic FPS of the moment: EPIC,BRUTAL !

Graphics..............82%
Sound ................86%
Gameplay.............90%
Atmosphere..........90%

Upvote 0
I hate Xplay and both idiot characters...

They really try too hard to please the Idiots, retards and immature kids out there by acting like them...

Sometimes they can be a tiny bit funny, but their reviews are really poor and specially narrow minded...

They rate depending on Their Personal taste... and their taste is teh 1337 pawnzorz kinda taste...

A game does not **** because one does not like it... it should **** because of poor quality, poor coding, poor gameplay, poor everything...

Baa

I hope someone will start their own review show and whipe them off the air because those 2 are just immature idiots who think too highly of themselves...

(edit after watching it... lol... he is a CS kiddy taking the empty halftrack for himself using the 1337 sniper rifle) lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
un-be-fecking-liev-arsing-able beneath contempt.

Hahahahhahahahahha Nestor, they were quite cynical, if not downright sarcastically disrespectful of both the game and the users.

But then, consider the audience G4 is catering to and who is actually on the show. They gave that away when they hollered for "Mommy". :eek:

G4 gets a -1 for usefulness and believability.

Upvote 0
What really pissed on my chips was that line, "Say what you like about AH, he is responsible for some great games".

oh, well that's OK then - aaarrrgggh!!!!! it just makes me mad thinking that some producer paid someone to utter that line. I can't think of a crasser thing that I have ever seen in my life.

I can, the embedded ADWARE/SPYWARE/MALWARE in the latest EA releases.

Upvote 0
Wow. That was just...horrid. Woot for humorless, ****-retentive history buffs (which means us, since according to Xplay, that's the only group of people that would like RO)

My e-mail sent to them:
Honestly, the X-play reviews have got to be the most unfair, crappy reviews I've ever seen.

Company of Heroes for example. I will agree that it's a great game, worthy of the 5 out of 5...but I saw the video review, and 80% of the time was devoted to the graphics. You only paid lipservice to the gameplay by describing the resource system, when there was so much more untouched. It seems to me like you never took enough time with it to actually get beyond the graphics (which are, admittedly, very cool).

Then we have Red Orchestra...You measured Red Orchestra according to Call of Duty's standards. It's not ment to be. A good review measures the game against what the designers were trying to create, and Red Orchestra's developers were trying to create a realistic WW2 shooter. You measured it against what YOU personally liked in a game, and that is just wrong. And once again, it seems like X-play spent next to no time with the game, seeing as how the review mentioned the guns were ''impossible to aim''. I learned to aim after the first day or two playing, and it seems to me you were too hung up with the lack of crosshair to even try.

Those reviews are just embarrassing, worthy of a tiny review site in the back corners of the internet that noone's ever heard of. I definitely expected a lot more from professional reviewers that have their own damn TV show.

Upvote 0
You measured it against what YOU personally liked in a game, and that is just wrong.:

While I agree the whole review, and show for that matter, was indeed a piece of garbage, all reviews have to be coloured by the reviewers opinion. Only before colouring anything, it might be a good idea to spend more than 2 minutes on it. I guess they get more money and free stuff from EA.

Upvote 0