• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

9_6's Specter 3ds max 2011 rendered

crono

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 3, 2009
Oslo, Norway
I really want to see something like this in-game.. but I dont want to wait for TWI to whitelist it if thats going to take a while. What do you need help with?
Is the model rigged so it can be animated?
Sadly I'm not much help in that department, but I can help out with the code (unless Yoyobatty has it covered)

No Glory

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 6, 2009
BC, Canada
I can safely say I trust a myriad of people on these here forums, anyone with a respectable post count will have managed to stay here long enough not to get banned by the mods, so I'd say anyone with a post count of 1,000 or over (plus exceptions) will be extremely trustworthy.
Am I one of the exceptions? =`(

And I try not to be an arse, and do 3D models at the same time!

As for your project, if you contact me, I'll ask around and see what the crew who is working on the cyclops say about adding another specimen to the list.

Dealman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2011
Sweden
i know i f***ed up big time on the post.

now no one wants to help me make this happen so i can consider it dead.

= /
You're all to blame.

Seriously, you're the most ignorant 3D Modeler I've ever seen. Keep going with this attitude and you won't get anywhere within Game Development.

As Yoshiro said, the only way to actually impress the Developers would be to actually get it ingame, and somewhat fully functional. Thus, they might reconsider whether to make it a Official ZED or not.

As for Credits, who seriously gives a Crap? It's not like you'd be getting paid anyway. You said you made this as a fun little Side-project, then why just abandon it like that?

Lots of People were offering their time to add this for you. For free. Although you declined it, you were being very, very, very rude.

Good luck in the Business, pal.

Reactions: YoYoBatty

VidGameDude

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2010
One of my first regrets starting in 3D.
I was what? 14? 16? when i first made that thing...
Feels weird to see this still exist.

I wonder if it could still be something.
nah well, maybe someday.

JackFrostDeth

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 20, 2013
Have you learned anything since then?
Can you texture yor own creation?
Do you want to see it come to life?
Try setting it as a player skin?
Use the resources to finish your failure?

I've been trying to get my project running and still it is slowly progressing towards completion. Why? Because I never give up.

Regret is something you can live with so long as you learn from it and use it to build yourself. Regret is something you can live without if it prevents you from becoming a better person in what ever area you strive to make better.

Never give up, never give in, and always move forward.

VidGameDude

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2010
Holy crap, you bump this so we can see something cool someone made and never got completed?! How dare you D: *Slaps you*

Well i guess using original models isnt a good thing around here?
It's not that i haven't learned anything, its i'm rather busy with college to get back on it.

If some others want to hop on this then i would like them to contact me.
Maybe this could be a thing again. Maybe.

DMN666

Jun 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
If some others want to hop on this then i would like them to contact me.
Maybe this could be a thing again. Maybe.
Well since your last post, The Female Fleshpound was just fan art with a model, with the creator looking for a team to help him bring her to life, now she is a fully playable enemy:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=186378307

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42754
But seeing Spectre ability, teleporting, its already taken by the highly popular Shiver.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98500333

Seeing that her only weakness is a berserker, is another turn off since currently, everyone thinks the berserker is already over powered.
Bum your general modding thread about her and ask that you are still looking for a team. I suggest that first you texture her and work out her ability and specs.

I wish i could help, but im not a pro modder and can only texture things that already have a texture map out. Hemi already made newer versions of adding zeds into the spawn so that would be covered.

Last edited:

VidGameDude

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2010
I appreciate you taking the time to look it over.
As i've said, if anyone wants this to be something of a reality in the game or even in the future KF2, then by all means i would love to provide it rather than have it go to waste and never see light.