• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2nd artillery unit- Another way of playing survivalist

Utopia-Phoenix

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Qingdao, Shandong, China
^^topic
perk skills: 5 15 and 20 right, 10 and 25 left
(AKA: Heavy weapon training, medic training, weapon harness, go boom, rapid fire)

Weapons: RPG+1, M32

Combat video: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6180044888

Rather than using the demolitionist, the 2nd artillery (survivalist demo) has 2 differences.
He carries BOTH the RPG and the M32 thanks to 20 weight. No demo can carry both of them.
He has elite reload which is usually NOT chosen by demo (the bombardier perk is preferred)

The problem of this is the price of weapons. That's a dosh cost of 5000!

I personally don't really see the use of such a loadout...Not only is it ridiculously expensive (you'd only get it while playing endless), but that's a lot of raw firepower with very little personal defense... You can't really use the M32 to kill zeds sneaking up on you, so unless you level up your 9mm to grind your way through (or if you have very good teammates), you're gonna struggle.

Upvote 0
Why not use demo and M79+M32 like everyone does with the same upgrades for cheaper price and higher DPS / AOE?

It's the way it's meant to be played.

Survivalist is great with his weapons (freezethrower + killerwatt). If anything, I wish the switch speed was even higher between them (freeze sc/fp, headhsot them with killerwatt). Something is slightly "missing" but it's definitely the best it's ever been. I wish they made it into a proper perk with a revised skilltree and more dedicated weapons.

Upvote 0
I think what OP's idea meant was to let us come up with ludicrous loadouts...Not necessarily effective, but stupidly fun.

It is true that no one in their right mind would pick the most expensive weapons of the demo's arsenal. But that's a clever way to think outside the box.

(Also, I personally much prefer the RPG-7 + M16 combo... I hate feeling like a sitting duck whenever both my M79 and M32 run dry)

Upvote 0