• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map 2005 map pack!

dextronaut

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Pacific Northwest
FINALLY WHITELISTED!

dex2005maps.rar contains the following:

KF-2005WestLondon.rom
KF-2005SewersV2.rom - update of kf-sewersV1
KF-2005Offices.rom
KF-2005Bioticslab.rom
KF-2005Manor.rom
KF-WretchedV1.rom - update of kf-wretched
KF-SmellyCave.rom
KF-WickedCity.rom

download link: http://www.filefront.com/16078985/dex2005maps.rar

the 2005 maps are all ported from the very first version of KF mod (1.0) released in 2005. i have used all the original textures, static meshes, sounds, and emitters.

the layouts will be different, and the atmosphere will also be alot different! ive worked on these maps alot, making them playable, making them run well. so be prepared for one hell of a experience!

the last 3 maps are 1.0 style maps by ME! these took me a gajillion years to make (that means theyre good so download this map pack already!)

NOTES: wretchedv1 is the updated version of wretched. sewersv2 is the updated version of sewersv1

A FEW SCREENSHOTS:

taking screenshots and posting them is my least favorite part of this whole charade, but heres some i took of Bioticslab, SmellyCave and WickedCity

Shot00050-2.png

Shot00056.png

Shot00050-3.png

Shot00048-2.png

PS: download the mappack, it contains all the old official maps from KF 1.0, ppl on your servers will trip out! it also contains 3 of my own 1.0 style maps! DOWNLOAD THIS $@#t!

Last edited:
Already installed on my server and already a success :)

Thank you very much for these beautiful maps Dextronaut :)

Very good pack I was eager to play over :D

awesome! you downloaded dex2005maps.rar correct? i posted the pack on the whitelist a first time but it needed to have fixes, so i fixed it, and reuploaded as dex2005maps.rar.

glad you like it.

Upvote 0
Nice Maps.
Added them to my Hard and Suicidal servers, and they have become instant hits.

KF-2005SewersV2 seems to have become the new favourite map on the servers.

Only thing that bothers me is on KF-2005WestLondon everyone just camped in the tunnel next to the bus, for 10/11 waves.
And never went anywhere near the church, (their loss).

And on KF-2005Offices everyone just camped out on the stairs, between the 2 traders the entire game, so they missed out on the other 90% of the map.

KF-2005Manor had players running about the most, despite only 1 trader.
As crawlers are annoying, but crawlers under the water, are a pain!
And the odd demo death (or 5) by pipebomb, when they placed them in the water and forgot where about caused quite a few laughs :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I wanted to ask what happens to your maps KF-Graveheart??

graveheart is still being released. just had to check things over with myles first.

Nice Maps.
Added them to my Hard and Suicidal servers, and they have become instant hits.

you did good on that, these maps are meant for suicidal.

KF-2005SewersV2 seems to have become the new favourite map on the servers.

very odd! sewers was probably the least popular official map back in the day. along with manor. no one liked em very much.

Only thing that bothers me is on KF-2005WestLondon everyone just camped in the tunnel next to the bus, for 10/11 waves. And never went anywhere near the church, (their loss).

some things just never change lol.

And on KF-2005Offices everyone just camped out on the stairs, between the 2 traders the entire game, so they missed out on the other 90% of the map.

again, some things just never change lol. i usually like to camp on the roof.

KF-2005Manor had players running about the most, despite only 1 trader.
As crawlers are annoying, but crawlers under the water, are a pain!
And the odd demo death (or 5) by pipebomb, when they placed them in the water and forgot where about caused quite a few laughs :D

manor was probably in the worst condition when i ported it (which is why it got the biggest overhaul in kf 2.5), but after some work, i managed to make it fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I added these maps to my server rotation right after they were whitelisted and I am LOVING them! Fantastic maps. A whole lot of fun.

BTW, what's up with the running gag of having a locker as a trader in your maps? I find it hysterical.

just to enhance the atmosphere a little bit more. in 1.0 the maps would have lockers (about 2), and at any point you could run upto one and buy equipment (not a good idea when zombies are coming for you). of course things have changed now, but i still keep the locker for fun.

Upvote 0
Apparently these maps are no good for specimentation versus. The bots were utterly confused were the TRADER was, any bots that died and were to respawn did RESPAWN, but not in the trader zone, they spawned at the player starts! And apparently I get this message saying no trader mesh which may have something to do with the previous problems...

Upvote 0
Apparently these maps are no good for specimentation versus. The bots were utterly confused were the TRADER was, any bots that died and were to respawn did RESPAWN, but not in the trader zone, they spawned at the player starts! And apparently I get this message saying no trader mesh which may have something to do with the previous problems...

good thing im not into specimentation, sorry to those who enjoy specimentation. Cheetah should have the bots go to the trader that is open, not the trader herself.

Upvote 0