• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Bluehawk

Uniform/kit Inaccuracy

I'm going to bump a half-month old thread rather than make a new one for a small suggestion: For the level 99 unlock in the USMC character set, replace the cavalry Stetson with the Smokey Bear (campaign cover). This would have a similar shape, be equally iconic, be more accurate, and be unique...
  2. Bluehawk

ROK South Korean Forces in Vietnam

ARVN should be next, ROK second, and ANZACs third, if we're going by manpower committed and causalities suffered. This was South Vietnam's war and they were fighting it before America intervened and still after they left. But it doesn't matter; they've already made up their mind.
  3. Bluehawk

Option to spawn with bayonet fixed

Would work just like the option to spawn with your weapon set to semi-auto. If your rifle has a bayonet and the box is ticked, you're already fixed and ready to charge. Manual toggle would still work as well, just as manual fire selection still works.
  4. Bluehawk

If any TripWire Developer reads this, let me know what you think!

At least they rectified the problem in Perfect Dark by giving the midget character, Elvis, a gigantic head.
  5. Bluehawk

m14 issue

The majority of M14s deployed were semi only because of the ineffectiveness of firing 7.62x51 in full auto. Only Marine auto-riflemen (three to a squad) and members of the Combined Action Platoons had fully automatic-capable M14s. The selector was often absent or replaced with a dummy to prevent...
  6. Bluehawk

Can members of this elite club get RS2 key once it rolls out in more public stage?

I signed up through the website like a regular person.... no email yet.
  7. Bluehawk

Media Update - PPSh-41

It's Shpagin' time.
  8. Bluehawk

Artillery, AA guns & vehicles, weapon loadout

Do high calibre rounds penetrate the helicopter and damage people inside similarly to the AT rifles in RO2 killing crewmembers in tanks, or do we need a clear line of sight on the passenger/crew? If they do: can small arms shot in the right places also penetrate? If I fire 7.62 up through the...
  9. Bluehawk

Media Update: Mosin Nagant

My nugget could not get any more moist.
  10. Bluehawk

Thoughts On the New Forum UI From the People Who Matter

I wouldn't be surprised if that was a conscious decision. They have some metalheads on the team.
  11. Bluehawk

Thoughts On the New Forum UI From the People Who Matter

I really don't like white text on black, for any site; the contrast of the older forum was easier on the eyes. Transitioning from a page like this to a traditional black on white burns letters in my eyes and makes me illiterate for a minute or two.
  12. Bluehawk

Russian battle cry

I garauntee Nemtsov will never see this, but if he ever does, I'd like to bring a document to his attention concerning blocking detachments on the Stalingrad and Don Fronts, as reported internally within the NKVD hierarchy. http://battle.volgadmin.ru/Documents/NKVD/11.aspx The majority of...
  13. Bluehawk

ARVN or no? Need confirmation

The Saipan map in RS1 had flags bearing the corporate logo of the South Seas Development Company, a detail completely unnecessary but cool as hell. I trust we'll see some fun surprises in RS2 wherever they learn something fascinating.
  14. Bluehawk

please don't make vietcong/NVA soldiers reload AK with left hand .

I can vouch for the Soviets and friends holding the rifle in the left hand and manipulating the magazine with the right. From the 1952 operations manual for the AK47, page 57: "21. Partial Disassembly. To remove the magazine from the rifle: holding the rifle with the left hand on the hand...
  15. Bluehawk

Of Menus and Men

This was kind of how RO1 was organized, at least nominally. The commander class was literally called a "squad/section leader" for both the Germans and Soviets, and any subsequent organization would logically be fire-teams (though the game didn't feature any kind of fire-team system, players had...
  16. Bluehawk

about WW2 weaponry in RS2

Then they're "fixing TWI's mess". "How sad is it that it took volunteers from the community to do something so simple!?" etc. etc.
  17. Bluehawk

Regarding Map Design (visually) in Rising Storm

Does the Russian localization of RS1 really put "Wehrmacht" and "Red Army" for the Japanese and US? That's hilarious.
  18. Bluehawk

PC Gamer Weekender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLwPMFrAbP0 Approx 50 minutes to go, as of the time of this writing.