• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Seanchaoz

Level Design Sean's SDK Video Guides.

List updated with guide #10 - Basic Movement Optimization. More optimization related videos to come.
  2. Seanchaoz

Beta Map [WiP] Maw of Madness II

Sequel to one of Vamp's early access classics. Hype?
  3. Seanchaoz

Final Map Biolapse - Biotics Holdout [Release]

Here, have a review!
  4. Seanchaoz

Level Design How to fill in gaps between doors and make material align

Or alternatively place down some other meshes, like columns, pillars, trims, etc. to hide unwanted elements. It not only is an easy solution, it also adds complexity and extra detail to your scene, making it look better. Study the official maps, they do it all the time there.
  5. Seanchaoz

Level Design Setting up Automatic Doors?

Automatic doors are easy enough, but requires some understanding of kismet and matinee. I was planning on doing a basic tutorial but time and proper planning has put it off a bit. I did a brief test video (non public) which includes an auto door with sounds and light/material changes: Since I...
  6. Seanchaoz

Final Map KF-ClubConfession (Vampire Bloodlines)

From the 2004 RPG masterpiece, Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines the Club Confession level now takes a seat as a Killing Floor 2 custom map. Download and play from Steam workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1215467327 Designed and built completely from scratch true to the...
  7. Seanchaoz

Level Design Actual Ladders, not improvised stairs using blocking volumes?

Bashing together a makeshift ladder with stacked blocking volumes is the only reasonable solution. It works somewhat well on slanted ladders but, as you've discovered yourself, becomes increasingly wonky the more vertical it gets. My best guess as to why there is no official support is the...
  8. Seanchaoz

Level Design A Static Light with a built in light

If a light does not cast shadows (static and/or dynamic) it will bleed through if the radius segments other meshes. Likewise if a light does cast shadows, but one or more meshes in between does not, it will bleed through again. There are some cases where even with shadow casting lights and...
  9. Seanchaoz

Cheers mate. That video is coming. I'm working on preparations for a general Performance Optimization video, where I plan to touch on multiple different optimization processes, including draw distance and pre-comp.
  10. Seanchaoz

Level Design Issue of baking and map help

1. Try hitting ALT+C on your keyboard. It will outline the collision bounds of all meshes in your map, handy to quickly tell if there's strange collision going on. 2. Try hitting ALT+W to hide all static meshes in your map and make sure Volumes are visible (can be toggled on and off with the O...
  11. Seanchaoz

Level Design A Static Light with a built in light

No mesh gives off actual light. Light can only be produced by actual light actors, noting else. Did you hook up the spotlight correctly to the destructible actor? It can be a bit tricky until you learn exactly how it works, and is easy to mess up. It needs to be tied in correctly several...
  12. Seanchaoz

Level Design Issues with certain types of lights in KF2 SDK

You can simulate light shining out/in of doors and windows by using Spotlights. For example if you want outdoor light to shine in through a window into your house, set up a Spotlight outside the window and override it to only work in the Indoor lighting channel, or vice versa. That way it won't...
  13. Seanchaoz

Guide #9 - Basic Lighting now added to the original post
  14. Seanchaoz

Level Design Issues with certain types of lights in KF2 SDK

Is that a typo, or did you wrap your entire map in an Indoor lighting volume? Because that's your problem right there ;) If the whole thing is inside an INDOOR lighting volume, then of course EVERYTHING gets set to indoor lighting, and you have to manually override everything that you want to...
  15. Seanchaoz

Level Design Zed Ragdolls fall though per-poly collision static mesh

In the static mesh editor, try setting the Flex option to "Auto". Many meshes are set to "On", which causes ragdoll physics to not register and skip through. Setting it to Auto allows it to collide with all physics. I had to do the same to several of the cars in Jaywalkers to get the collision...
  16. Seanchaoz

Final Map KF-Jaywalkers Tunnel

Welcome to high octane Hell! Can you survive the rush hour, dodging Zeds AND speeding cars? Jaywalkers will have you dancing your little feet off trying to stay alive in possibly one of the most intense Killing Floor 2 custom maps you have played yet. Download: Steam Workshop...
  17. Seanchaoz

Final Map KF-DeepingWall (Helms Deep)

Looks effing ace man! Sick atmos, and the poofable wall makes me wet :D Looks like you've done quite a few custom meshes for the castle structure, in addition to the landscape - or is it official assets cleverly disguised? Either way a solid build, need to give it a go some time.
  18. Seanchaoz

Final Map KF-CytologyLab

Steam Workshop subscription: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1115862210 ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Zip archive direct download: http://www.synchaoz.com/kf2/maps/CytologyLab/KF-CytologyLab.zip...
  19. Seanchaoz

Beta Map [WiP] KF-CytologyLabs

I've just finished doing the very final collision and movement optimizations, if everything passes the last playtests then the map is done. Expect a release today (saturday) or tomorrow sunday at the latest.