• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Dragontear

WWAUT - How About A Shopping Spree!?

Makes me think of the Rioter, but that zed already exists so... are normal Zeds gaining ablative armour? As in one out of X many being spawned with some kind of improvised protection during the game?
  2. Dragontear

Beta Map [WIP] KF-Skytown

I think I saw this in development some time ago, good to see screenshots; I do like the surreal overall theme, and the lighting, particularly around the statue and in the wine-celler look quite lovely.
  3. Dragontear

Level Design Environment affecting pawn movement speed and health (idea/thoughts)

Little update; had a look at and editing 'physics material', as with the physics volume, no effect regarding movement speed. Alas, not much can be done it seems regarding character movement speed in the environment, for now at least, unless I've missed something, still hopeful.
  4. Dragontear

Level Design Environment affecting pawn movement speed and health (idea/thoughts)

Delta69er Aye hello there, fluid-friction is not working as you say, which is a pretty big shame; I think might be a relatively simple thing to allow - no jumping and greater friction on movement done together without actual fluid physics. Although saying that, the lack of any water-based...
  5. Dragontear

Hello world! Wondering how to make the environment have a more mechanical effect on players/zeds, in addition to visual/spatial such as well-lit/darkness areas, dense/weak fog, open area/tight confines. There now appears to be a 'damage modifier' volume of sorts, from what I see, any pawn...
  6. Dragontear

Beta Map [WiP] Maw of Madness II

Hype, yes. Looks spooky, awaiting to see more.
  7. Dragontear

Level Design [WIP] Helms deep

Already looks aesthetically appealing - limited but contrasting colour palette looks quite pleasing in a way. ^^ Also, Helmsdeep - been done in quite the number of games, curious to see how it'll perform here. To note, need to see about the landscaping myself for foresty and such, thank you for...
  8. Dragontear

"That one guy" (you know the one).

Being a Field Medic in the centre of a fireteam with a semblance of cohesion, and then That One Guy, apparently inspired by something mid-wave, literally sprints off into the darkness/distance/deathtrap, meaning one patient needs caring from half the map away while the rest of the team are being...
  9. Dragontear

Level Design Drop Downs for ZEDs

One method I used is visually demonstrated below, hopefully the images display. I hope this will be of use. @ThunderSn1per
  10. Dragontear

Final Map KF-DeathBasinSands

Hello there! Just wanted to pop in, and as you are asking for suggestions, maybe more ground-cover such as small rocks, debris, bracken/bushes and the like, just to break up the appearance of the ground and lessen the effect of the ground-material tiling somewhat? For example, a making one of...
  11. Dragontear

here's to you....

Happy belated New Years, hip hip, hurray! -Crickets.-
  12. Dragontear

Level Design December WIP Thread - 2016

- Completed the Confined version of KF-Kholnee (please see Kholnee new post and give it loves, validate meee. XD) - Watched cat videos. - Working on another Darkwood-inspired area, calling it 'Villagederp' until I have a proper KF-name. Basically old church and surrounding village, Polish-ish...
  13. Dragontear

Level Design [Concept] Highly destructive environment (video included)

Agreed, watched it repeatedly, almost mesmerising in the slow-motion sequences near the end - even when you miss the shots, stuff breaks all around, kinda like the Matrix. Without the absurd wall/ceiling running. XD Also he actual environment looks just wonderful, realistic and terrible cabin in...
  14. Dragontear

Final Map KF-Zedsplosion (DESTROY THE WORLD!)

Played with the map creator yesterday; Spawned into trader-time right before boss wave, took cover behind a car as the Patriarch wildly fired about. Immediately died to car's awesome explosion blowing my mind across the road. 9001/10 Also, fantastic use of non-destructables as...
  15. Dragontear

Final Map KF-Kholnee

Updated to RC 1.9... a while ago. XD Should've mentioned that, but alas, news! I've created a 'Confined' variant! Also, finally have a map of the house done, huzzah! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=810234380 < KF-Kholnee-Confined
  16. Dragontear

Level Design A Mapping Community .udk for Shared Content

Excellent idea, would be absolutely marvelous to have access to community-made resources for map-making, would certainly help to motivate, inspire and generally help us to keep on going, and foster a closer map-making sub-community too. Saying that, think I might be able to do some simple...
  17. Dragontear

Level Design December WIP Thread - 2016

Woot. - Working on making a 'Confined' version of KF-Kholnee. Because the play-area wasn't small enough already, and intentionally designed to be a sort of challenge/hard map, if you like claustrophobic, foggy, overgrown nonsense. - Having spent over three months or more on a single building...
  18. Dragontear

Level Design Few Hints and Tips

Wanted to show love for the thread, awesome work. Just wondering if anybody has any tips on optimising for outdoor spaces, like woodland? Or optimising in general that hasn't already been mentioned. Speaking of landscapes, probably already covered, but if you can't use a 'proper' landscape...
  19. Dragontear

So I accidentally became a "Survivalist" the other day...

Being a medic, having the T-3/4 Medical weapons is nice for healing. Having the grenade launcher, however, is pretty good 'preventative medicine' for a team, can wipe out small groups of weaker enemies, and generally take the sting out of any attempt to overwhelm by force, or stumble stronger zeds.
  20. Dragontear

Level Design Weapon Impact Decal on wall/floor meshes.

I've had the same problem quite a while back... I think I fixed it by changing either the file-name for the map, or the 'World properties - World info' name of the map, see if that helps? Either making sure the name matches both for in-editor settings and the actual file's name or something.