• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. E

RO2 Ways to slow down gameplay and prolong firefights?

I feel like the bullet whizzing by noises are either super quiet or just non-existant. If someone is unloading on me with an MG42, I can barely hear it.
  2. E

RO2 What will be the future of red orchestra 2?

I once imagined a WW2 version of Planetside 2. Essentially it'd be like RO2 but if the map was the size of Skyrim (something like 10 square miles) or even bigger with hundreds of players on each team. Then you could have campaign servers that would essentially be able to allow you to fight for...
  3. E

Red Orchestra 2 Tank Dynamics

One thing I hate about tank fighting in the game is how it's pretty easy (on some maps, like bridges) for a player in a tank to camp in their deployment zone and blast you from 100-300 yards away with its MG or tank gun. The reason why this is annoying to me is because I can't get close to the...
  4. E

Also what about having a muzzle flash causing a slight heat haze effect... likke when you fire a MG there's a bigger muzzle flash but from far away there's also a hazy effect right around the place they shot from.
  5. E

What about catching tanks on fire: not killing instantly but slowly burning crew for 10 ish seconds till it blows up. It'd be like the current "wounded" animation when you are shot somewhere that doesn't instantly kill you.
  6. E

Still the fact is that we (as players) are way to fricken accurate with our guns, whether they are automatic or not. You pop ur head out of cover and an enemy sees.... you die, in under 2 seconds. doesn't matter what gun he has.
  7. E

I don't know where to start

I played World at War for years and it made me really frustrated. I hated a lot of aspects of the game, most of all the ability to use a T-100 as a german :p but it was just so unrealistic in so many ways. I always wished CoD would be more like RO2... but I had no idea that RO or RO2 existed...
  8. E

I'd prefer a driving mechanism like the one you said. Maybe you could have W/S for left track and E/D for right track? Then you could still drive with one hand but takes two fingers to go forward.
  9. E

I think another thing that makes RO2's combat fast is the extremely deadly hiding spots that experienced players have found and exploit. All the time I die from MG fire from over 100 m away and I have no idea where the person is. So even if I could suppress them effectively, I wouldn't know...
  10. E

[RO2/RS] Maps are too linear

He's talking about dynamically randomized maps. So every time you play Bridges, there's some slightly different things about it, maybe some windows are changed or some doors, maybe some trenches get moved or changed. Essentially you would pretty much always be playing on a "new" map since you...
  11. E

RO2 Bot only matches?

Oh... Is that the only way to play steamworkshop mod maps?
  12. E

RO2 Bot only matches?

Is it possible to play multi-player matches vs bots only in an offline mode? I ask because I want to try out the maps that never get played when players get to vote (which is just bridges, apartments, and baracks).
  13. E

RS campaign "easy" maps

Exactly. Its just a huge rotation of those 6 maps... what the cruddd...
  14. E

RS campaign "easy" maps

I have been playing this game for 2 weeks and I have only played a few maps more than 1 time: iwo jima, hanto, bridges of druzhina and apartments. Those ones I have played like 5 times or more each. I'm just annoyed that there isn't a game mode that allows me to play the other maps with the...
  15. E

RS campaign "easy" maps

Do you think the other problem is the fact that people vote on this? For instance, if the most senior player on the team got to decide for everyone what map to play on, then maybe you'd be able to get more variety in maps and less of the "boring" ones. Personally i'd rather have a veteran...
  16. E

RS campaign "easy" maps

Because then the defenders could allocate small amounts of combat power when the map is biased towards the enemy, meaning they would be able to limit the success of the attacker. Brilliant! At the same time, if you really want to hold a territory then you can allocate more of your combat...
  17. E

RS campaign "easy" maps

Yeah it does seem like a big disadvantage in being the defender (any team) is that you don't get to pick the map. There's always a few maps that one side LOVES and the other side HATES, and they always get played.
  18. E

Minor change to campaign

Like if there was more like a call of duty "domination" type game mode or "war" game mode to determine which side is on the offensive first? I love that idea.
  19. E

RO2 bazookas or panzershreks?

Really? I haven't seen them. When do they get used/show up?