• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. X

E.D.A.R. replacement

So I'm seeing a ton of people mentioning they want the E.D.A.R. removed in KF3. I actually personally like how they not only have a more unique weakpoint in their chest, but also the aspect that they reward you with some crowd control by killing them. I'm not sure what exactly each person...
  2. X

A bunch of Design changes I'd make to improve the game ~ For KF2 (or KF3?)

I started playing in KF1, but I've easily racked up more than triple the hours in KF2. I usually play either Suicidal or HoE. I also love game design and have a strong understanding on how a lot of aspects of programming in games works, so I try not to suggest things that are totally...
  3. X

Thoughts on new content in Beta 1069 (Halloween Update)

Visually, most of Halloween skins look great. The only gameplay related issue I have is the DAR's little nub, left when you bust their head but don't actually fully destroy it, is like non-existant. As for balance on the new guns: HMTech-501: A bigger supply of medic grenades is very strong...
  4. X

Why is the patriarch so stupidly weak?

I remember in the Early Access Patriarch seemed completely fine, if not a tiny bit too strong, but now whenever my friends and I play and the patriarch comes up as the Boss, it feels like this He just gets absolutely obliterated and literally never even gets a chance to do any damage or heal...
  5. X

Feedback on the Beta Preview so far

The DAR I really like. They add a good bit of challenge to the harder difficulties that makes large zed killers like Sharpshooter feel really good (even better than before). Maybe nerf range on EMP, but other than that I haven't felt like I got BS'd by any so far (husk still gets way more...
  6. X

What are your top 3 least favorite things added to KF2?

First off, I don't plan on this thread being a hate thread. I think it is important for the players of the game to voice their opinions on a game in development so the developers can attempt to address the things that the players don't like. So, just post the top 3 things KF2 has that KF1...
  7. X

KF1 Mod - Discussion

So, I'm sure the people that like KF1's mechanics over KF2, but still like the aesthetics and perk design of KF2, will be happy to hear that I'm nearly done with a KF1 mod for KF2. The mod can be found on the community workshop page here...
  8. X

PC Adding zeds for players that haven't spawned

This has been an issue since the game first came out. Zeds are added for players even if that have spawned into the game yet. It's really annoying and 1 player joining at the end of trader time almost always screws over the people who have been in the game.
  9. X

PC Steam is required to play the game

I've been getting this error whenever I try to compile scripts or upload things to the workshop. I've try reinstalling steam and KF and it still doesn't work.
  10. X

Zed voices

Will zed voices be added to the game with the Sharpshooter update or are they going to take more time? Also I don't supposed we could get a brief estimate on the ETA for sharpshooter update (just the month it is planned to release), and an estimate on when zed voices are planned to come out if...
  11. X

PC Pathing on Prison

Think I found one of the spots where zeds get stuck
  12. X

PC Crossbow+slasher bug

When you're grabbed by a slasher(it may be for other clots too) cbow bolts appear to just not do anything. Like the 3rd time I've died to this bug, plz fix. Repeatability: Yes. Get grabbed by a slasher with cbow out and shoot.
  13. X

PC Can't compile scripts: Steam required to play game

Whenever I try to run the upload tool or compile the scripts using the command prompt line "KFEditor make" it just says "Steam is requires to play the game." I launched the workshop tool through steam so I'm obviously logged in so is there something I'm doing wrong? It wasn't doing this before...
  14. X

PC Game Crashes on Startup

Recently I started up my computer and my steam library games were all marked as uninstalled so I had to go to reinstall them all to get steam to recognize them again. Besides the annoyance of having to do this for all of my games, I encountered no other issues until I launched KF2, where it...
  15. X

KF2 Merch

Any news on merchandise for KF2? T-shirts, plushies, fancy printed dosh, pins, stickers, etc. Pref some humorous T-shirts thrown in to the batch. My Ideas: T-shirt with a player standing nonchalantly smiling(or have like DJ skully giving 2 thumbs up) with a FP behind them rearing its...
  16. X

Workshop Tool

So workshop is out but I can't figure out how to select a map to upload in the tool.... There are buttons to select scripts and packages, but not map files and dragging it into the window didn't work... so how do I upload a map?
  17. X

How do you feel about each weapon?(survey)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TKXR6W8 https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/T35VXM5 For questions 1-4, answer based on how well you think the weapon could possibly fit the role of their tier It's not asking how strong you think the weapons are, it's asking if you think it makes SENSE that this...
  18. X

Making a weapon from scratch

For making a weapon completely from scratch for KF2, does anyone have a detailed description of how to go through this process? I've made a few custom weapons before, but those were made using existing weapons with just different textures. I know what I have to do in terms of coding them for...
  19. X

Code How does fire work?

OK so I know where a lot of things are in the code of the game, but one thing I still don't fully understand is where fire damage exactly "is". I know that when firing a flamethrower at a zed, it will do damage to that zed, and apply the DoT. What I want to know is where can I change the damage...
  20. X

How do I add a new texture/material to the SDK?

Whenever I set things in game to use different, pre-existing materials (e.g. I take the HX25 and make it always use the circuit glow skin) shows up fine in game, but when I import my own texture, generate a material for it, and set a mesh to use that material, it shows up fine in the SDK, but...