• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. L

Tripwire Q & A - TICR Part 2 Questions (Post your questions here)

How does Tripwire feel about Unreal 5? Insane polycounts, no normal maps, extreme draw distances, a new physics system and all of it running on a PS5. Almost doesn’t seem possible to me.
  2. L

Update 1.5.2 Is Being Deployed

Thanks for spending your Saturday to fix this.
  3. L

Update 1.5.1 Is Being Deployed

Servers are also still lagging like crazy. Flying is still impossible, grenades are iffy and it's rubberband central. This patch didn't seem to do anything.
  4. L

Consistant map balance issues.

A number of the new maps have significant balance issues. Leading to one team winning most of the time. In some cases almost all of the time. Saigon A significant hurdle for the attacking team is the A point. The Single spawn locations means a lot of walking is required for the attacking team...
  5. L

First Indochina War brainstorming

This is something I've always wanted to see for this game. I thought it would be a mod but the modding community has put their time towards other efforts instead. But with new French weapons being included in patches it seems to be becoming easier and easier to make it happen. Either through a...
  6. L

Please Whitelist the Classic Mutator and More Damage Mutators

The way it used to be played was still bullet sponge. Things like the mosin and other large calibre weapons couldn't one hit kill people in all the places they can now. Only the upper chest. A patch made it so they can. But at the same time nerfed assault rifles to compensate (otherwise they'd...
  7. L

M16s for everyone?

There's a bit more discussion about it here. https://www.reddit.com/r/rs2vietnam/comments/atdgd1/do_you_agree_that_the_australians_and_arvn_should/ Along with poll results. https://www.strawpoll.me/17478684/r
  8. L

M16s for everyone?

This is a big red flag for me. Giving M16s to the Australian and ARVN rifleman/grunt is entirely unnecessary. It's not needed at all. I seriously reccomend this decision be reconsidered. Australians and ARVN do not need M16s for the most common class mid war or in non campaign modes. It's only...
  9. L

Need help with RO2 Vietnam Console Commands

I'm afraid there isn't one to change class to my knowledge. Therr are however commands to give you weapons. Such as "loaded".
  10. L

Need help with RO2 Vietnam Console Commands

The bigger question is why are you trying to fly them on the shooting range when there's a perfectly good helicopter training map available?
  11. L

Critical feedback on planned changes.

With the loadout changes there'll be at least 20 MAS-49s on the battlefield. The higher recoil over the SKS is not going to outweigh the extra damage the MAS-49 is going to deal. I know many people are frustrated with the NLF early war. But giving it to guerrilla is over doing it. Giving it to...
  12. L

Critical feedback on planned changes.

In this thread I will only be going over things I personally don't like about the changes and think that they are a bad idea. So if I don't mention something it means I think it's fine. Role loadout changes. NLF Guerrilla getting the MAS-49. Unless the MAS is bad such as having absolutely...
  13. L

Bumped to Level 99 by a community server

And resets all your achievements.
  14. L

WIP MAS-49 scope eyepiece.

So your current WIP scoped MAS-49 looks like this. Very nice. But the eye piece on the scope is the Ribbed eyepiece. Very common now. But back then they weren't using that one. They were instead using this. The second picture is of two local Vietnamese in French service using a scoped...
  15. L

A rethink of LMGs.

The term "Light Machine Gun" is very broad. Encompassing a range of machine guns all designed for very different things. The game started out with 3. The M60, the RPD and the DP-28. The M60 was designed from the German FG42 and externally looks very similar. It was designed to fire from the...
  16. L

People breaking servers [Old bug from RO 2 never fixed]

This is a different bug. The RO2 bug allowed players to bypass the player limit. Leading to 100 people on a 64 player server. RIP server performance. However teams were never unbalanced. They even attempted to fix it for RO2 but all they succeeded in doing was restricted manual team select if...
  17. L

Helicopter controls vs ping - question for devs

Normal to be over 100 ping? It's only "normal" if you're playing on a server far away or if the server is shite and cannot handle 64 players.
  18. L

claymores for pointmen?

No it's not how to use them lol. If you can use a gun in the same situation. Use the damn gun. When you place claymores. You don't babysit it. You leave 1 or 2 down then detonate it when you know there's guys in front of it. You don't have to be looking there at all. You judge where the...
  19. L

Need bigger score for destroying elicopters

Considering you get the points for killing the helicopter. Then even more points for killing the enemies inside. I don't see it as neccesary.
  20. L

How to differ between the fractions?

1/4 looks different to 1/2 to me.