• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Raven1986

[Game] Does anyone here possess the Russian version of CoD World at War? (modding purposes)

Hello there, recently checking out moddb.com again, I found a very ambitious modding team adding lots of stuff to World at War. Sadly my steam version does not enable me to download the game in Russian to extract the voice files for the Soviet campaign. Is anyone here in the possession of World...
  2. Raven1986

NVA and NLF now holding weapons with both hands while sprinting in 1st person?

Hello friends, I have not been playing for a while and as I came back all of a sudden everyone is sprinting in 1st person with both hands on the rifles, smgs and lmgs. We already had it on SKS45 and RPD from the beginning, which was always weird to be to be frank. Now we have a huge mismatch...
  3. Raven1986

Game keeps forcing me to rage quit and play several matches of RO 2 to calm down

Geez guys, why why why is this game still such a hammer falling on my wiener? Playing as an US Machinegunner it took me tons of rounds on traget (!) to bring down a few NVA. The M60 should be a ****ing death machine, just like the MG34, MG42 and DP28 in Red Orchestra 2. 7.62 is a large round...
  4. Raven1986

TE Compound - the incarnation of bad map design

Hello friends, finally getting the chance to die some TE Compound. VC on the attack sounds great for a change, no? Well, if the map was a bit more than leaving the spawn and being perforated to a swiss cheese, then maybe it would. I'm not saying the map is unfit persé for 64-players. But the...
  5. Raven1986

Squad Tunnels should not be destroyed just because an objective was captured

Hello folks, something that always bothered me since the game was playable is the fact the NVA tunnels get auto destroyed just because a nearby objective has been captured by the US forces. This does not make sense as an US squad leader does not automatically die just because the objective was...
  6. Raven1986

Please be so kind and explain something to me

Hello friends, I've played about 70 hours of RS2 now. But I kind of feel like I'm losing interest in the game. The reason for this is mostly the abnormal high amount of deaths I get when playing the game. I'm a veteran of the RO series since late 2004, so I can't really say I'm bad at the game...
  7. Raven1986

CryEngine 3 Enemy Front Light and Shadown Bug

Hello friends, I purchased Enemy Front a while back. My issue is it seems I'm somewhat running around with a light emitting source on my character's head. Whenever there is shadow or dark areas and I get close the area becomes lit. I'm running the game at 3840x2160 (4K) with full details on a...
  8. Raven1986

Invisible Napalm damage zones

Whenever Napalm is dropped, the flames disappear but the Napalm damage zone is still active. Either prolong the duration of the flame emitters or simply shorten the duration of the damage zones. Especially for US forces it is highly annoying to rushi to the capzone just to get killed by...
  9. Raven1986

Who has the Heigh Hoooo! Achievement yet?

Hello friends, out of curiousity, I created this poll. Who of you folks has yet swung the Mattock against the Americans for the "Heigh Hoooo!" achievement? https://youtu.be/GSOio9hdF-M Thanks for participating in the poll. :)
  10. Raven1986

We need tanks and APCs

Folks, as the title already states it, we need tanks, not just US but also NVA armor. I remember the tank battles in the Vietnam DLC for BC2. God that was fun! And no don't give me that bull**** the terrain was not suitable. I'm not talking about dense jungle maps such as Cambodian Incursion...
  11. Raven1986

Weapons disappearing when dropped into water, in trenches and in normal terrain

Weapons when dropped into water, be it by getting killed or be it dropping it deliberately makes them disappear. This is most prominently experienced in the river on Hue City. Sometimes it happens on Cu Chi as well. It weird why weapons should vanish in what is at max kneedeep water. When being...
  12. Raven1986

Team Kill Penalty for Snipers and Scoped Weapons

Hello folks, team killing happens, yes but for a sniper who has a scope to see beyond the normal view distance of others, team killing is a no go. It was already pathetic to get waxed by them in RO2 and RS at ludicrous distances even a normal soldier could tell the difference between German...
  13. Raven1986

As the Sapper class you can not pick up the RPG nor you can pick up handgrenades

As the title already states, you can not pick up handgrenades nor can you pick up the RPG launcher. Weapon pick up is the same mess as in RO2 and RS, but this is a new "feature"
  14. Raven1986

Remove the M18 smoke signal grenade

The M18 smoke signal grenade is a useless piece of ****. Once it caused the commander and me major teamkills. The commander said, he will provide fire support, I said I will smoke the place. Pulling out and throwing the M18 in the belief it was smoke cover. Da ****, it remarked my cordinates for...
  15. Raven1986

Where is the US Armor?

Hello folks, playing Cu Chi as Americans again and again, I honestly miss the US Armored Division on this map. Especially for infantry support role. Having a tank or two hammering at Echo and Bravo from the high way would give the NVA what they deserve, being perforated as soon as they show...
  16. Raven1986

You know ...

... I'm honestly disgusted at several things in Rising Storm 2. First off is still the hit detection. Nothing feels more ball ripping than wasting an entire magazine, placing every single round on target and the guy is simply walking on, just to eventually notice the direction he's under fire...
  17. Raven1986

Cu Chi needs revision

Cu Chi is not a bad map but certainly not a good map either. Thanks to you folks over at TWI and AMG ****ing up the cull distances lots of view cover simply vanishes. Cover which is needed by both the attackers and defenders. A bush may not save you from actual damage but it saves you from being...
  18. Raven1986

What are you intending to do against disappearing foliage + Foliage check mutator

The issue is old, it's been with RO2 in 2011 already. Well, there were not too many bushes or tall grass to hide in on most RO2 maps. This changed drastically when Rising Storm came along. Jungle warfare was the name of the game. Of course not on all maps but certainly on some. Now Rising Storm...
  19. Raven1986

Cu Chi's first three objectives are nice, the rest is tedious and pure annoyance

Is anyone of you guys from TWI and AMG into S'n'M? Seriously folks, Cu Chi reminds me of Spartanovka which initially is a beautiful map but the later stages of the map are just boring and annoying as hell. It's not cool to crawl for about 2 minutes only to find oneself dead as the terrain...
  20. Raven1986

Denying Primary Fire Arm Usage inside tunnels is hogwash and you damn well know it.

Denying the usage of the primary weapon inside tunnels leaves the standard US infantrymen with his bayonet and grenades. Sure realistic as hell. Sure balancing as hell neither. There is no historical reason nor there is a balancing reason why US forces can't use their M16's down there. It's...