• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. DirtyRat

Have the powers that be decided on the games next move yet?

Like many of you my first experience with Red Orchestra was Ostfront back in the 2006 beta. I spent 1,000s of hours of my life playing that game, running servers, building mods and taking part in this forum! Since 2009 my time has been limited and I've not spent as much time with RO2 as I...
  2. DirtyRat

Armored Assault Pack 2 Release and Trailer

I also cut my teeth on the DP-28 as I always auto-assign and 85% of the time end up in the Russian team. Love it.
  3. DirtyRat

Stalingrad Kessel is fundamentally flawed

Stalingrad-Kessel was my 3nd favourite map in RO1 (Hedgehog I miss you), and I love every minute of it - playing on either side, but I prefer allies. Yes, the allies need a good co-ordinated attack, and they have to be very aggressive, but that can be said for many other maps.
  4. DirtyRat

Can change the engine of Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm (UE3) for UE4 or Frostbite 3?

Hilarious first post. If only it was that easy. I doubt we'll see RO3 for at least another few years, and perhaps it will be on UE4...it would make more sense to use something familiar, but it's still a big investment to make for a niche indie title.
  5. DirtyRat

The highs and lows of RO2

I've only spent a little over 100 hrs on RO2, but I sank 1500+ on RO1. The highlight for me was running the WAR IS C3LL server and everyday speaking to people from all over the world, making tactics, which sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. It was the most rewarding multiplayer experience...
  6. DirtyRat

The Popsmoke Mod team has released an In Country: Vietnam - Gameplay Teaser

Good luck with the mod. Loved the teaser, it's obvious everyone is putting in a ton of work. Working on Mare Nostrum for it's first year was an honour. I wish I could be involved again somehow. I only just got around to purchasing the awesome Rising Storm, Sacrilege I know!
  7. DirtyRat

RO2: State of the Game

Yeh Kurland is one of my fave custom maps for sure :) that is before it was made an official map.
  8. DirtyRat

RO2: State of the Game

I'm looking forward to the next patch. I really want to get more into the tank combat, and I'd love to see some of the old combined arms maps make an official return...Konigsplatz and Hedgehog were my faves!
  9. DirtyRat

IGN Best of 2011

Yes I concur, BF2 beats BC2 and BF3 easily. RO2 beats all of the above though. :D:D
  10. DirtyRat

mouse lag in Windows 7 with Vsync on

I've just found this thread and I too suffer from the same issue on both my PC and Laptop running Windows 7 64-Bit. It's really frustrating and it definitely effects your game as by the time you've aimed at someone properly you will have been killed by another person who is no doubt NOT...
  11. DirtyRat

Complaints

I used to love these forums, now they're completely tarred with complaint after complaint... Just enjoy the game people. Trust in TWI to fix the issues...This constant melodrama is becoming very boring.
  12. DirtyRat

Death messages

That is a very good point. I personally like the delay as others have said it adds some suspense. I'm not a complete realism freak though, I DO like to know how I am doing and seeing my kills in the HUD is a nice reward. I also think it adds some rivalism and banter with the other players...
  13. DirtyRat

New mg 34 video by Zips

I simply cannot wait to get my hands on an MG! Great vid Zips.
  14. DirtyRat

PC Gaming is counting on Red Orchestra 2

I play FPS games equally on 360 and on PC. It took A LOT of getting used to on 360 but now I am pretty decent with the pad, and I don't really agree with the PC elitest snobbery that is touted a lot on these (and other) gaming forums. I think people like what they like and enjoy what they are...
  15. DirtyRat

Voodoo Extreme' 2nd Video

Great video Ohmwrecker, your playstyle is very similar to my own, which made it even more enjoyable to watch.
  16. DirtyRat

Female voice on tannoy

I've got the hots for the MEC radio operator voice over in BF2... MECgirl.wmv - YouTube
  17. DirtyRat

Overnight preview batch

Really enjoyed watching the latest vids, great work on the sound design in particular - it's going to be very immersive.
  18. DirtyRat

Who Actually wants to play 'Relaxed Realism'

I think it's a difficult choice, the HUD elements could be useful when you are squadding up with friends so you can see where they are, but at the same time I would prefer the more intense experience no HUD would offer. Hmmm :confused: I will need to try both.
  19. DirtyRat

Update on the Beta - Part 2

Honest heartfelt communication from a senior developer. What more may I ask could people possibly wish for? Thank you.
  20. DirtyRat

Gamescon2011 coverage thread!

I love the BF series but I am getting very bored of hearing about it, and the constant spam on Twitter it's soon going to have a negative impact on me. Shut up EA. In Contrast TWI do seem quiet, but people here do seem to forget how small a company this is, they are already delivering...