• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. The Univermag's ghost

Code Gametype

Hi all! I' ve been practising with code in udk, using a custom game type. I tought it would have been as simple as in udk to set up one in ro2, but i'm having a lot of troubles (no gametype loaded when starting map, the compiler that crashes ecc...). I've already tried to read the other thread...
  2. The Univermag's ghost

Festung europa will be in UE4. Probable collaboration with IC:V.

http://forums.jackbootgames.com/showthread.php?7404-Let-s-Get-(Un)Real Pretty self explanatory... :D
  3. The Univermag's ghost

[Crash] Impossible to use content browser and to compile code

Dear experts, i praise you to try to help me because i am having some incredibly annoying problems with the sdk:( Every damn time i left or right click a package in the content browser, i get "ROGame.exe is not responding". Here's the windows crash log:
  4. The Univermag's ghost

Definitive solution for zoom?

So.. my little idea is simple: tweaking the weapon handling to not penalize people playing without zoom. Then everyone plays the way he wants. Zoom becomes a great advantage because the weapon handling is too much precise (especially on long distances or when out of breath). If weapon handling...
  5. The Univermag's ghost

[Crash] Content browser crash

My red orchestra 2 sdk crashes every time i right-click a package into the content browser. I Already tried cleaning config files, and also reinstalling both the game and the sdk, but without success. I would be very grateful if someone could help me, because i really don't know what to...
  6. The Univermag's ghost

Little question to a developer.

Hi, i would like to ask if the dev team would find convenient to incorporate into killing floor 2 features that would require partial modification to the game engine's source code, and if they could regard also red orchestra 2 (being two games built with the same engine). I am referring in...
  7. The Univermag's ghost

How to import these animations in 3ds max

Currently i know how to import models and animations in 3ds max, however with this package (CHR_FaceFX.upk) 1st: it was not possible to unpackage it with the Umodel batch file method, so i have had to use a different .upk extractor. Here is the link of the one i use...
  8. The Univermag's ghost

Melee blocking

I have found some interesting code on RSMeleeWeapon.uc and RSWeap_Katana.uc. It seems that melee attack blocking is already set up in the game code, but it was removed to favor the japanese team. class RSMeleeWeapon extends ROWeapon abstract; /** The range at which this attack can be used...
  9. The Univermag's ghost

polycount

Hi, i have a simple question: what's the max polycount for a 3rd person and for a 1st person weapon model? (i can't find it out on the modding guidelines thread) Thanks in advance for answering.
  10. The Univermag's ghost

Awesome features

Red Orchestra Heroes of Stalingrad PAX 2010 Trailer HD - YouTube Looking at this old trailer, i have seen some features that were not implemented into the final version of RO2. ----Facial animations:---- Devs already talked about them and said that they weren't implemented due to...
  11. The Univermag's ghost

Spamming threads on idas and suggestions

Why it isn't forbidden to make a lot of 3-4 lines threads in the ideas and suggestion section? It makes me cry when i see someone just typing a pair of lines writing "this thing could be added!" I am not against those suggestions, but i' d prefer to see thought posts, not "Add this, devs" or...
  12. The Univermag's ghost

Realistic bipod deploying and relative sound

Now, in the game it seems that the bipod simply levitates into the air, and theresn't a sound of "deploying weapon". However, why should i talk about how would i like to see it when i can simply link a video where it is shown?:D Just go at 0:59 Red Orchestra 2 Trailer - YouTube There are also...
  13. The Univermag's ghost

At rifle detection

The server sided hit detection works with both tanks and infantry, but it's nearly impossible to hit a moving enemy. With the client sided hit detection, as i know, it would be more realistic and easy to hit moving enemies (IRL you don't have to consider your ping), but it wouldn't be...
  14. The Univermag's ghost

Draw and write tactics on the minimap

Currently there's a big limit of teamwork, a commander can't decide easily where to deploy/undeploy Squad 1, 2, where he wants smoke, arty marks, SLs etc without talking all the time in the VoIP or typing non stop in the team chat. My idea is to draw/write down the tactics the commander wants...
  15. The Univermag's ghost

(How to) fire type 91 grenades with the knee mortar?

Hi, I am a complete newbie with the SDK, and I would like to find someone that can tell me how to replace the type 89 HE shell with the type 91 grenade. I think it' s enough to swap the model of the HE shell with the type91's one, re-use the same animation (they have both the security pin in the...
  16. The Univermag's ghost

Fire type 91 grenades with the knee mortar

From wikipedia "type 91 grenade" "As part of this concept, the Japanese Army had adopted by 1932 a set of fragmentation grenades with almost universal adaptibility. The Type 91 fragmentation grenade could be thrown by hand, fired from a rifle via a spigot-type launcher, or used in a mortar-like...